May 26, 2011
discord.gg
Kp6sihy.png

lazy/premature gdt :)

Last edited:

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
I'm just here to complain about Jarry/Desmith, no matter what happens

TJ ranked 11th in GAA and S%. Generally looked decent to me so far this year especially for a 3.5M starting goalie. He's awful at shootouts and people gotta act like a loss is all his fault after he plays a solid 65 minutes and the team can't win at actual hockey.

I hope he continues this play and improves his playoff mentality if we make it...that's all that matters. Unless they put shootouts when the games matter.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
TJ ranked 11th in GAA and S%. Generally looked decent to me so far this year especially for a 3.5M starting goalie. He's awful at shootouts and people gotta act like a loss is all his fault after he plays a solid 65 minutes and the team can't win at actual hockey.

I hope he continues this play and improves his playoff mentality if we make it...that's all that matters. Unless they put shootouts when the games matter.

He was mocking me, because I think Jarry sucks.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006

Someone on that coaching staff needs to be the bad guy and level with him by informing him that Desmith will play the shootouts from now on.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Is it even possible to play a different goalie in the shootout than you played in regulation and OT? Genuine question. :laugh: I don't think I've ever seen that before.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018

But like, the posts.

The team has no confidence in front of him.

I'm only Joshing. I like Jarry.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
But like, the posts.

The team has no confidence in front of him.

I'm only Joshing. I like Jarry.
I don't like Jarry after last years playoffs, that was awful! You simply cannot trust him. That said I can give him props if he plays a good game. And up until the shootout I thought he played well last night. But the shootout is pretty much an automatic loss at this point. I don't have to necessarily like a player to give him props now and then if he plays well. I can still exhibit some modicum of objectivity.

Case in point I was giving it to KK and Jake for being empty jerseys for quite some time. Recently they started finding the back of the net and their overall game was better including generating chances and playing well away from the puck. I can acknowledge the fact that they've been better. Some however may just have a blind hatred. That's where You and I might differ from some. We can be honest with what we're seeing on the ice on a given night.

Reactions: Kristopher Letang

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
I don't like Jarry after last years playoffs, that was awful! You simply cannot trust him. That said I can give him props if he plays a good game. And up until the shootout I thought he played well last night. But the shootout is pretty much an automatic loss at this point. I don't have to necessarily like a player to give him props now and then if he plays well. I can still exhibit some modicum of objectivity.

Case in point I was giving it to KK and Jake for being empty jerseys for quite some time. Recently they started finding the back of the net. I can acknowledge the fact that they've been better. Some however may just have a blind hatred. That's where I and you might differ from some. We can be honest with what we're seeing on the ice on a given night.

Jarry is an average to below-average starting goalie with the pedigree to match. He sucked in the playoffs and he sucks in shootouts.

Jake has the pedigree of a star winger. Kapenen is supposed to be a legit top-6 wings etc.
Sid and Geno are supposed to aspire quasi-religious reverence even to this day.

We should grade these players on a curve relative to our expectations of them. It shouldn't be harder than just pick whipping boys to absorb all ire, so we can say "aside from the whipping boys, we are basically Cup champs tbh lol"

Reactions: Big Friggin Dummy

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Jarry is an average to below-average starting goalie with the pedigree to match. He sucked in the playoffs and he sucks in shootouts.

Jake has the pedigree of a star winger. Kapenen is supposed to be a legit top-6 wings etc.

We should grade these players on a curve relative to our expectations of them. It shouldn't be harder than just pick whipping boys to absorb all ire, so we can say "aside from the whipping boys, we are basically Cup champs tbh lol"
But my point is simply if you play poorly you should receive criticism. Conversely, if you play well you should receive some level or degree of praise. In other words call a spade a spade.

Again I don't like Jarry at all anymore. But that in and of itself doesn't mean I can't acknowledge the notion that he plays a good game. And yeah I'm not gonna hold ERod for example to same standard that I would for Jake. Clearly Jake should be held to a higher standard.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

It's kind of funny to see you rage at pixie over his ripping on Jarry even when there are other issues contributing to our struggles, while at the same time taking digs at Crosby/Malkin any time you get a chance even when there's bigger issues contributing to playoff struggles.

I mean, have at it, I guess. Jarry's worth dying on the cross for. But apparently people not wanting to burn Crosby and Malkin at the stake because of what they've done for this franchise are the oddballs.

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
Someone on that coaching staff needs to be the bad guy and level with him by informing him that Desmith will play the shootouts from now on.
I just want Jarry to win us a game. I don't care if he lets up 8 goals.

He doesn't have the mentality to play a full game. At least Matt Murray still did that even when he sucked.

Can we just start Lindberg? I'd be down for that. I'm numb to goalies at this point. DeSmith is not a good goalie and isn't the answer to impactful performances so we don't have much to lose.

Reactions: canadianguy77
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad