GDT: '12/'13 Around the League VII - Blackhawks Cup Winners for 2013!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
So much whining about the refs. Montreal West is right. Refs don't lose you 4 straight games and earn you a sweep from the playoffs. Maybe if their PK didn't run at 70%, they'd have stood a better chance.

kovatroll*

Such a great night. Habs lose, Nucks swept like trash.

Center Ice Scrum*

Aug 20, 2010
The World Wide Web
Leafs need to deliver tomorrow. One thing we've seen so far in the playoffs is that "underdogs" can really bring it and stick it to all the favorites. Minny being the only exception, but I think the goaltending issue put them behind the 8 ball right from the get go.

Let's go down swinging buds. I'll be happy with any result as long as the team shows that they give a ****. :fight:

I Believe

Mar 5, 2011
Toronto
post-19715-Brent-Rambo-gif-thumbs-up-imgu-L3yP.gif

My reaction while checking tonights boxscores.

Penalty Kill Icing*

post-19715-Brent-Rambo-gif-thumbs-up-imgu-L3yP.gif

My reaction while checking tonights boxscores.

LMAO. When I was watching, Habs were leading 2-0, Pens were leading 4-3, even Blue Jays were trailing in their ball game.

When I checked after watching the movie, everything changed lol. :laugh:

Based on this, Should I skip tomorrow's Leafs game too? It was not until the score was 3-1 that I was able to watch that Saturday game. I confess that I have also watched Game 1 and 3 from the start. :help:

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
so...how about them canucks eh.....

fun fact. loungo who was suppose to be our savior and god and how we were about to fail without him. has no wins so far in the playoffs, and has the exact same save percentage as our 24 year old james reimer.

I like reimer as the next guy and no I dont think he's an upper echelon goalie but I do believe he's doing fine for us.

Center Ice Scrum*

Aug 20, 2010
The World Wide Web
so...how about them canucks eh.....

fun fact. loungo who was suppose to be our savior and god and how we were about to fail without him. has no wins so far in the playoffs, and has the exact same save percentage as our 24 year old james reimer.

I like reimer as the next guy and no I dont think he's an upper echelon goalie but I do believe he's doing fine for us.

Hush up LR, haven't you heard? We're not going to make it to the playoffs without a veteran stud ALL STAR future 1st ballot HOF goaltender like Roberto Lolongo. Man, it sure is going to suck being in the lottery again. I wish we had the luxury of having 2 legendary goalies like Schneider and Lolongo to carry us to the promise land in the playoffs :(. :sarcasm:

In all seriousness though, Karma is a *****. Van****ty dicked around with Luongo all season long and he took in the situation like a true professional. It's going to be delightful watching AV and Gillis get axed. :D

EDDIE20*

Nucks out in 4 straight! What could be better?

Add to the fact Gillis can't even give his star goalie away for a backup and you have the makings of a great hockey team for years to come.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
LMAO. When I was watching, Habs were leading 2-0, Pens were leading 4-3, even Blue Jays were trailing in their ball game.

When I checked after watching the movie, everything changed lol. :laugh:

Based on this, Should I skip tomorrow's Leafs game too? It was not until the score was 3-1 that I was able to watch that Saturday game. I confess that I have also watched Game 1 and 3 from the start. :help:

YOU!
no games for you! :laugh:
I don't believe in that stuff. we're going to win!!

on the Habs:
for a team that is always all "Ooh, we are going to use XX as bulletin board fodder, and play better. " why the heck do you keep giving Ottawa all this stuff to make them play better? You called their coach a bug-eyed fat walrus, you tried to beat them up, your coach keeps calling their coach disrespectful and whatever....

Do you NOT THINK all of that is going to be on THEIR Bulletin Board? It's not so much they are smoking you, it's HOW they are smoking you. and goodness knows the Leafs have given up late goals to Ottawa (sigh. Greening). but not when we were leading like that. I can't really comment on the icing, it looked like icing to me.

On the Canucks.
hooo boy. in all honesty, if Gillis somehow doesn't get fired, he's going to need to start getting rid of some of that core, because we've gone through it - Calgary's going through it. It's TIME. you had your chance, and it's gone. and honestly with the nonsense with the goaltenders.... when it was all said and done A:neither one of them helped you, and the way you continuously threw Luongo under the bus.... I've always loved the Sharks, so meh.

Lilou

t-.-t
Oct 29, 2008
Scarborough, ON
Canucks and Slabs - whiniest organizations in hockey from management to the players. Looks good on them. Hope the fans feel like s--- right now.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
I've said this before, cuz living out west I see him play, but Marleau doesn't get enough respect.

Marleau scored in all four games this series, to give him 56 career playoff goals and 14 game-winners, quieting some of his many critics for some past playoff disappointments.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=422643

He's tougher than given credit for, but it is easy to join a flock and say he's soft.

Morguee

Jan 22, 2010
So, Ahh...who are Canada's goalies for Sochi 2014(assuming we go)Fleury, Price & loungo?:amazed:

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Mood is pretty sombre out here in BC this morning, as might Casey has struck out.

There is no joy in Canuckville. Its a crying shame really. !!

Vancouver could use a starting goalie, as the two they have couldn't get it done when it counted.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Mood is pretty sombre out here in BC this morning, as might Casey has struck out.

Vancouver could use a starting goalie, as the two they have couldn't get it done when it counted.

Maybe we should start a poll.

When will AV be fired?
Will Gillis join him?

What goaltender will the new GM trade?

ToMaLe

Sep 24, 2002
Saskatchewan
I know all the fan bases sees the hab fans (and team) as the whiniest in the NHL but OMG they even out did themselves after this last game....every thread, refs refs refs, blab blab blab, refs refs refs, blab blab blab....because GOD forbid another team is just simply better then them.......and of course everyone is just laughing at them whine...Im lovin it!

Penalty Kill Icing*

You really think Canucks lost because of goaltending? Esp. Game 1 and 2?

Its the offense that is the problem, but is tied with goaltending too, because on any given night; at least 5 million cap hit is sitting idle on the bench.

Penalty Kill Icing*

And... Anderson is not even a Vezina finalist.

I thought he deserved a shot. It is not his fault he got injured. He played well whenever given a call.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
You really think Canucks lost because of goaltending? Esp. Game 1 and 2?

Its the offense that is the problem, but is tied with goaltending too, because on any given night; at least 5 million cap hit is sitting idle on the bench.

IIRC TSN was saying that last night's game is the first time the Canucks scored more than 2 goals against the Sharks this season (playoffs and regular season)

Not going to win many games scoring just 2 goals per game

I can taste the Canuck's tears, and they are delicious ... I'm hoping Montreal follows suit soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad