Post-Game Talk: 12/30/17 | Kings 4 @ Canucks 3

Yggdrasil

Oct 30, 2015
edler not passing to wide open boeser on the pp strikes again.

please leave edler. just go.

Jack Burton

Pro Tank Since 13
Oct 27, 2016
Pork Chop Express
Agree with all of this. On Reddit people are torching Marky (as usual) but I struggle to see why. He may have allowed 4 and our G have been mediocre for a couple of weeks (having saved our bacon until then) and all of a sudden Miller is remembered as a Vezina-caliber hero and Marky is a sieve. I just don’t get it. He is to blame for zero of the goals and made a lot of saves he had no business making.

Also, Loui Eriksson? What happened? I thought he finally turned a corner here and since he hasn’t been seen..

Deflection pure and simple.

People can't accept the team Linden and Benning have built and are riding rainbows with lollipops.

Olé Jack Burton has been say'n for a while now that drafting is the easy part but player development is where it's at.

It's going to get a lot worse around here before it gets better.

:nod:

Reactions: thepoeticgoblin

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Yah, this is fake news.

Proof of article ?

Yup.

The NHL tweeted that Caps goal against us that had too many men on the ice and celebrated it.

League is a ****ing joke. No way do I think they rig games, but no doubt they favorite the bigger market teams.

Pretty sure Kerry Fraser admitted refs do that in an article a few years back.

No way should that goal the Kings got have counted. You guys got ****ed there big time.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
vancouver is a considerably bigger hockey market than la too, so that just makes zero sense.

this isn't 2011 the canucks are irrelevant no one really gives a f*** about us.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
He didn't stand there 'like a dope', he was in proper position and tried, he just didn't clear the puck successfully. I would have to see the play again to see what Hutton was doing and where the forward help was.

You don't understand what I'm saying.

There is expected play and then above expected play. This is an area he is supposed to be good at, as in, better than average, as in does more than you would exoect of a player. He has to be because he is so poor at everything else. Merely doing the expected play is not enough.

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver
Kings have guys that can cause mayhem. They worked hard. Canucks were clearly overpowered on a few shifts.

I watched on TV and Markstrom looked culpable twice but it's hard to tell with compressed perspective. I thought he played well in the face of King's attack. I'd like to see him in the playoffs.

Canucks did display some grit. Canucks have rarely confronted the Kings before. This is sort of an indicator game, for me. It makes me wonder what this squad would look like in the playoffs? They were very competitive in a tough contest. Damn!

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Been a long, long time since I almost completely disagree with Orcatown but today is another of those days. I’d guess the shots attempts against were nearly 2:1 and they allowed 36 on goal while only getting 25. This wasn’t a good game for the Canucks.

A couple nice individua, stories in Stecher getting a goal and Dowd scoring against his old team but for the most part it was another game they couldn’t keep pucks out of the net (not the goaltenders fault either) and couldn’t limit scoring chances. It was a poor game I thought. From the blueline struggling down low to controller disconnect backchecks (ahem Gagner). They were the second best team by a good amount and the regulation “L” is fitting.

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
The Sky is Falling.

Benning is the worst GM in human history.

Linden is horrid.

Canucks won't make the playoff until 2025.

Yada Yada Yada

Reactions: CanaFan

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
These are the kinds of games that teams not destined for any playoff hockey find a way to lose unfortunately. Sens and Canadians also lost last night, and they won't make it either. Canucks are up 3-2 early in the third, and legitimate playoff teams just find a way to lock it down and see it through to the end.

Markstrom played well, but sadly it's not the goals he lets in, it's 'when' he lets them in. They seem to always come at the worst time.....By contrast, watched the highlights of Demko holding the fort in Utica for an undermanned Comets team......the guy just seems to come up with a miraculous save at the time his team desperately needs it. Really hoping to see him get some games in VanCity this year.

Toxic0n

We are all mumps
Dec 10, 2008
Tank nation
edler not passing to wide open boeser on the pp strikes again.

please leave edler. just go.
Ridiculous. Edler is our highest TOI logging D-man, 2nd highest scoring D-man and probably our 2nd best defensive D-man after Tanev. You think this team is bad with Edler?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad