GDT: 12/19/13 - 7:30PM EDT - Nashville VS Tampa Bay

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
2nd in the Atlantic again with games at hand.

Now we need the Blues to hold on.

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
Lindback played well tonight. Made the routine saves and made a couple of big saves when we needed him too. I really think he's suited to be a grade A backup. Nice to have him contribute with the win.

Team overall looked great. Some kinks coming up with the PK that has been great most of the season. Hedman was great tonight all over the ice.

This is what I was talking about. Play .500 hockey and hopefully out together a couple of win streaks here and there and before you know it Stamkos is back. Hedman coming back is a gigantic boost already.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
Nice game and I would say one of our best in a while. 5 on 5 we controlled the play nicely and had some good pressure from time to time. The best part was Killorn, Purcell and Panik getting off their droughts and nice to get a win for Lindbäck finally too.

But I'm sure we won just because some of Nashville's players had had the flu. Rite, guise?

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Nice game and I would say one of our best in a while. 5 on 5 we controlled the play nicely and had some good pressure from time to time. The best part was Killorn, Purcell and Panik getting off their droughts and nice to get a win for Lindbäck finally too.

But I'm sure we won just because some of Nashville's players had had the flu. Rite, guise?

Preds fans are far classier than Ducks fans.

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
Is it a coincidence it happened after I changed my prediction strategy?

I think not.

AllAbout813

Oct 8, 2007
Tampa, FL
Very fun game. Hedman looked beastly as everyone else has said. Other guys that really jumped are Tyler Johnson and Filpulla. Both just were workin it.

Tampa Bay Kiwi

Apr 23, 2013
Great overall performance, Lindback stopped everything he could.

Can't think of anyone who had a bad game tonight, mistakes were very limited. My thinking is that without Taormina and Barberio we are a much safer team even if we lose there offensive touch.

Good game, bring on the Canes.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
Lindback played well tonight. Made the routine saves and made a couple of big saves when we needed him too. I really think he's suited to be a grade A backup. Nice to have him contribute with the win.

Team overall looked great. Some kinks coming up with the PK that has been great most of the season. Hedman was great tonight all over the ice.

This is what I was talking about. Play .500 hockey and hopefully out together a couple of win streaks here and there and before you know it Stamkos is back. Hedman coming back is a gigantic boost already.

He can be super good at times, and hair raising yet effective at others. I really wish we could find a way to ever so slightly sedate the guy before games. Just a little too much motion at times, just relax, stay calm, stay big. Got the job done tonight, for sure.

Glide5

Apr 16, 2012
Tampa Bay
Very fun game to be at. A lot of break aways, shots and action. Impressive game. Not as clean as it could have been, but very good none the less.

Hedman played really well for coming back, Cote looked like an NHL'er, I was glad to see the streaky boys (Purcell, Killer, Panik) get some goals, and congrats to Lindback. He is starting to look a little bit calmer in net. He may be getting it all sorted out.

Hopefully they keep the momentum going.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
He can be super good at times, and hair raising yet effective at others. I really wish we could find a way to ever so slightly sedate the guy before games. Just a little too much motion at times, just relax, stay calm, stay big. Got the job done tonight, for sure.

Indeed. He looked cool as a cucumber today. And was actually catching shots and not giving up juicy rebounds. From what I say anyway, I popped in late in the second. Didn't move much, which was awesome.

Frantz Jean says **** you.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Very fun game. Hedman looked beastly as everyone else has said. Other guys that really jumped are Tyler Johnson and Filpulla. Both just were workin it.

Eh Johnson's play is getting a little sloppy from my POV, so much speed, so little control, what he needs to do this summer is get workout plan from MSL. Imagine if Johnson could drive the net with his speed? instead he usually takes it to the perimiter, and he's passing up plenty of shooting chances.

Panik is getting very little mention, yet has been really effective since Cooper has limited his ice time and managing him well the past couple games, smart plays, smart positioning and rarely used in defensive siutations.

Flip is beasting out the last 2 games, similar to the jump he had those first 10 games.

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night
I agree that Johnson has been a little bit sloppy. But that's because he's trying to force the play. Palat is probably not the ideal offensive player on that line, so TJ's trying to do it on his own. Great game overall and nice to see Lindy back on his game recently.

Tampa Bay Kiwi

Apr 23, 2013
I agree that Johnson has been a little bit sloppy. But that's because he's trying to force the play. Palat is probably not the ideal offensive player on that line, so TJ's trying to do it on his own. Great game overall and nice to see Lindy back on his game recently.

In my mind Palat is the type of guy you want playing with 2 skilled guys and being the guy that fetches the puck and adds a little bit of offense. Kind of like what Killorn was doing with Marty and Stammer and what Downie used to do.

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
In my mind Palat is the type of guy you want playing with 2 skilled guys and being the guy that fetches the puck and adds a little bit of offense. Kind of like what Killorn was doing with Marty and Stammer and what Downie used to do.

I agree, but I also love his versatility. His defense means you can slot him pretty much anywhere and he'll be a factor.

The one thing I don't like about his game, and this is an experience thing, but sometimes he makes a risky pass down low in our zone when trying to breakout. I think a lot of that is he's not used to the speed of the game entirely yet, but beyond that one type of mistake, I love his game. He adds another dimension that Downie, and to an extent Killer doesn't have, and that's superb D.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad