GDT: 12/1/15 "Blue Finns" - Panthers VS Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I thought we definitely won the 1st period. We stifled the Blues defensively, and had a good scoring chance or two ourselves. Created enough pressure off the rush to force the Blues defense to give up valuable space in the offensive zone. Our team speed can just wreck teams game plan.

Remember, Hitchcock said we were one of the toughest teams in the league to play against last year.

I'd say in the first, we outplayed the Blues at their own kind of game.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
I thought we definitely won the 1st period. We stifled the Blues defensively, and had a good scoring chance or two ourselves. Created enough pressure off the rush to force the Blues defense to give up valuable space in the offensive zone. Our team speed can just wreck teams game plan.

Remember, Hitchcock said we were one of the toughest teams in the league to play against last year.

I'd say in the first, we outplayed the Blues at their own kind of game.

Definitely. It was a solid game, although I did think we were living on the edge in the 3rd.

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
MacK had a heck of a 2nd. His speed and physical tone is very valuable. His speed on the 2nd goal forced the Blues D to get caught deep in their own end.

Hard to see what Bolland is positively providing to this team. He seems to always take awful penalties. And so slow.

Luo is money again. Barely any rebounds.

Thought Hubby had a good period. Couple scoring chances, and was flying out there, which I don't ever think I've said.

Really shutting down the Blues attempt of playing an east-west game. Honestly playing a perfect road game after 2.

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Definitely. It was a solid game, although I did think we were living on the edge in the 3rd.

The Blues really stepped up their desperation level in the 3rd. Thought it was a great team effort to keep the play in the perimeter. They really jumped on the 50/50 pucks and bobbles. Lots of good blocks on shots that did make their way in, the the ones that reached Luo were swallowed up with no rebounds.

Our biggest problem right now is we can't score on an empty net. :laugh:
Again, almost a perfect road game against a very strong Blues team.

*Really nice to watch Elliot in net for the Blues. I spent the weekend with him one US Thanksgiving when he was with Wisconsin University. My roommate when I was in college is best friends with Bry. Really nice guy, and one of, if not my favourite NHL'er. Would love to see him in FLA.*

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
The Blues really stepped up their desperation level in the 3rd. Thought it was a great team effort to keep the play in the perimeter. They really jumped on the 50/50 pucks and bobbles. Lots of good blocks on shots that did make their way in, the the ones that reached Luo were swallowed up with no rebounds.

Our biggest problem right now is we can't score on an empty net. :laugh:
Again, almost a perfect road game against a very strong Blues team.

*Really nice to watch Elliot in net for the Blues. I spent the weekend with him one US Thanksgiving when he was with Wisconsin University. My roommate when I was in college is best friends with Bry. Really nice guy, and one of, if not my favourite NHL'er. Would love to see him in FLA.*

His time might be up with St. Louis, and the emergence of Allen. I've always liked Elliot. Can't see it happening, as we have Lou though.

Haj

#CatsAreComing
Apr 6, 2003
Arlington, VA
We give Gallant a lot of ****, but he needs to be given credit for moving Pirri up to the first line. Thus far, its given us two scoring lines. He is playing really well.

EstConf96*

We give Gallant a lot of ****, but he needs to be given credit for moving Pirri up to the first line. Thus far, its given us two scoring lines. He is playing really well.

Funny thing is, both me and BigNickBjugstad suggested it on this board before he did. :laugh:

CanadianPantherFan

Cats are Here!
Jun 6, 2004
Calgary
My Leafs friend who knows a ton about hockey watched the game. Good luck charm told him to dump his Leafs.

Brickley was solid all night I felt with energy surplus needed in this lineup. Easily Mitchell's best game of the year. Pirri needs to find new stick company , but I am enjoying that first line.

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
I'd consider this game to be our 2nd best of the season. I still think the Rangers game was our best because of our compete level and drive. Felt like a playoff game.

This game though was a very nice defensive effort. But it seemed St. Louis flubbed a lot of passes that allowed us to take the puck away. And Lu was awesome only getting beat by a deflection.

Also, the refs were terrible. A few skinny calls on us.

-ghoste

barkovcanfinnish

remember to breathe
Sep 22, 2014
Chicago, IL
Olsen has been pretty decent the games he played. Not even gonna fault him on the Backes goal. That shot was gonna miss by 3ft. Just an unlucky bounce.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad