GDT: 11/29/13 - 4:00PM EDT - Pittsburgh VS Tampa Bay

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Didn't like Barbs play tonight, cracked under pressure multiple times.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Fleury has been sharp but the Pitt D, without Martin, is definitely not one of the best in the league. No reason to flip out but Stevie Y may be thinking about targeting another shooting forward soon.

Can't see it. With Kucherov looking like he belongs in the NHL, I think we ride this out and get contributions where we can get them. Otherwise, we'd have roster issues when Stamkos gets back.

We're just gonna have to lose some games while hopefully winning enough of them to hang in there. The east is only getting tighter though.

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night
Holy over-reaction batman. I certainly hope SFY isn't as reactionary as you.

Not a reaction to this game at all. Said it before the season began, because even with Stamkos we have at least 3 or 4 guys in our top 6 who seem to prefer to pass (Marty, Filp, Teddy etc). It'd likely help Stamkos down the stretch and in the post-season.

Maybe Kucherov will be enough to change that, not convinced yet.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Didn't like Barbs play tonight, cracked under pressure multiple times.

Agreed. Only person on the team who really played poorly in my opinion. Some weren't super effective (Marty again) but Barbs didn't look good.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Hedman wasn't all that great either but you can't expect brilliance every night.

I thought he looked really good, actually. Any offense we generated normally started from him. The fluke goal notwithstanding, I thought he played an excellent game.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I thought they played fine but they just couldn't score. I hate the pens though. Always have our number.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Why did Craig Adams get a game misconduct at the end of the game?

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
cooper looked as pissed as me as he exited as soon as clock struck.

We played well enough to win NO EXCUSES. I could care less that stamkos is out. Trying to be real here. We have to learn to win these and beat boston and Pittsburgh.

I am VERY HAPPY WITH THE GAME. I am not happy with final result. This is one we had in our grasp. For people to blame someone BLAME THE VETS. Not the kids. The vets had theirs too. Those are the ones that have to make games like this happen. I dont just mean the forwards. Salo Carle St Louis Fippula Hedman Purcell.

They need to start leading by example in these types of games this will make the kids get some. Is very hard to watch again when the bottom three are getting the most opportunities yet top line got plenty but was another kid doing the work. Purcell had some nice looks marty not so much brown amazing kucherov amazing panik a couple mistakes barbs the same and sustr. Yet we played well enough to win and their leaders beat us.

So I am ok with this just disappointed we let it slip away.

So good job bolts but expect more especially by those I named. The kids are there every day. The vets need to score more goals. The back end needs to score more goals too.

It will come we are ahead of what I expected:) We are very close very very close:)

Coach Jon Cooper, "I like the fact that our team is pissed-off about the loss today."

Last edited:

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
But this was such a dramatic drop off after his 2g, 1a performance. He really needs to come roaring back:sarcasm:

No, it really wasn't. He broke up multiple plays with his stick, was in great position and led multiple rushes.

The goal was super unlucky, but **** like that always happens against the Pens.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
He was our best player tonight IMO

Agreed. Pittsburgh just looked slightly better than us out there, plus a few lucky bounces and us missing Gudas and Stamkos, I'm not disappointed. We need somebody to bury a few of these. IMO, Panik, Barberio, St.Louis, and Killorn were the weakest tonight.

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night
No, it really wasn't. He broke up multiple plays with his stick, was in great position and led multiple rushes.

The goal was super unlucky, but **** like that always happens against the Pens.

Sorry if my sarcasm didn't come off but I was strictly pulling your leg there. My original post was my actual feeling of it, he was pretty good but not brilliant like the game before. You can't totally dominate every single game. His improvement overall since the first few games this season has been great.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
How was MSL tonight?

Pretty poor I thought. He didn't make any glaring mistakes, but offensively he had a few give aways and didn't really set up any scoring chances. I noticed him a couple of times in front of the net being mugged and trying to do something but was pretty benign the entire night.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
I doin't think we played all that bad we just didn't get the bounces going our way and this is a team you need to get some puck luck to beat.

Was there, met with Stryfe, got hammered, now home. Good night HF.

Tampa Bay Kiwi

Apr 23, 2013
Agreed. Pittsburgh just looked slightly better than us out there, plus a few lucky bounces and us missing Gudas and Stamkos, I'm not disappointed. We need somebody to bury a few of these. IMO, Panik, Barberio, St.Louis, and Killorn were the weakest tonight.

I'm so confused as to how Killorn can go from our hardest working forward to being so ineffective and getting into penalty trouble every game.

I can almost see a scenario where Panik gets sent down once Stammers back and Killorn is demoted to the 3rd line.

I'm one of the few people here that really doesn't think Barberio should be playing as much as he is. If only he was waiver exempt

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad