1: cricfree.tv - 2: ibrod.tv - 3: nutjob.eu - 4: lag10.com

7qmf.png

s38z.png

t5t8.png

Last edited:

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Lines look a hundred times better. Not nearly so messy. Big night for TJ.

Is Barbs really playing with Hedman? Excited, but nervous, to see that.

I also wouldn't be surprised if we wind up facing Lehner tonight.

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
I love this team and want them to succeed but there is nothing this team has done recently to make me optimistic for this game. The free fall continues. We're doomed. This is truly Panik mode.

panik_button1.jpg

Go Lightning :bolts

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
The new lines look good. I've said it before, Flip and Kucherov could be a good fit and that 3rd line looks great too. Thompson finally got bumped up a line.

FDfranklin

Jan 21, 2013
Well.. Coming into downtown today the electronic billboard had the info for tonight's game and then right after had a Verizon sign that said "tired of non-lightning speeds?" and I answered yes.

If the Lightning come out with "Lightning Speeds":

6-2 BOLTS

If they come out with non-lightning speeds:

4-1 OTT

2016cupwinners

May 2, 2013
Our vet forwards, Marty, Val, and Purcell, are mostly perimeter players. It's natural for rookies to copy what the vets do, so if you want the team to play a, stand in front of the net, type game, then you have to get the vets to buy into it. At least until the kids are comfortable enough to begin taking on leadership roles themselves.

With that said, we don't have the personnel to play that type game for long. We have small, fast, skilled type forwards who will probably just get injured if they try standing in front for long. Darting in and out of holes near the net, or swarming around the net I can see, but just standing in front, we don't have the personnel for it, unless we play big guys like Hedman, Sustr, or Aulie as forwards until Malone gets back, but I doubt Aulie has the hands for it. Sustr might be able to do it, although he lacks strength, Hedman shouldn't have any trouble with it.

The coaches preferring rebound type goals instead of skill type goals, considering the type of forwards we have, is a bit misguided I think, a hybrid of both styles is more to my liking.

For a short term fix, get the vets to do it and the rooks will follow. For a longer term fix, lay off the implied guilt trips about scoring skill goals and play Hedman and Sustr as screen, deflector, rebound guys, or trade for some big vet forwards who play that style. Good luck.

2016cupwinners

May 2, 2013
Oh, and Purcell has fallen back into his bad old habit. Someone sets him up for a one-timer, and instead of one-timing it into the open net, he stops the incoming pass, settles it down, looks around for a pass, looks at the net, then shoots into a now fully ready goalie. I think he gets embarrassed when he whiffs on a one-timer, but it's better to whiff occasionally and get some goals, than to always hit the goalie in the chest. If the pass is a bit off, snap it instead of slap it.

Marty, on the powerplay, has fallen back into his old habit of taking 3-4 seconds to make a decision on puck distribution. Powerplays are about quick puck movement.

Glide5

Apr 16, 2012
Tampa Bay
I like these line ups a lot, but its hard to tell what will happen with them. No matter how good the boys have been, it's still 2 rookies on the first line, one and a half rookies on the second line, one on the third, and one on the forth. I do like the centers better though. Killer is much better as a winger, and Dana is a serviceable forth line winger, so im not worried there.

It's hard to tell how tonight goes. I think we may loose, but it could be a tough game. We tend to play Ottawa well.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
I dont like this wish was saturday game. Ottawa plays or has played cheaply at times this year. Meaning late hits bad hits slashes etc.. So hope crombeen is ready for a fight cause probably going to have to tonight. Hope everyone is ready love the new lines do not like how cheap I have seen ottawa play in the few games have watched them I thought toronto was thuggish and played that style.

I think we win we win we win 3-2 tough game very physical game. We got to return their physicality with our own.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Erik Erlendsson ‏@erlendssonTBO 35 s
No surprise that Ben Bishop will get the start in net, and no surprise Matt Taormina will play, but in a bit of surprise, Panik likely out

Silver Tuna

Easy on the Pepsi!!
Jun 4, 2011
Georgetown, ON
Just make sure you play that second line(which is the 1st line to me) 20 minutes tonight.
Call me crazy but that's my top PP line as well.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Panik has earned himself another night in the box.

(Go to the box Richard. Feel shame.)

Panik hasn't been good the past 5 games but Killorn has been just as bad. Dude takes way too many penalties, he needs to sit a game too so he can get his act together.

FDfranklin

Jan 21, 2013
You've got to think that not scoring is a "thing" around the team that has to be weighing them down mentally. Hopefully they can shake it.. I think after 1 goal the flood gates will open. We always play good at home. Still will probably lose, I have hockey tonight so can't watch it either way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad