GDT: #12 | Penguins @ Hurricanes | Oct. 28th 7:00 PM | PNC Arena | ROOT |

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I can not remember the last time Crosby scored an empty net goal. Has to be a couple of years at least if not more. He can not have more than 4 or 5 in his career.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
that was a pretty boring game and not a lot of good stuff happened, but i'll take the win. nice showing by Megna.

Megna and Maatta made it interesting.

IMO, the Pens played worse tonight than they did in the third against Toronto or the Isles.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I can not remember the last time Crosby scored an empty net goal. Has to be a couple of years at least if not more. He can not have more than 4 or 5 in his career.

It's pretty frustrating because his main art ross and rocket richard competition always seem to get empty net goals. Ov and Stamkos get tons of those it feels like.

Doesn't much matter in terms of the ross though as Crosby will probably seal that up effortlessly with or without the empty net points. But he'll never win another rocket without getting some of those empty netters.

Human

cynic
Jan 22, 2011
Bandwagon
Dupuis with 2+ mins more TOI than Malkin.

that Dupuis signing just makes me wanna puke a bit in my mouth when put in context...

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Compared to his first 2 i'd say yes.

Agree with that in terms of the actual plays. The reason I asked 'did he' is because the Pens may as well have been playing the little sisters of the poor tonight. It's tough to gauge anything from this, and to the degree that I do I think this effort/performance was every bit as bad if not worse than the last two.

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
Dupuis with 2+ mins more TOI than Malkin.

that Dupuis signing just makes me wanna puke a bit in my mouth when put in context...

Well, it was closer until the last 1:25

Well... that's a little better.... I guess...?

Still shouldn't be that close, but we know that won't change anytime soon.

Malkin really needs to be spotted more shifts with Sid right now. No excuse not to given the dearth of capable wingers right now.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
not to take away anything to breaking the losing streak, but this Carolina team one of the worst teams I've seen so far

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Well... that's a little better.... I guess...?

Still shouldn't be that close, but we know that won't change anytime soon.

Malkin really needs to be spotted more shifts with Sid right now. No excuse not to given the dearth of capable wingers right now.

Or a couple more double shifts. Eh, whatever.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
not to take away anything to breaking the losing streak, but this Carolina team one of the worst teams I've seen so far

It's weird to see how bad Jordan Staal is there. He looks completely lost. He was a force for us.

But I guess for us he was sheltered behind Sid and Geno.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005

No, take away. You think we played better, worse, or the same compared to the last two?

IMO, if we'd played like this against Toronto, they'd have scored a half dozen or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad