GDT: 11/19/13 - 10:30PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Los Angeles

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Agreed. Seems like every time the forwards throw it back he is somewhere else. 1 or 2 times and I'd say it's a bad pass but every time it has to be Salo.

I thought you were just talking in general.

Yeah, it's been a rough night for Salo.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Anyways, good chatting with you guys during the game for once. I'll have to try and do it more.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
I thought you were just talking in general.

Yeah, it's been a rough night for Salo.

In general I feel he's been meh. I'll see him make a really smart play in the defensive zone and then next shift let an easy puck by him in the offensive zone. Tonight was especially bad though.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
So do we think Hedman is going to remain a fixture on the #1PP now? How did he look?

FDfranklin

Jan 21, 2013
We are starting to look exactly like the same team as last season except without Stamkos scoring a ridiculous amount of goals.

I am pretty scared that we drop off really fast.

We will win 0 games if we play the way we did last night even against the worst teams.

Also, when is the last fight we had? Didn't seem to be any energy or anyone sticking up for each other last night.

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
We are starting to look exactly like the same team as last season except without Stamkos scoring a ridiculous amount of goals.

I am pretty scared that we drop off really fast.

We will win 0 games if we play the way we did last night even against the worst teams.

Also, when is the last fight we had? Didn't seem to be any energy or anyone sticking up for each other last night.

Malone and Crombeen both fought in games prior to the road trip.

Labrie needs to be waived and see if he makes it to Syracuse again. He's **** on a nun worthless in the NHL atm.

Connolly has been shafted in his times up here in the NHL imo. 1st time up he couldn't be sent to the AHL so he got **** minutes in a role he's not designed for. 2nd time up it's like, "Here, center a top line minus the best goal scorer in the league since 2010! Never mind that your last time at center was when you were 15-16, make it work!"

He was a ****ing trainwreck last night. Bad decisions with the puck, bad decisions without it, bad penalty in the offensive zone, soft as hell turnovers to lead to 2 goals + his penalty which led to another. He's drowning as a Center. If we want him as a center, he needs to play some more of it in the AHL first.

Korobov >>> Aulie. Limited minutes, performed exactly as I expected. He made a couple good medium difficulty plays in the 1st period, then didn't make any errors that stood out.

2MinutesforGiraffing

angelsil on safari
Apr 2, 2013
Tampa

With Labrie in the line-up, I expected more grit. We can't even goon effectively. When you're down 4-0 and giving up dumb penalties, what's to lose? The Kings were running over Marty and nobody was sticking up for him.

Yeah, I saw a lot of flashbacks to last season in the Phoenix and Kings games.

:help:

FDfranklin

Jan 21, 2013
Team sucked yesterday, I don't understand why they don't shoot more.

2 shots in the 2nd period is unacceptable

They weren't able to effectively get across the blue line. The kings were forcing them to dump and chase but the bolts weren't winning any of the battles against the boards to retrieve the puck. This led to no real good shooting opportunities.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
Everything that's been said so far is true.

What's positive I guess is that Marty looked like Marty.

Connolly didn't play well. Neither did anyone else really. 2 shots in the second period? That is ridiculous. I'll give credit to the Kings, they definitely blocked up the shooting and passing lanes. They clogged the net area, and were aggressive on the forecheck.

Which leads me to my next point, is that this team needs to learn how to shake a forechecker. Every. Single. Time. A forechecker comes, the person with the puck ***** their pants and panics, and makes a stupid play.

We looked good in the first maybe 10 minutes of the game, and maybe the last 5 minutes. ****** bounces, great play from the Kings, and no legs from us lost us this game..

Korobov looked ok; as ok you can look in a game like that. No glaring errors that I can recall; matter of fact, he really impressed me with one play where the puck was quick off his stick to keep it in the zone (in what little zone time we had).

Just a ******, ****** game.

FDfranklin

Jan 21, 2013
Everything that's been said so far is true.

What's positive I guess is that Marty looked like Marty.

Connolly didn't play well. Neither did anyone else really. 2 shots in the second period? That is ridiculous. I'll give credit to the Kings, they definitely blocked up the shooting and passing lanes. They clogged the net area, and were aggressive on the forecheck.

Which leads me to my next point, is that this team needs to learn how to shake a forechecker. Every. Single. Time. A forechecker comes, the person with the puck ***** their pants and panics, and makes a stupid play.

We looked good in the first maybe 10 minutes of the game, and maybe the last 5 minutes. ****** bounces, great play from the Kings, and no legs from us lost us this game..

Korobov looked ok; as ok you can look in a game like that. No glaring errors that I can recall; matter of fact, he really impressed me with one play where the puck was quick off his stick to keep it in the zone (in what little zone time we had).

Just a ******, ****** game.

We did look good to start the game, any momentum we had was killed by taking stupid penalties. Coop needs to discipline the boys better than that.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
I thought Hedman was about the only bright spot of that game.

I thought the gun line was fine. Rest of team blah.

Will say I said this and going to say it again. We will not play like st louis game every game and that is what we need consistency on this road trip. We dont have it right now so we will look very bad worse than we are:(

Is a process they are learning. Will work itself out. Even if we bomb this month we will bounce back next month cause of lack of competition easier schedule etc.. We are far from in trouble.

We are playing the best of the teams in NHL so far. We can expect some hiccups along the way:)

I think we are fine. I dont like korobov in line up over sustr at all that is for sure. Sustr has been amazing even on top line.

Bishop can get a game off give lindback a shot to prove himself in san jose.

We do have to cut down on bad penalties. They really hurt us last two games.

If we can get a overtime loss/win and a win in next two this is a good trip. I expect us to bounce back. Just got to play tougher and smarter. Get some bounces and get the penalties falling our way.

We had one take away yesterday that is just wow. Worst of year. We have to be better. We are ahead of schedule by a ton why said didnt feel this was a cup team even with stamkos this is a process and kids got to learn:)

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
So do we think Hedman is going to remain a fixture on the #1PP now? How did he look?
I think so. He just passed Carle in points. He looked good last night, and he got us on the board twice with a good pass to Filppula and a goal for himself. Whether it's a hot streak or Hedman is finally putting it together offensively, I'd stick with him for now.
Carle with only 22 seconds of PP time. What's up with that?

How did Korobov look?
Coop was testing out a lot of different players on the pp. Carle just wasn't apart of any of the combos.

Korobov didn't play a lot but when I did see him he looked ok. He wasn't very noticeable, nothing really sticks out from last night. He was paired with Gudas a good amount.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009

If anyone hasn't noticed thus far, this is one of the main reason Boston always beats us, they're super aggressive on the forecheck, teams that give us space are the ones that we dominate. I consider Brad Marchand one of the biggest Lightning killers even if he doesn't rack up the points, he's god damn annoying on the forecheck and at applying pressure in the defensive zone because he's so quick.

Filppula is probably the only person on the team I trust to make a good move on a checker, everyone else kinda just paniks and flops a pass/shot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad