GDT: 11/22/13 - 10:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Anaheim

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Overall we didn't play bad. Too many defensive issues but the offense was getting their chances for sure. Bishop was the only reason we got a point and even that last one didn't go in without Panik's help.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Well that hurts.

On the bright side, the Bish is back.

And Mark Barberio played an excellent game tonight. He was probably our best defenseman, maybe for the second straight game.

Steve Yzerman

A New Season Begins
Mar 11, 2013
Mississauga
I expect some strong practices from Cooper. The defensive side needs to improve for sure. Not just the defense, the entire defensive unit concept has started to slow down.

Steve Yzerman

A New Season Begins
Mar 11, 2013
Mississauga
Also, remember tonight is a back-to-back game. When you take that into account, they played really well tonight. In some of the Boucher b2b games, the team was just too tired for the second game, and barely showed up.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Overall we didn't play bad. Too many defensive issues but the offense was getting their chances for sure. Bishop was the only reason we got a point and even that last one didn't go in without Panik's help.

our top line played like doo doo so yes we played bad. If our top line gets it together we compete with anyone and we win this game

marty got cute the 5 hole was a mile wide if he just pushed it in that was a goal.

happy we stole a point happy with third and fourth line and flip

happy with some of defense way too many mistakes cute easy passes instead of taking time getting out of zone etc..

the rest man get it together lead this team. WAKE UP

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I thought Marty played well vs. SJ last night, but tonight he was absolutely invisible until overtime. I'm starting to wonder if, in reality, we're going to have to go through the bulk of the season without our TWO best players.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
I thought Marty played well vs. SJ last night, but tonight he was absolutely invisible until overtime. I'm starting to wonder if, in reality, we're going to have to go through the bulk of the season without our TWO best players.

hes off his game I was sure he saw that 5 hole and the game was over its marty lol

just kinda speechless there but he is being pushed off puck not stealing as well as usual not knowing if still having a lingering issue or what.

That top line needs to mesh soon. Or gonna be a long season honestly. We are soo much better than this.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
hes off his game I was sure he saw that 5 hole and the game was over its marty lol

just kinda speechless there but he is being pushed off puck not stealing as well as usual not knowing if still having a lingering issue or what.

That top line needs to mesh soon. Or gonna be a long season honestly. We are soo much better than this.

I don't fault a guy for where he places his shot in a split second situation. If he beats Hiller there, no one's saying anything. The problem is he's just getting knocked off the puck and barely touching it to begin with.

We've become very much a team that plays on the periphery. Teddy Purcelly FINALLY made a play where he took the puck down the middle near the end. I wish he would do that more often.

Glide5

Apr 16, 2012
Tampa Bay
Well a bad ending to a hell of a game. It wasn't clean or pretty, but it was some of the most intense hockey I have seen in years.

We have a lot of work to do. We looked sloppy and all over the place for sections of the game. But on a good note, Bishop iplayed like an all-star. Barbs looked pretty good as well.

I said we would go 1-3 this trip. I was close. I dont know how we turn it around without Stamkos though.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
The offense needs to come, in a bad way. I've never seen a team not finish so much in my life. Don't give me the "we faced a hot goalie" deal either. We've apparently been facing hot goalies for the past 3 or 4 games now. Good teams find a way around them.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
The offense needs to come, in a bad way. I've never seen a team not finish so much in my life. Don't give me the "we faced a hot goalie" deal either. We've apparently been facing hot goalies for the past 3 or 4 games now. Good teams find a way around them.

Agreed. This makes, I believe, 12 goals in the 6 games since Stamkos's injury. And 5 of those came in one game. Stamkos used to suck up a lot of attention from the other teams' top defensive pairing, which I think helped out our secondary scoring.

One thing that doesn't help? Tyler Johnson is getting pretty close to the most snakebit player I've ever seen.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Agreed. This makes, I believe, 12 goals in the 6 games since Stamkos's injury. And 5 of those came in one game. Stamkos used to suck up a lot of attention from the other teams' top defensive pairing, which I think helped out our secondary scoring.

One thing that doesn't help? Tyler Johnson is getting pretty close to the most snakebit player I've ever seen.

Wish he knew how to deke, shots at high speed are extremely hard to control and most of his chances are at top speed, there's a reason he can't pick those corners well.

Yzlamic Preacher*

Well ****, on Monday I will go there and cheer as hard as I can. Hopefully when they get home and they can get their **** together.

bminucci

Nov 7, 2010
Santa Ana, CA
Ducks fan here. I was at the game tonight. I didn't realize how huge Bishop is until I saw him tonight with my own eyes rather than a TV. I swear the ice girls come out during TV time out and skate near him and they looked like Frodo vs Gandolf. He helped make that game one of the best games I have seen in a while. Hats off to a wonderful performance.

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
Ugh. Sorry guys I went to sleep after the second period because I had to get up extremely early today. Another loss on me :/

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Bishop was unreal. Wow. He's got to be one of the best goalies in the league on breakaways. Un****ingreal. Too bad it feels like we give up 5 or more breakaways per game. Most of the Ducks' scoring chances were results of Lightning giveaways or our inability to clear the puck. And 0/6 on the PP? Yeah, not good enough.

Am I the only one thinking we should give Thompson more minutes? The guy plays what 10 to 11 minutes per game but everytime he enters the offensive zone he creates a scoring opportunity. I don't get why Cooper doesn't seem to see it.

What happened to Gudas? Is he injured?

Precaution, see post 270.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad