['12 HFB Draft Board] #1

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
We'll start as we did last year, I will just use the ISS rankings to begin the process: http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articles/13931/iss_top30_risers_and_fallers_march2012/

The first 5 names listed above the line are eligible to be put directly on to the list.

The next 5 (below the line), are eligible to be moved up to be put on the next poll. If any two are tied in bottom portion, I'll just move them up, and later on pare down the list when it gets too big.

We can tweak the process if it merits such.

This is to encourage discussion comparing prospects to each other, citing a drop in talent, etc. Especially for those of us less fortunate to see them for ourselves. It is not supposed to be a mock draft, so just pick the players you like.

You may also want to request a name to be added to the next poll.

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
Well it has to be Nail here. Some say he might be the best prospect since Crosby. While that is up for debate (Kane, Stamkos, Tavares all say hi), he should be 1st overall no question.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Add Galchenyuk, obviously. ISS has him 16th, but CSS has him 4th. I think it's okay to include him.

That said, Yakupov. Could've gone top 4 last year if the age limit was changed. Pretty much the undisputed BPA. Could have issues in his career if he plays such a reckless game, but there's no one better.

Well it has to be Nail here. Some say he might be the best prospect since Crosby. While that is up for debate (Kane, Stamkos, Tavares all say hi), he should be 1st overall no question.

Kane is a safe expectation for Nail. Comparing Stamkos' draft year numbers to Nail's rookie year numbers...I'd say his top-side is being just as good as Stamkos...won't go crazy and say he'll be better...especially with the supporting cast in CBJ, but nothing's impossible.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Voted Yakupov 1st overall, didn't notice that I could also vote for a "below the line" player, would have voted for Dumba.

Add Galchenyuk.

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
Voted Yakupov 1st overall, didn't notice that I could also vote for a "below the line" player, would have voted for Dumba.
I'll do my best to include votes for below-the-line players if you post them.

squidz*

As others have mentioned, we should add Galchenyuk directly above the line.

AwesomePanthers

Maybe next season
Aug 20, 2009
Add Galchenyuk.

Forgot how the game was played, only voted for one of the top5. I would have voted Dumba/Reinhart.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Just a little surprised that NO one has voted for Grigorenko. What a difference one scout's one line opinion can make on who deserves to go first overall.

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
Should be, and is, a pretty clear consensus on the vote. Nail, Dumba, and add Galchenyuk.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad