Prospect Info: #129 Maximilian Kilpinen, 2022 Draft

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Detroit is taking some guys who played very little last year, hoping that they’ve got some guys who would be ranked higher if not for lack of development time?

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Never seen him but his stats look interesting. Started the season in U18 but quickly transitioned to the U20 team, ended up scoring point-per-game on a high scoring team and 2nd in playoffs scoring for the team.

Reactions: Henkka and Frk It

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
From Draper-interview:

- Håkan and TC (Thomas Carlsson, scout) did see him a lot.
- Position, skating and hockey sense were biggest strengths.
- Draft stock probably did fall, because was hurt for the first half on season and was left off from swedish junior national team.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Ansar Khan listed him as Left wing, I don't know where does that come from.

Yzerman said at draft that "we drafted 5 Centers", but Khan only had listed him as LW and rest 4 as centers.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009

Yzerman said at draft that "we drafted 5 Centers", but Khan only had listed him as LW and rest 4 as centers.
He took very few faceoffs this season both in J18 and J20, and on many of the game sheets I checked he was mostly on the wing. Probably has played a lot at center though in past seasons.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

5 centers? I am counting 3 between Kasper, Lombardi, and Ali

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
And Mehlenbacher & Kilpinen.
Just looked at a bunch of lineup sheets for Muskegon, and Mehlebacher is listed as 2C for a lot of games.

Was thinking he was a winger for some reason. No clue if Kilpinen is a center or winger.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Just looked at a bunch of lineup sheets for Muskegon, and Mehlebacher is listed as 2C for a lot of games.

Was thinking he was a winger for some reason. No clue if Kilpinen is a center or winger.

Yzerman said 5 centers when he got asked about it, so even if those guys didnt play it a whole lot this year they must view them at center long term as of right now

Reactions: Henkka

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Looks like he has a solid set of tools. I like the number of centers we drafted. This guy also has decent size. Back when the Wings were great they used to stock up on centers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad