GDT: 12/29/13 - 7:00PM EDT - New York Rangers VS Tampa Bay

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Once again they waited too long to start playing the way they could have the whole game. The 3rd was great but 20 minutes isn't enough. Now we have to survive this roadtrip and we aren't that great on the road as we know. Tonight's points were huge and we screwed up. :(

Glide5

Apr 16, 2012
Tampa Bay
Well this sounded like a pretty poor game by the bolts. Lot of bad plays and missed opportunities.

I cant be too mad. First non OT loss in almost 2 weeks. But still. We go to Vancouver soon, and those games are almost always a loss thanks to the flight and all.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
One of those games that could haunt us at the end of the season. Completely winnable game and they don't have anyone else to blame but themselves. We were due for a regulation loss but would rather get it out of the way on Wednesday when we're probably going to lose either way. 3/4 are winnable on that road trip too but we all know how these western road trips are.

Please play like you play in the third period for the whole game!

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
We all know if Bishop was in goal this would be a win instead of a loss!

Maybe, maybe not. I agree with everything Crabby has said in this thread about Lindy vs Bishop, but just like last night our guys in front of goalie were the problem here. Luckily for us Bishop was big in getting us that point. Lindy wasn't as good but, I'd look at the other guys first before I bring up the goaltending.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
Maybe, maybe not. I agree with everything Crabby has said in this thread about Lindy vs Bishop, but just like last night our guys in front of goalie were the problem here. Luckily for us Bishop was big in getting us that point. Lindy wasn't as good but, I'd look at the other guys first before I bring up the goaltending.

Yeah, can't fault goaltending here when your defense is as horrible as it was today. We needed that one more big save and didn't get it this time but you can't expect goaltending to bail out the team night in and night out.

Tampa Bay Kiwi

Apr 23, 2013
Disappointing end to the point streak. But we did show tonight that we can play good hockey with a lineup riddled with rookies. I'm one of the harsher critics of Barbs but I felt he was one of our better player tonight. Maybe seeing more time with Hedman is helping him?
Well, time to move on to the Canadian road-trip and hope for the best!

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I think anyone looks decent paired with Hedman.

Look - this was a winnable game, and it sucks we came out of it without any points, but we're so thin on D right now with injuries and it's showing. Hank kept out quite a few golden chances, so that sucks. Basically, we have to play 60 minutes, and we haven't done so lately. It sucks, but there are good things to see in all of these games.

Considering all the young guns, I think it's good that they're going through these issues now. If we can get and stay healthy, I think we can make some noise come playoff time with our veterans plus the improving play of the rookies.

Ricebox

Feb 7, 2013
Norway - Florida
Didn't really have time to watch this game,

i told myself ahead of time i wouldn't be mad if the Rangers win and Zuccarello got a goal,

i guess i kind of jynxed myself on that one.

looks like another ****** game by Lindback, and some bad PK.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012

i told myself ahead of time i wouldn't be mad if the Rangers win and Zuccarello got a goal,

If you had watched the game you would've seen it wasn't a ****** game by Lindback, nice try though.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL

Lindback was ok. I wouldn't necessarily blame him for any of the goals but a starting goaltender (Bishop) would've stopped one or two of those. Got hung out to dry on 2 of the goals, but once again, if he wants to be considered a #1 then he has to make some of those saves.

In other words, wouldn't say he lost us the game but he certainly didn't win it for us either. About what you'd expect from a backup.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Lindback was ok. I wouldn't necessarily blame him for any of the goals but a starting goaltender (Bishop) would've stopped one or two of those. Got hung out to dry on 2 of the goals, but once again, if he wants to be considered a #1 then he has to make some of those saves.

In other words, wouldn't say he lost us the game but he certainly didn't win it for us either. About what you'd expect from a backup.

Exactly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad