'12/'13 Around the League VI - Playoffs!!!

• Thread starter Penalty Kill Icing*
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Reaper

Men of Mayhem
Dec 29, 2010
Canada
If Jets win tomorrow and take 3rd place, would the Caps take 8th, sending Sens to 9th place? Caps do have the tie breaker on the Sens

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Jets have the tiebreaker on the Sens as well

Ottawa will neede at least 1 more win, possibly 2 depending on the Peg/Caps result tomorrow. I don't see them getting it, they're schedule is real tough.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
this is going to be tough...
have the jets beaten the caps at all this season? it seems like they haven't.

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
I don't care who it is, I don't like either. I'm not sure who to pick between the two though. Sens have a game in hand, but playing Washington and Boston in 2 of their last three games won't be easy, especially if they don't pick it up. Jets have the Caps as well, but a struggling Montreal to boot. Can go either way, so I voted the Sens just to give them another vote.

Penalty Kill Icing*

^ Didn't read the article but must post this here:

1297406869252_ORIGINAL.jpg

:laugh:

Penalty Kill Icing*

Don't read that article, head straight out to the comment section. Its gold. :laugh:

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
Quite frankly I hate both teams, but I would MUCH rather prefer Ottawa makes the playoffs, first of all Jets fans are the most arrogant and classless on HF, it pisses me off just hearing from them,

also the Jets are benefiting from playing in such a weak division, Ottawa has been battling injuries all year and it's amazing they are even in the playoffs with the injuries they have had

the whole battle of Ontario thing is also much more intriguing if we ever do face them

Chain Attack

Aug 15, 2006
Quite frankly I hate both teams, but I would MUCH rather prefer Ottawa makes the playoffs, first of all Jets fans are the most arrogant and classless on HF, it pisses me off just hearing from them,

also the Jets are benefiting from playing in such a weak division, Ottawa has been battling injuries all year and it's amazing they are even in the playoffs with the injuries they have had

the whole battle of Ontario thing is also much more intriguing if we ever do face them

That's the beauty of it. They worked hard all year to overcome injuries and now their cinderella story could be ruined by a late season collapse. :tvhappy:

Bravid Nonahan

carlylol = القسوة
Mar 22, 2009
أو&#1585
I hope Ottawa makes it. Winnipeg has easily the dumbest, cockiest fans on this entire board. I hope they don't make it in because of ROW, so we can laugh at them for giving upt that 4-1 lead to us about a month ago.

Cappayne

Mar 20, 2011
I like that it's those 2 teams fighting for the last spot. As long as one of them misses the playoffs I'll be satisfied.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
I'd rather the Sens make it.

They earned respect, begrudgingly, from me this season.

Jets fans have made it very difficult for me to want that team to be successful. 9th place is a great place for them to be.

MaskedSonja

Feb 3, 2007
Formerly Tinalera
A very strong possiblity that the Sens/Jets season (and who gets in) may come down the Sens/Bruins game (looking more and more realistic).

For fans of both franchises that game is going to have high anxiety-possibly approaching Leaf fans watching the Isles/NJ game on the last game of the season when Leafs lost out-either way one of those fanbases is going to be crushed emotionally.

Chain Attack

Aug 15, 2006
I hope Ottawa makes it. Winnipeg has easily the dumbest, cockiest fans on this entire board. I hope they don't make it in because of ROW, so we can laugh at them for giving upt that 4-1 lead to us about a month ago.

I don't think they'll make that correlation unless we drop to eight and troll them about it. Out of the current teams fighting for a playoff spot only Washington can eliminate Winnipeg with ROW. They can do it with an overtime win tonight, but that would take the sting out of it. For optimal ROW heartbreak you'd have to cheer for a Jets win in the shootout tonight, and then let the cards fall where they may.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
I'd like to see both in.

Not sure is possible, but be nice for Canada to have better odds.

Grudgingly, acknowledge the Canucks are looking good.

Canada to have better odds? Personally, why should I care if any other Canadian team wins the Cup? Would they if we did? No. There would be millions of reasons why we didn't deserve to win blah blah. Ottawa and Winnipeg can both rot in 9th and 10th for all I care.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad