GDT: 11/30/23 - 7:00PM EDT - Pittsburgh vs Tampa Bay

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Oh here comes the fire Cooper and blame the GM nonsense. The model franchise of the NHL over the past 5+ years, probably the most spoiled fan base in the league. Yet some of these goblins still find something to whine about.

I don't see 4 metro teams being ahead of us by seasons end. Making it to the playoffs alone, given all the changes, would be an impressive feat and a testament to the current front office.

This team is absolutely good enough to do some damage again once they find their game.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Oh here comes the fire Cooper and blame the GM nonsense. The model franchise of the NHL over the past 5+ years, probably the most spoiled fan base in the league. Yet some of these goblins still find something to whine about.

I don't see 4 metro teams being ahead of us by seasons end. Making it to the playoffs alone, given all the changes, would be an impressive feat and a testament to the current front office.

This team is absolutely good enough to do some damage again once they find their game.
This is exactly it

It's not good right now. Like this is legitimately bad. We all agree on it. But completely blowing shit up now is the worst possible solution to what is likely a short term problem. We might need to make a trade or fire an assistant.

DMB06

Jun 3, 2015
The team looked like crap for most of last season, especially the second half, lost in the first round of the playoffs, and now have looked like crap this entire season. Optimism is great and all but it doesn't change reality, this is a mediocre to bad team until they prove otherwise.

I'm not complaining about it, it was inevitable. We lost too much depth in recent years and desperately needed some young guys in our system to step up and that hasn't happened. I don't see much changing as the season progresses, we just don't have the players we once did.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018

You just been blocked by Byrd and Todd. To them any form of rationale is shot down because they want to team to fail. Winning and being competitive isn't entertaining to some people. Being miserable and hate watching the team is better. The struggle and draft are better than W's. We can all be critical about decisions and choices that have been made, but there is a real difference with some posters here. Some are so staunch in that they are right that it makes the boards feel like a Facebook group.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
There seems to be this assumption that there was some magical set of moves that could've been done if we just jettisoned a bunch of guys for cap, when odds are we would be even crappier as a result. It's not like players better than Cirelli, Sergachev, and Cernak are being dangled around for us to scoop up, and it's not like hanging on to McD, Killorn, and Palat until they fall apart would lead to much better results either. And if you think the difference is signing like Tatar instead of Sheary I dunno man. We're just between a rock and a hard place no matter what decisions you make. We just need some of these second tier players to play like we know they can.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad