GDT: 12/23/23 - 7:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Washington

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I'm like 10% hoping this is happening. I'm not down on Serg as much as it's like whenever he has one of those nights where he makes mistakes he knows better than to make, I feel like he peaked early and is in the 5th year of a sophomore slump in terms of making brain farts. I want him to stay but it's noticeable already in 2 games how many less mistakes are being made on defense.

Our forwards need to get better already in our zone
We cant trade him. Even if he's not living up to expectations, our D becomes significantly worse without him, and that's scary. The only way we can move him and improve is by taking back an older defenseman who's still steady. Cant see us being in that market.

OffBy1

Aug 5, 2021
Serge is almost automatic for a bad outcome when he makes a play with the puck on his backhand in our zone, usually up the boards. I think Serge actually defends well when it's one on one, but him with the puck in our zone - it's hold on to your butts time. I think that comes down to decision making and awareness, and this far into his career it's hard not to conclude he just doesn't have it.

Reactions: Stammertime91

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
We cant trade him. Even if he's not living up to expectations, our D becomes significantly worse without him, and that's scary. The only way we can move him and improve is by taking back an older defenseman who's still steady. Cant see us being in that market.
Well when you're right, you're right. I am just disheartened by the fact we've barely missed a beat without him. I'm not saying I wish it was burning down for the Lightning in Sergachev's absence. Just more like I really wish my frustration with him wasn't almost immediately vindicated for 1 1/2 games.

For Serg, he's usually on of our best playoff performers. He earns his checks in May and not December and it's a constant battle to remember that on my end

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Well when you're right, you're right. I am just disheartened by the fact we've barely missed a beat without him. I'm not saying I wish it was burning down for the Lightning in Sergachev's absence. Just more like I really wish my frustration with him wasn't almost immediately vindicated for 1 1/2 games.

For Serg, he's usually on of our best playoff performers. He earns his checks in May and not December and it's a constant battle to remember that on my end
Serge may also see that as a wake-up call.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
I'm like 10% hoping this is happening. I'm not down on Serg as much as it's like whenever he has one of those nights where he makes mistakes he knows better than to make, I feel like he peaked early and is in the 5th year of a sophomore slump in terms of making brain farts. I want him to stay but it's noticeable already in 2 games how many less mistakes are being made on defense.

Our forwards need to get better already in our zone
Im halfway kidding because of the affect it would have on Kucherov but I also see 8.5M tied up in a defenseman who hasn't been missed for 5 periods. Incredibly small sample size to undermine his efforts here, but when Hedman is out - you notice it. It would take an extended time and a legitimate upgrade being available to even be an idea. As much as I'd like to see 8ergachev cut out the mistakes, I don't think he'll be making them in a non-Tampa sweater.

I can't recall when it was in his career but didn't he sit or was hurt in the past and he came back stronger? I'm hoping he's reviewed tape on himself. He's too relaxed retrieving the puck and goes for the cute or money play instead of the safe play. He ices the puck more than Matt Carle.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Hope everyone has a happy Christmas!

Go BOLTS!!!

U0uEbDa.png

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
A big game ahead of christmas, let's keep doing the good and work on avoding the bad.

I must say that last game showed me that Tampa did know how to handle the other teams rebounds, let's keep doing that because we've not been very good at it at other times.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
WHERE THE f*** IS MACHO MAN SO I CAN FIX HIS POST?!?!?!

Serge needs a wake up call. He looks so bored and disinterested out there. Almost all his plays are apathetic. It really needs someone in the locker room to call him on his bullshit. Because on most nights, he is the guy giving the least amount of effort out there, and its costing us goals against.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Our only hope for the playoffs, IMO, is to rack up points against bad teams while stealing the occasional game from unmotivated good teams. Then come playoff time we just hope Hedman has something saved up and Vasy can figure it out. And then Kuch will just be Kuch.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
As much as I dog Stammer I feel like his passing on the PP has improved a ton.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Wish Hedman or Stammer would just fire bombs from the point on the PP.

GLENN!!!!!!!HEDDY???? SHEARY???

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay

Serge needs a wake up call. He looks so bored and disinterested out there. Almost all his plays are apathetic. It really needs someone in the locker room to call him on his bullshit. Because on most nights, he is the guy giving the least amount of effort out there, and its costing us goals against.

I don't think it's effort. If I did I would mercilessly barrage him every night. I think he has ADD. Speaking as someone who has (thankfully) a minor case of it, I see it in his impulsiveness. He takes a lot of unnecessary risk in hopes of reward

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad