Value of: 11th overall pick

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Just as a basis .. what do you offer Buffalo for 11th OA.

Needs are 3C

Bottom 6 wingers

Top 4 RD

Physical Top 6 winger.

Now obviously the value of these needs are pretty different so adds can be made from either team where needed.

Edit: No Scott Laughton

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Unfortunately, Montreal has nothing that can be spared and of this value, so there’s no match here. Good luck with your search

Reactions: bernmeister

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
Pulock from the Isles, if he's willing to waive his NTC. We'd probably need a decent prospect back as well.

I think the Isles will look to shake up the core a bit this offseason. Pulock, Nelson, Palmieri. Martin and Clutterbuck both gone. Possibly Lee if they can figure out a way to make it work.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Dvorak, easily worth 11th +++, but for this one day only, you'll be able to get him for a 2nd, or a 3rd.

This offer is good for a year.

Jake Evans might be available, who's a much better player, but isn't worth the 11th overall still.

Why top of bottom 6 wingers ? Joel Armia, who wasn't the best recently did well this season and that's with him being sent down to the AHL. Set career highs in goals, big gut who's a menace down low. Again, not worth a whole lot.

Michael Pezzetta - gotta imagine he's gone/they're looking for an upgrade on him. Throws the most hits /60, limited skill. Not the best fighter, but can win some, but he's mostly a punching bag as he goes up against players ahead of his weight class.

In short, Dvorak - hurt a lot, but good on faceoffs, might just need a change of scenery. Evans, very good and underrated in his way, based on the rumours of Boys being worth a first, Evans should be then as he's better than Boyd.

Pezzetta, not worth much. Rights to Brett Murray and a 6th in 2025 ? Not worth much.

Reactions: Jacob582

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Would love for the Habs to acquire #11 to draft Senecke but i don't see anything that they can package together with Peg's 1st to make it worthwhile.

Reactions: pth2

Zach716

Pucks in deep
Nov 24, 2018
Pulock from the Isles, if he's willing to waive his NTC. We'd probably need a decent prospect back as well.

I think the Isles will look to shake up the core a bit this offseason. Pulock, Nelson, Palmieri. Martin and Clutterbuck both gone. Possibly Lee if they can figure out a way to make it work.
It’s hard to see Buffalo willing to be locked into age 33-35 Pulock at 6.1m during the prime of their window with Dahlin, Sammy and Power all locked up long term and Byram needing a new contract soon. Love Pulock but it kills the Sabres flexibility on the backend

Reactions: MagnumForce2

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Untitled2.jpg.jpg

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010

Needs are 3C

Bottom 6 wingers

Top 4 RD

Physical Top 6 winger.

Now obviously the value of these needs are pretty different so adds can be made from either team where needed.

An 11th. overall better be a true 3C with the ability to play key minutes. And with two years term minimum. Bottom 6 wingers? Pass. A tough winger like Evander Kane (who doesn't have the same baggage) would be worth a 1st.

My personal opinion is you package the 1st with another top prospect like Rosen or even Seguin and look for serious quality with the term.

I will tell you one thing, we give up a 1st for a Cody Eakin level guy and I might be done. Let's hope team does its homework.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012

Needs are 3C

Bottom 6 wingers

Top 4 RD

Physical Top 6 winger.

It's hilarious that PHI writers seem to keep pushing this. Like, they watch the guy. They HAVE to know he's not worth anything close to that.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Would love to try and find a way to make something work, but short of the Vancouver pick going back with whatever we're trading, I'm not sure we have something that truly tempts you at this point.

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
Gezz MTL would love that pick ..

Could Mailloux + WPG first + Evans start the talk ?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Needs are 3C

Bottom 6 wingers

Top 4 RD

Physical Top 6 winger.

I'd offer a aggressive quality package. Someone like Ylonen or Farrell could step into your roster now in the bottom 6 and then you get a solid futures package. I'd say Mesar needs one AHL year.

* Jets 1st (24-27 range)

* Mesar (drafted 26th in the 22 draft). I would project him as a Middle 6F. D+2 was very solid this year. Very fast with good play making/vision type. Needs to add some muscle

* Avs 2nd

* Choice from the following (as the NHL piece you could use now): Harris, Ylonen, Farrell.

• Haha
Reactions: jellybeans

EK392000

Mar 9, 2020
Leafs don’t have much to offer but here it goes anyway

Nick Robertson (middle sixer with a great shot, paced for 20 goals last year with 11 minutes TOI)
Timothy Liljegren (#4 RHD, cost controlled, decent defensively, good in transition, decent offensively)
2024 first round pick (I think it’s 23rd overall?)
Rights to Tyler Bertuzzi (as a throw in, I know this has like 7th round pick value)

Or let’s get crazy

John Tavares (50% retention, bonus paid by TOR)
Mitch Marner (50% retention, bonus paid by TOR)
Timothy Liljegren

For

11th overall
Bowen Byram

Ford Prefect

Mar 2, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
I'd offer a aggressive quality package. Someone like Ylonen or Farrell could step into your roster now in the bottom 6 and then you get a solid futures package. I'd say Mesar needs one AHL year.

* Jets 1st (24-27 range)

* Mesar (drafted 26th in the 22 draft). I would project him as a Middle 6F. D+2 was very solid this year. Very fast with good play making/vision type. Needs to add some muscle

* Avs 2nd

* Choice from the following (as the NHL piece you could use now): Harris, Ylonen, Farrell.
You start by stating in bold QUALITY PACKAGE but then offer:
1. A player who won't be resigned;
2. A project 3-4 line tweener;
3. A late first drafted two years ago who has yet to justify his draft status; and
4. A late 1st in a draft where after the top 15, takes a nose dive.

This is the epitome of lots of scraps for a quality piece. Buffalo is bloated with quality prospects, so they don't need MORE futures. I think the OP was offering the pick for something immediate, like an established 3C, top 6 winger, etc. This does nothing to address their needs.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
With the cap structure that the Sabres have going into the next season, how much cap space do they even have to add such players? There's like 12 million in raises on the back end and zero goalies on contract/extensions requirements.

That Skinner contract is major ouch. We can relate with our Huberdeau one.

Ford Prefect

Mar 2, 2002
Montreal
Visit site

Nick Robertson (middle sixer with a great shot, paced for 20 goals last year with 11 minutes TOI)
Timothy Liljegren (#4 RHD, cost controlled, decent defensively, good in transition, decent offensively)
Rights to Tyler Bertuzzi (as a throw in, I know this has like 7th round pick value)

Or let’s get crazy

Timothy Liljegren

For

11th overall
Bowen Byram
Sure, you could offer them. Then realize they have NTCs they wouldn't waive, have the NHL void the deal and then get Ottawaed losing 2 future first rounders for being... unscrupulous. As a fan of Montreal... DO IT!!!

EK392000

Mar 9, 2020
Sure, you could offer them. Then realize they have NTCs they wouldn't waive, have the NHL void the deal and then get Ottawaed losing 2 future first rounders for being... unscrupulous. As a fan of Montreal... DO IT!!!
We can do fantastical things in fantasyland

Sabresruletheschool

Jul 16, 2012

Or let’s get crazy

Timothy Liljegren

For

11th overall
Bowen Byram

You went crazy alright. Give up the 11th and Byram for two one year contracts and Liljegren. And thats IF the would agree to the trade. At least make it so Buffalo would have something to think about.

John Tavares
Mitch Marner
Timothy Liljegren
Toronto first

For

11th overall
Bowan Byram
Jeff Skinner
Buffalo 4th

That would at least give Buffalo something to think about.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad