Post-Game Talk: #12 - 11/06/21 | RANGERS @ flames | 10:00 - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
I still believe GG has been given his vets the chance to prove their game works, but that grace period has to be close to coming to an end. Calgary let the rangers play a wide open game and they got shut out. The rangers do not have the skill to make an E W style of hockey work. Maybe GG wants the players to see this for himself so they can accept the fact that they need to play a more N S style if they actually want to compete. Also, with Strome on the team GG really doesn't have a major piece to the puzzle to the team playing Gallant style hockey. Strome is pretty much the antichrist to N S hockey, and to make things worse for him Panarin has come down to earth, for his standards, completely exposing Strome for the liability he is out there when Panarin isn't in god mode.
Right now the inmates are running the asylum and it's just absolutely terrible

Last edited:

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
sometimes things just have to get worse before they get better. I don't think anybody's unaware of the fact that we're averaging 20 shots a game, barely scoring, getting blown away by good teams, our top prospects aren't scoring, and our top players aren't dictating play (except Kreider <3).

We're way worse than the sum of our parts right now. This team has potentially phenomenal upside. A bad start to the season doesn't change that. The problems are between the ears. Everywhere.

Drury comes in on a wave of speech about 'fixing the culture'. Yet, the players say they've always been tight-knit, have fun together, etc. All summer we hear--brought up by the man himself--how the Rangers need/want a captain. They made it an issue, publicly, got everyone talking and asking, still couldn't name one? Two top ten picks have requested trades. Georgiev requests a trade. DeAngelo gets yeeted. Buchnevich gets moved and that ruffles feathers. Zuccarello, Fast, Henrik all have bad divorces. Two top picks floundering. Fox, Kreider, Zibanejad take team-friendly deals to stay long term.

It's a really weird bag of completely non-hockey issues.

Most of those issues scream reactionary responses to problems or perceived issues. Intelligent overview and long term planning are lacking.

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
Right now the inmates are running me asylum and it's just absolutely terrible

Sure but the line between the inmates and the brass in this asylum is murky to say the least. Hard to tell who is who, maybe they are all inmates and happy as long as they collect fat paychecks.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
I wouldn't be so sure about that. Pretty sure Panarin came out or it was reported he didn't want to play with Kakko.

Over the summer I mentioned when I was with someone in the organization (and players) he told me the top 3 most disliked guys on the team.
1. Gauthier
2. Georgiev
3. Kakko

Was very surprised to hear that. But hearing that and seeing how that line plays together on the ice, something is going on.

Watch the games, they pass plenty to Kakko, if he doesn't soon do something with it they probably wont though. This is just a silly thing someome made up here and everyone declared it true, its not, they pass to Kakko plenty.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
People were posting screenshots of him blocking them too lol
I wonder why. He got basically harassed over the summer when all he did was get traded to the Rangers. I’m sure the same thing happened now.

People on social media are so ridiculous when it comes to the shit they send to professional athletes, let alone when it’s a player getting traded which is out of his control or making an accidental play.

WojtekWolski86

Nov 14, 2019
I thankfully missed this one. Was Igor as bad as the numbers say or was it just a defensive collapse?

He was good the first two periods then was fighting it a little bit in the 3rd but was really left out to dry in general. 2 of the goals he would want back but the game was already out of hand, probably the most frustrated I've seen him here.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
5tb6ga.jpg

WojtekWolski86

Nov 14, 2019

I was opposed to Torts because of his penchant for his way or the highway, esp running Gaborik out town which ended up burning us in the Cup finals.

Buttttttttt he would squash this sense of entitlement our vets are walking around with. Also, im fairly certain Kreider would immediately request a trade. Remember the first time Kreider faced Torts with Vancouvwr and Kreider played like he was possessed as an ultimate middle finger to torts.

Reactions: McSauer and Tob

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
I was opposed to Torts because of his penchant for his way or the highway, esp running Gaborik out town which ended up burning us in the Cup finals.

Buttttttttt he would squash this sense of entitlement our vets are walking around with. Also, im fairly certain Kreider would immediately request a trade. Remember the first time Kreider faced Torts with Vancouvwr and Kreider played like he was possessed as an ultimate middle finger to torts.

We've been relatively spoiled by a strong group of vets over the years. I have to imagine other teams have toiled in these types of locker room dynamics and leadership problems. In my 10ish years as a Rangers fan, this is a first for me. It's very disheartening.

Reactions: Rempe73 and CLW

Blais to Win

Dec 16, 2009
I thankfully missed this one. Was Igor as bad as the numbers say or was it just a defensive collapse?

There were great saves through the second period then weird bounces went in and everything fell apart from the D to his own play.

The combination of bad luck at both ends was too much for this mentally fragile bunch.

Reactions: egelband

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Sure but the line between the inmates and the brass in this asylum is murky to say the least. Hard to tell who is who, maybe they are all inmates and happy as long as they collect fat paychecks.
By saying inmates I was talking about the players. There's no leadership here, nobody steering the ship from a higher level.

wafflepadsave

May 28, 2011
Franklin, Tn
It is fortunate that we don't play Calgary, Edmonton and Florida every game...we would never win a game.

Right now you see the delta between the present elite teams and us. We're not a bad team...but for us to win a cup, the delta is huge. It's good to know this is where we stand and figure out what to do moving forward. At least the problems are visible...
I think most of us knew that except maybe the jackass owner. There was no reason to panic.

Reactions: Rempe73

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
It’s like the three little tug boats (Mika, Panarin, Strome) are pulling the oiler tanker. Disgraceful
Yeah, they're pulling it right towards a reef right under the surface, shipwreck.

Although I don't blame zib as much for what's going on as I do Strome and Panarin

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
We've been relatively spoiled by a strong group of vets over the years. I have to imagine other teams have toiled in these types of locker room dynamics and leadership problems. In my 10ish years as a Rangers fan, this is a first for me. It's very disheartening.
It’s a lot different when the veterans on your team are battle tested, playoff tested guys who know how to be pros and what it takes to win as a team VS guys who have put up good numbers but haven’t had much team success. Talent aside, guys like Hank, Staal, Girardi, McDonagh, Stepan. These guys were playing in the playoffs their whole career and with Hank setting the tone.

It really seems like the void left by Lundqvist as far as leadership has never really been filled. His legendary work ethic and how he was just such a pro on and off the ice, you just knew that everyone else followed his lead. Stuff like that happens organically and it’s hard to manufacture but it is definitely tangible.

Reactions: HatTrick Swayze

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
By saying inmates I was talking about the players. There's no leadership here, nobody steering the ship from a higher level.

I know, I just expanded the metaphor to include management who doesn't seem able to sort out the mess. The players have a gaggle of A's, that is the core vets, then there's the other vets like Nemeth but they are not the drivers of the team. Then there's the kids with their individual situations and careers at stake just trying to progress and grow into the league.

As for Gallant, it does not feel as if he has gotten a grip over the situation at all yet. It feels as if he came in and Drury told him, this is how we are going to do it and he said, "ok". Gallant has experience, he must know the situation in the locker room. He gave the players, the "leaders" of the locker room, a lot of responsibility by giving them the assortment of A's but that only means they can NOT skate by on past performances or star status/size of salary mountain, it means it's on their shoulders to create a team that works for everyone and achieves the team's goal as a TEAM. Not just the A-Team but the entire team.

And while we are kicking upwards, why did Florida go with Zito over Drury? Hm.

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
The whole Panarin and Strome wont pass to kakko is a myth made up by someone here because after it was mentioned i started taking note, its totally not true. The problem with this board is someone says something and then it gets repeated until its fact, but it isn't, it's a lazy way to excuse Kakko for not being good enough.

I was looking too, and guess what Panarin started to pass more in the Edmonton game. It was much better in the Calgary game, definitely something to build on, but before that in Seattle and Vancouver it was obvious. No doubt Gallant had a few points to make after the Vancouver game.

DuneGoon84

Jun 21, 2019
I just dont like this offense. There is no flow to their game what so ever. Panarin is looing for a cutter every time he has the puck offensive zone, unlike last year, there isnt anyone smart enough to anticipate that. It could be the way this coach is coaching the team. As much as we harped on Quinn, he allowed for Panarin enough offensive freedom to make those crazy cross ice passes to his defensemen. What I noticed too is that GG wont allow Panarin any time during empty net situations.

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

Daves a mess

Jan 8, 2014
This squad needs 2 years of Patrice Bergeron. Shitty attitudes will get fixed in the lockeroom. I'm a dinosaur. I like the leaders who play and carry themselves like every game is going to battle. Not a brohugs, selfiefest at a night club.

Let's stop blaming the coach. Feels a bit lazy to me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad