Toronto
I did this for us.

CdIrTZY.png
Why can't this be real :cry:

Major4Boarding

Unfamiliar Moderator
Jan 30, 2009
South of Heaven
The problem for me (with the coaching) is that it took this portion of the season to finally bring it to the top for me. To come out and say what I’ve been wanting to say for quite awhile.

Coop is not an X’s and O’s guy. It’s painfully obvious now, that he is a basics plus talent management/therapist behind the bench.

And it’s fully exposed now, as the layers of the onion have been peeled away with each assistant coach departing over the last six years.

As stated above, with Derek Lalonde leaving, we got to the core of the problem. And it irks me to no end that Coop lobbied to have his buddy brought in here when although I’m not a Wings fan I do watch enough to realize that SFY was extremely generous and letting him stay around behind their bench as long as he f***ing did

The dude (Blashill) is just not bringing any coaching value to this, at all.

And Coop just confirmed everything I just posted above with his press conference right now… that he’s letting the room sort it out. There’ve been enough instances so far this season for them to sort this f***ing shit out. And they don’t.

You have to, as a coach, a manager, a leader, as your fiduciary responsibility, to get a f***ing handle on this shit and you don’t, or at least too stubborn enough not to.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
The problem for me (with the coaching) is that it took this portion of the season to finally bring it to the top for me. To come out and say what I’ve been wanting to say for quite awhile.

Coop is not an X’s and O’s guy. It’s painfully obvious now, that he is a basics plus talent management/therapist behind the bench.

And it’s fully exposed now, as the layers of the onion have been peeled away with each assistant coach departing over the last six years.

As stated, above with Derek Lalonde, leaving, we got to the core of the problem. And it irks me to no end that coop lobby to have his buddy brought in here when although I’m not a wings fan I do watch enough to realize that SFY was extremely generous and letting him stay around behind their bench as long as he f***ing dead

The dude is just not bringing any coaching value to this at all.

And Coop just confirmed everything I just posted above with his press conference right now… that he’s letting the room sort it out. There’ve been enough instances so far this season for them to sort this f***ing shit out. And they don’t.

You have to, as a coach, a manager, a leader, as your fiduciary responsibility, to get a f***ing handle on this shit and you don’t, or at least too stubborn enough not to.
UY0ymN4.png

Ducati Boy

HF Original
Feb 7, 2018
What bothers me is 4 goals in 3 games, despite carrying the play, creating more pressure, and high danger chances but we’re not converting.

Then, one mental lapse and the puck is in the back of our net.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
I think this is understated. They should've held on to Maroon, imo.
I'd throw McD on that list of leaders as well.
McDonagh, no doubt. Sometimes I forget he was a former captain. A luxury for us.

I'm not trying to bash guys like Glendening or Sheary or De Haan, or Motte either. Glendening has played 700+ nhl games, and de Haan's almost up to 600. There's a certain level of respect there when veterans of that many seasons/games walk in. I don't know if those guys have a voice in the room yet. I'm not there. But if they do it's certainly new. It's different. They just haven't been with this core of players through the battles over the years. Perry and Maroon weren't either, but it just seemed like they didn't need to find their way to getting comfortable here in that kind of role. Maybe it's their personalities. Everybody hated playing against Perry through 2 finals. I cheered so hard when Savard put in into the boards. But they all tried to lure him over here as soon as they could. That speaks to something.

Reactions: Bozo Nicholson

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
We don't need scoring, we need better defense (and to make cap space). Getting rid of Cirelli would be dumb.

JBB needs to find a way to ship Stammer.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay

As stated above, with Derek Lalonde leaving, we got to the core of the problem. And it irks me to no end that Coop lobbied to have his buddy brought in here when although I’m not a Wings fan I do watch enough to realize that SFY was extremely generous and letting him stay around behind their bench as long as he f***ing did

The dude (Blashill) is just not bringing any coaching value to this, at all.

Letting the room sort it out is absolutely the right move. But we need better coaching. I'm not on the fire Cooper wagon. Dude is a near GOAT. But his buddy probably needs to go

Powerplay17

Feb 13, 2018
Tampa
McDonagh, no doubt. Sometimes I forget he was a former captain. A luxury for us.

I'm not trying to bash guys like Glendening or Sheary or De Haan, or Motte either. Glendening has played 700+ nhl games, and de Haan's almost up to 600. There's a certain level of respect there when veterans of that many seasons/games walk in. I don't know if those guys have a voice in the room yet. I'm not there. But if they do it's certainly new. It's different. They just haven't been with this core of players through the battles over the years. Perry and Maroon weren't either, but it just seemed like they didn't need to find their way to getting comfortable here in that kind of role. Maybe it's their personalities. Everybody hated playing against Perry through 2 finals. I cheered so hard when Savard put in into the boards. But they all tried to lure him over here as soon as they could. That speaks to something.
All true. I don’t fault those guys at all. It’s on Coop, JBB and the so-called leaders who’ve been here for years.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018

Maybe they knew Perry is a good time at a party?

Major4Boarding

Unfamiliar Moderator
Jan 30, 2009
South of Heaven
You have players out there that are either shitting the bed or doing dumbass things and no accountability. I said it last year about accountability. That’s on coaching.

These guys are saving face by saying that it’s not a structure thing. Bull f***ing shit! This is a structure thing. Because you’ve got players that have little to no confidence or you’ve got players that do stupid shit and then keep repeatedly doing stupid shit over and over and over and over and over.

That’s on coaching… or maybe they are right. Maybe it’s not structure. Because there is no f***ing structure.

I see 3-4 players going after one guy with the puck. You know what we used to call in travel (club) soccer when I played? f***ing Swarm ball. You can find out how to do that on page 6 of “How to Coach Soccer for Dummies”.

I see a certain player, no names - just a number (cough 43 cough) who’s had his back turned and puck watching when he’s (allegedly) defending. I’ve also seen him takeoff from the near boards at least 6 times this past month and haul ass all the way over to the far corner boards when the puck carrier is already covered by his defensive partner.

That’s a prime example of dumbass decisions.

Reactions: Tampa22

Major4Boarding

Unfamiliar Moderator
Jan 30, 2009
South of Heaven
Letting the room sort it out is absolutely the right move. But we need better coaching. I'm not on the fire Cooper wagon. Dude is a near GOAT. But his buddy probably needs to go
Normally I would agree with you, brother. But in this case, the answers are not coming from in that room. If they had a perfect opportunity to do that, it would’ve been tonight like I said up thread.

That door should’ve been locked and Stammer (very politely) said it in his interview, but he alluded to it with everything that he said - that that should’ve been a player-only moment

Powerplay17

Feb 13, 2018
Tampa
I'd almost move Hedman before Serg.
With all due respect to Hedman who has been a warrior here for so long, I’d move him at the deadline for the right package, As for Serge, I’ll take some stick tape and a bag of pucks. This is exactly what I’ve been saying since last year, this team has turned into the Pens and Hawks. Hung on to guys for too long for things they did in the past.

Reactions: ultra63

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Normally I would agree with you, brother. But in this case, the answers are not coming from in that room. If they had a perfect opportunity to do that, it would’ve been tonight like I said up thread.

That door should’ve been locked and Stammer (very politely) said it in his interview, but he alluded to it with everything that he said - that that should’ve been a player-only moment
What happened!?

Major4Boarding

Unfamiliar Moderator
Jan 30, 2009
South of Heaven
What happened!?
If you’re legitimately asking… The fact that they arguably played their second, or maybe their best period of hockey so far this season. Then completely crater the final two periods. Then the coup de grace with Jarry’s goal.

I mean, maybe I’m old-school, or maybe too old-school but that’s an every player in the room, coaches out - media out, shut the door and lock it moment. Especially how this season has been going and definitely the last three games.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
If you’re legitimately asking… The fact that they arguably played their second, or maybe their best period of hockey so far this season. Then completely crater the final two periods. Then the coup de grace with Jarry’s goal.

I mean, maybe I’m old-school, or maybe too old-school but that’s an every player in the room, coaches out - media out, shut the door and lock it moment. Especially how this season has been going and definitely the last three games.
I'm referring to why the door should have been locked during the players meeting. Did someone barge in or leave?

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
I mean I'm sure the Sharks are worse, but not the loftiest of comparisons.
Sharks are worse but the path JBB is on is the same one the Sharks too a number of years ago.
This team trying their damnedest to get me to convert to the Church of Byrd.
I do not like having the opinion I do. But the very issues I have been pointing to for few years now have progressed. It started with the 1 year extension of Point then he turned around and did the same with Cirelli, Cernak and Sergi this inflated their term contracts. He could have saved at least 4 mil per these decisions alone. I got my bad rep wanting to trade Cirelli then but folks are coming around now to that. JBB has went too far down the path now to keep a window open. And sure there are two cups but he has an inked young core with no cap and no draft picks to make any move. There are many here that were just too optimistic to see the issues coming tunnel vision is a thing. Currently we ice a scoring starved team that on occasion will put up 7 or 8 one someone but then go on streaks scoring 3 or fewer which is an issue with the D now iced. Special team is in shambles and our hopes were on ABB Shery and Jeannot to make huge strides. There is nothing in the AHL remotely close to being NHL player and the few that remain are 3rd 4 line tweeners. It is going to be ugly for a good number of years 8 to 10 likely. Heck at my age I doubt I will be on this side of the grass before they are cup competitive again.

Reactions: ultra63

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad