Post-Game Talk: 12/21/17 | Canucks 4 @ Sharks 5 in OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krnuckfan

Oct 11, 2006
After 36 games the Canucks are 2 points ahead of where they were last season. They've scored 9 more goals this season, but given up 8 more.

But but I thought this was supposed to be better than the 100 pt team that made the playoffs???

Yet another season where Benning has attempted to "compete" and has failed miserably. You couldn't do worse if you tried.

Reactions: y2kcanucks

Nomobo

Feb 20, 2015
Victoria
The goaltending is fine and the canucks are doing exactly what they should have done a couple years ago when they could have traded Miller for assets and evaluated what they had in their younger goalies.

Instead they let Miller walk for nothing and are just now evaluating their younger goalies. Two years later. After heading out some contracts.

Derpy derp.

If Miller were marginally better it would still have been asinine to retain him. I can't believe some of you are serious. What does this team need with a 37 year old goalie for Christ sake.

deflection.

Dead horse.

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
Well it sure looks like the honeymoon is over for TG, our new savior is now our current goat coach which is fine by me; I still say that if TG can lead us on a 6 game winning streak despite our injuries (hell I would settle for 3) then I might concede that he is as good as WD (who is STILL being brought up in conversations by some and always in a negative sense). The Cult of Virtanen is naturally outraged that their boy wasn't out in the OT and also naturally Gagner is the focus of almost universal rage despite the fact that in December Virt has 3 points (2 in the last game) and Gagner has 4 (including an OT/GWG). Fans who see Virtanen as some sort of "new Bertuzzi" might note that the only physical thing Jake has done this year is cheapshot an opponent while down 6 goals whereas the "hopelessly soft" Gagner has one fight (to Jake's zero), an event that has almost gone unnoticed in tonight's PGT. Clearly the guy can't win here and you can best believe that there is a legion of potential free agents out there watching this whole circus and vowing to sign anywhere other than Vancouver when they get their chance to sign that big retirement contract. I'm predicting that Jake is traded within two years and you can also believe that we won't be getting a first round pick for him. I'm also predicting that, unless this team gets a lot better in the interim Boeser requests a trade to a US based team once his ELC runs out. Unless, of course, we throw gigantic bags of $$ at him and make him captain which, given the presence of Bo, is unlikely.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
After watching in what was likely Virtanen most effective game of the season, you can understand why the Canucks drafted him sixth overall. I know Jimbo has been savaged on these boards for passing on guys like Ehlers and Nylander. But a kid who's 6'1, 215 pound winger and can skate like that is hard to pass on. And if he ever learns to use his body to shield the puck and drive the net, he'll be virtually unstoppable. That speed is Connor McDavid-like.

Reactions: sting101 and Nomobo

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Well it sure looks like the honeymoon is over for TG, our new savior is now our current goat coach which is fine by me; I still say that if TG can lead us on a 6 game winning streak despite our injuries (hell I would settle for 3) then I might concede that he is as good as WD (who is STILL being brought up in conversations by some and always in a negative sense). The Cult of Virtanen is naturally outraged that their boy wasn't out in the OT and also naturally Gagner is the focus of almost universal rage despite the fact that in December Virt has 3 points (2 in the last game) and Gagner has 4 (including an OT/GWG). Fans who see Virtanen as some sort of "new Bertuzzi" might note that the only physical thing Jake has done this year is cheapshot an opponent while down 6 goals whereas the "hopelessly soft" Gagner has one fight (to Jake's zero), an event that has almost gone unnoticed in tonight's PGT. Clearly the guy can't win here and you can best believe that there is a legion of potential free agents out there watching this whole circus and vowing to sign anywhere other than Vancouver when they get their chance to sign that big retirement contract. I'm predicting that Jake is traded within two years and you can also believe that we won't be getting a first round pick for him. I'm also predicting that, unless this team gets a lot better in the interim Boeser requests a trade to a US based team once his ELC runs out. Unless, of course, we throw gigantic bags of $$ at him and make him captain which, given the presence of Bo, is unlikely.

drugs_are_bad_mmky_by_invadershizzlexd-d30l1iw.jpg

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Goaltending has been the least of our problems this year and was actually better than last year until we've cratered defensively in the last two weeks with Horvat/Sutter/Tanev out of the lineup and are bleeding chances like I've never seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad