Prospect Info: 13-14' Prospects Thread Version XVI: All Prospect Talk Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grant

LL Genius
Jan 16, 2012
London
Was a right knee injury and this video shows Rielly's right knee getting higher than his left.

He should injure his left on purpose :sarcasm:

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
10 years ago it was Colaiacovo, White, Bell, Kronwall, etc.

In all fairness, Rielly is a far better prospect than any of them ever were, but as a whole, no team's prospects ever end up as good as people think.

I'm hopeful for our prospects, but every team has guys like Granberg and Blacker.

Is it true Colaiacovo and Finn are related? https://twitter.com/sunhornby/status/216537943047811073

Anyway, I'm not sure every team has a player with the success of Granberg by age 20. For the Leafs, I'd say D'Amigo is closest with 2 Gold medals, world's U18 and U20, and then ROTY in ECAC.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerry_D'Amigo

Amateur

D'Amigo played for Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (RPI) of the Eastern College Athletic Conference (ECAC) of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA). He finished fifth nationally in points per game by a rookie (0.97), led RPI in game-winning goals, and finished second in shorthanded goals.[1] He won the ECAC Rookie of the Year and also was named to the ECAC Rookie Team.[2] Jerry graduated from Johnson City High School in 2009 in Johnson City, New York

It would have been nice to see him coached by someone other than Eakins.

KlattNazty

Feb 3, 2011
Is it true Colaiacovo and Finn are related? https://twitter.com/sunhornby/status/216537943047811073

Anyway, I'm not sure every team has a player with the success of Granberg by age 20. For the Leafs, I'd say D'Amigo is closest with 2 Gold medals, world's U18 and U20, and then ROTY in ECAC.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerry_D'Amigo

It would have been nice to see him coached by someone other than Eakins.

Looking forward to him with Spott.

Spott was incredible for him in Kitchener. Re-found his offensive prowess and quickly.

Who knows, maybe D'amigo finds his offensive stride this year again in some different minutes. Would certainly make him one of our most well rounded prospects, but I'd argue he is that already.

bigdirty

Mar 11, 2010

Yes, according to eliteprospects, Finn and Colaiacovo are cousins.

As for Granberg, he's definitely got a great resume, but I don't think many would consider him to be a blue-chip prospect. Nothing wrong with that, he's still a very good prospect, but I'm sure if we all took the time, we could each come up with a long list of D prospects from around the league we'd take over Granberg.
So maybe there aren't many teams will a prospect that has his resume, but most teams would certainly have a young D prospect of the same calibre.

pooleboy

Dec 23, 2009
Ontario
Yes, according to eliteprospects, Finn and Colaiacovo are cousins.

As for Granberg, he's definitely got a great resume, but I don't think many would consider him to be a blue-chip prospect. Nothing wrong with that, he's still a very good prospect, but I'm sure if we all took the time, we could each come up with a long list of D prospects from around the league we'd take over Granberg.
So maybe there aren't many teams will a prospect that has his resume, but most teams would certainly have a young D prospect of the same calibre.

I can name at least 3 I would put ahead of him just in our organization

SteveV*

I can't.

Unless you just go by draft position, which is irrelevant after the draft.

I find the love for Scratch Finn particularly amusing.

People are really getting carried away with Finn, good prospect, nowhere near a can't miss and I've seen him live many times.

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
Have not seen this yet

SO here is a new video of Biggs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHLKBC_bTH0
A friend of mine works out at the same place, and apparently Biggs was overwhelmed by the size, strength and speed of the AHL guys. SO he dedicated himself hard this summer and the results seem to be great, as he is (according to my friend) leaner and stronger, a great combo!

RoyalGremlin

The future is now.
Jun 19, 2007
SO here is a new video of Biggs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHLKBC_bTH0
A friend of mine works out at the same place, and apparently Biggs was overwhelmed by the size, strength and speed of the AHL guys. SO he dedicated himself hard this summer and the results seem to be great, as he is (according to my friend) leaner and stronger, a great combo!

Definitely looks committed. Excited to see him at training camp!

Animal

Oct 10, 2012
looks pretty good. But you can tell he still has a lot of room to fill out

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012
Tyler Biggs Working Hard

There was a video that showed up today of Tyler Biggs today. He's been seen working really hard and gaining some real muscle. It gets me excited just looking at this video, shows me signs of determination. It's hard to say whether he's a bust or not, but this video really backs up the facts that he's trying really hard.

What do you guys think? :D

Last edited by a moderator:

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
Guy is a beast. Physically he's ready im just not sure he's ready to play above the 4th line skill wise yet. A line of Orr Colborne and Biggs would be a load to handle...he's also said to be good defensively which could be a fit. Did Biggs generally do well in the fights in the ohl? Didn't see many of them. Big boy with mean streak and good skating, hopefully the skill catches up. Could be our Kyle Clifford ish forward (maybe a bit more scoring potential/size) stylistically. Thanks for the share.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
Just got to say this.
You could probably make a video for every single prospect and player in every single league every off season and it'll look like they're training really hard. It's just something they do every off season.

Saying that, I do still have big hopes for Biggs and think he's a beast of a man almost ready to break in the NHL. Biggs, just like Gauthier would be two thirds of my possible dream third line of the future.

Kulemin-Gauthier-Biggs? D'Amigo-Gauthier-Biggs? Leivo-Gauthier-Biggs?

bobbyflex

Feb 26, 2010
Toronto, ON
There was a video that showed up today of Tyler Biggs today. He's been seen working really hard and gaining some real muscle. It gets me excited just looking at this video, shows me signs of determination. It's hard to say whether he's a bust or not, but this video really backs up the facts that he's trying really hard.

What do you guys think? :D

Deadlift form is brutal :laugh:

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
This, I'm surprised, he looked bigger in his draft year too me. He's got a lot of room to grow, to be a power forwards size.

Didn't he play at around 230 pounds last season? Has he dropped a significantly amount of weight or was this misreported...cause that's pretty filled out imo....at 6'3 that's rock solid...even at 220 that's pretty well fully developed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad