OT: 119th Obsequious Banter Thread: April Foods Day

April Foods: Which food is/are among your favorite(s)? (Pick up to three)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DayoftheGreek

Dec 10, 2008
TV Nerds: I have an old Panasonic plasma. I want to say its an ST50 (or 60?) about 10 years old. I love it and its been very good to me. How much am I missing compared to one of the new super-LEDs of various abbreviations?

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
TV Nerds: I have an old Panasonic plasma. I want to say its an ST50 (or 60?) about 10 years old. I love it and its been very good to me. How much am I missing compared to one of the new super-LEDs of various abbreviations?

In general, OLEDs will give you better color saturation and deeper blacks. The difference will be marked. Power draw will also go down and less heat produced with it if that matters to you.

Motion generally looks smoother on plasmas. The difference can also be huge here depending on which plasma you have now.

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
Holy shit, the Azores is an incredible place. I've been here for a day and would already absolutely recommend it. Stunning volcanic island beauty.

1000002408.jpg

1000002407.jpg

1000002406.jpg

1000002404.jpg

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
So I'm in Tucson and hiking in Saguaro National Park with my cousin from Italy minding my own business checking out the amazing sights and as I'm walking I hear a rattle and hiss..look down and I was one foot away from stepping on this huge rattlesnake. Neglectful me had on shorts and forgot my snake gaiters! The snake spared me a nssty bite and trip to the ER!

20240425_160508.jpg

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
So I'm in Tucson and hiking in Saguaro National Park with my cousin from Italy minding my own business checking out the amazing sights and as I'm walking I hear a rattle and hiss..look down and I was one foot away from stepping on this huge rattlesnake. Neglectful me had on shorts and forgot my snake gaiters! The snake spared me a nssty bite and trip to the ER!

View attachment 859863
That thing could of definitely ruined your day

• Wow
Reactions: Embiid

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014

View attachment 859863
Absolutely not!

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
So I am walking to work and this lady is walking her dog who had what was the equivalent of a Hannibal Lector mask on its lower part of its mouth
.anyone know what that was?

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
So I am walking to work and this lady is walking her dog who had what was the equivalent of a Hannibal Lector mask on its lower part of its mouth
.anyone know what that was?
Was it a muzzle? My sister had a velcro one she had to keep her one dog in for a while, until they put her (the dog!) on puppy prozac.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

View attachment 859863

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad