GDT: 12/1/15 "Blue Finns" - Panthers VS Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Nashville is so good. And so good at home. They got it back together again today flat out dominating ARZ. Toughest game of the year so far coming on Thursday, I'd say.

Nope, they always play Nashville well. In Columbus is the harder game. Second of a b2b with the backup.

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
Nope, they always play Nashville well. In Columbus is the harder game. Second of a b2b with the backup.

Lost both to them last year. Split the season before but they weren't good then. Not the same team. I think last year is the only solid comparable. We play Columbus poorly but I don't have too much faith in beating Nashville at home.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
great win, most complete game of the season. we created an above average amount of scoring chances which was nice to see. got screwed by the refs but still played really well. very encouraging. need to win the next two.

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
I honestly never expected to win this one. Especially, after that lifeless 1st Period by both teams. However, we scored the first two goals and unlike other games, never sat back.

I hate to agree with Potvin, but that might have been the best game they've played as a "team" all season. You can tell that the boys are ecstatic as we are about the rare 3-game winning streak.

As batting1k said on Twitter, the Cats are 8-2-3 with Brickley in the lineup. Gallant can never send this guy down again or scratch him unless he truly deserves it.

I am a bit nervous about the next two games though. From my memory, I don't think we've had a great history with Nashville. I'm guessing the game will be low-scoring and when we score 3 or more goals, we succeed. We lost to Columbus in both games last season, so we'll see what happens on Friday. I'd probably be fine winning only one of the games and four out of five.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
I am a bit nervous about the next two games though. From my memory, I don't think we've had a great history with Nashville. We lost to Columbus in both games last season, so we'll see what happens on Friday.

The past has nothing to do with this team (unless you are superstitious). If they play the way they did today they have a shot at winning both games. Even with Kuli and Bjugs out we looked great tonight.

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
Florida Panthers: Destroying hockey since 1993...

Perfect road game, defense was great (the new D-pairs look very good, Kampfer with a big positive impact. Where do we put Kuli when he gets back...? I was worried when Soup and Mitchell got put together - Mitchell cannot hold a puck in the O-zone for christ's sake and zero physicality from Soup - but they look just fine).

Bolland his usual self, fortunately didn't cost us.

I really start to feel for Huby. I mean, he just doesn't get a break, this was so not a penalty. But still and as always, he gets his chances and they will go in at some point.

And Guds, please don't shoot so hard so Barky can get out of the O-zone.

EstConf96*

Could not stay awake last night. 3 win game streak, what a time to be alive.

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida
I could have sworn they only won three in a row once last year.

IIRC we won 3 gms ONCE in January and then turned around and lost 5or 6 in a row. I believe we were in a west coast swing.

I'll have to find last yr 6 in 5 thread to check

Very well played game last night the team desperate to do what's needed... Win 5 or 6 in a row to get on track to a playoff 96 point pace. We are up to 89 now.

Coach managed lines very well last night. Good choices depending on zones. Kept bolland harm to a minimum. Thornton I'll say played as well as Thornton can, and that's all you can ask.

Really hoping bjugs injury a minimum.

Last edited:

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
I thought that was our best game of the season last night. I really hope they have turned the corner.

It's amazing the results we get when everyone cares.

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
It wasn't pretty, but I seriously hope this team is starting to understand/clue in that this is how they need to play in order to put some W's on the board. Play to your strengths and be smart/patient with the puck.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
I just want to point out how the shots and scoring chances against plummeted since the d pairs were charged around.

Givememoneyback

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
IIRC we won 3 gms ONCE in January and then turned around and lost 5or 6 in a row. I believe we were in a west coast swing.

I'll have to find last yr 6 in 5 thread to check

Very well played game last night the team desperate to do what's needed... Win 5 or 6 in a row to get on track to a playoff 96 point pace. We are up to 89 now.

Coach managed lines very well last night. Good choices depending on zones. Kept bolland harm to a minimum. Thornton I'll say played as well as Thornton can, and that's all you can ask.

Really hoping bjugs injury a minimum.

Yeah, I remember the Winnipeg blow out being a catalyst in that free fall in January.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
I just want to point out how the shots and scoring chances against plummeted since the d pairs were charged around.

It also appears the D are activating more in the offensive zone and the forwards are being responsible and covering for them. Kampfer has been good since he's been a regular in the lineup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad