GDT: 12/28/13 - 7:00PM EDT - Montréal VS Tampa Bay

Maelmoor

Apr 20, 2004
Stockholm, Sweden
Just one good period, we started way too slow, so considering that im fine with a point. Hedman was solid, Palat had a good game and I thought Barb had some great cutting passes. Second line was invisible throughout the game..

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Definitely had lead in the skates the first two periods. All things considered, you have to just shrug and take the point. Still a good effort against a good team.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Just watched the condensed game. There wasn't a single Montreal highlight in the 3rd but 7 or 8 Lightning highlights. Wow. And Palat seemed to be part in most of them. What a player.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
2 very sloppy and rusty teams and we lost in the coinflip session despite playing like complete dog **** the first 40 minutes. I'll take the point.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
I thought we had won the game listening to the crowd after the game, I love how we get out faned in our own building, damn Northerners.

I thought we had won the game listening to the crowd after the game, I love how we get out faned in our own building, damn Tampa Bayers they never go to the games.

*Fixed that for you*

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I thought we had won the game listening to the crowd after the game, I love how we get out faned in our own building, damn Tampa Bayers they never go to the games.

*Fixed that for you*

If that was the case we'd be at the bottom of the league in attendance every year. We attend games but damn when we play certain teams we don't stand a chance.

Bolts265

Nov 9, 2011
Zephyrhills, FL
If that was the case we'd be at the bottom of the league in attendance every year. We attend games but damn when we play certain teams we don't stand a chance.

Don't agree about the bottom of the attendance figures. If that were true that we don't go to games Panthers should be above us every year with all the transplants down there.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
It's because Tampa 'fans' switch jerseys when certain teams roll in or because they know there will be a lot of away fans there and sell their tickets. I know this is true because someone in my row does it. They don't want to deal with the rude northerners, so they sell their tickets. Usually they are bought by northerners or are empty seats.

Bolts265

Nov 9, 2011
Zephyrhills, FL
Bingo.
They live here now but switch to the jersey from their old home. Can't quite cut the string for some odd reason. Let me ask...what does your old team add to the community?

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I get that a lot of people from NY, New England area and Michigan move down here but I didn't know that many Canadians live down here now. They must want some of that Obamacare.

FDfranklin

Jan 21, 2013
I get that a lot of people from NY, New England area and Michigan move down here but I didn't know that many Canadians live down here now. They must want some of that Obamacare.

I think a lot of them are down for the winter. You see a ton of Canadian license plates at MTL games.

As someone who goes to a ton of games, I generally avoid these games because it annoys me when the crowd is cheering against your team and the tickets are usually more expensive.

I think the bolts need to do something like have cheaper tickets, prizes, discounts etc.. if you wear lightning gear to these games.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
I think a lot of them are down for the winter. You see a ton of Canadian license plates at MTL games.

As someone who goes to a ton of games, I generally avoid these games because it annoys me when the crowd is cheering against your team and the tickets are usually more expensive.

I think the bolts need to do something like have cheaper tickets, prizes, discounts etc.. if you wear lightning gear to these games.

I think this will become less of an issue if we can start to string together a couple of successful seasons.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I think this will become less of an issue if we can start to string together a couple of successful seasons.

I want the team to string together good seasons but that means they'll raise all ticket prices. The season ticket holders will still buy but there might become less new season ticket holders. Also general public will avoid the big team games cause those prices will be too high for casual fans and those that have a ticket will try to cash in by scalping the big money games.

We are lucky to have such cheap tickets to begin with, but with that I'm sure fans of other teams are buying up all the available tickets once they go on sale. Besides all the snow birds I'm sure hardcore fans are planning their vacations to Florida around a game so they can attend while here. The NHL needs to throw us a bone for having us in the Atlantic by scheduling all our home games from mid November till mid February vs southern and western teams.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
I want the team to string together good seasons but that means they'll raise all ticket prices. The season ticket holders will still buy but there might become less new season ticket holders. Also general public will avoid the big team games cause those prices will be too high for casual fans and those that have a ticket will try to cash in by scalping the big money games.

We are lucky to have such cheap tickets to begin with, but with that I'm sure fans of other teams are buying up all the available tickets once they go on sale. Besides all the snow birds I'm sure hardcore fans are planning their vacations to Florida around a game so they can attend while here. The NHL needs to throw us a bone for having us in the Atlantic by scheduling all our home games from mid November till mid February vs southern and western teams.

We aren't going to get more fans going to games unless we win consistently. Sure, you're absolutely right that prices will go up, but if there is a winning team on the ice then the fans will show.

Tampa Bay Kiwi

Apr 23, 2013
Anybody else think Subban is a bit overrated? Not saying he's bad, but I just don't see a Norris caliber defensman there. Didn't really impress me a lot last night.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad