Post-Game Talk: 11/18/17 | Blues 4 @ Canucks 3 | OTL

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
What..? How could you possibly hate Eriksson more than Gudbranson, Sbisa, Bartkowski, and Vey among others? Salary?

Um yeah. Have you ever seen less impact for 6 million dollars a year from a player?

Now get your head around 4 more years and 60 games of it...all the while taking the place of a young player in the line up while he is untradeable and buy out proof. His passive game, inability to bury any scoring chances...and the lost dopey look on his face and goofy hair sticking out of his helmut doesn't help either!

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
Um yeah. Have you ever seen less impact for 6 million dollars a year from a player?

Now get your head around 4 more years and 60 games of it...all the while taking the place of a young player in the line up while he is untradeable and buy out proof. His passive game, inability to bury any scoring chances...and the lost dopey look on his face and goofy hair sticking out of his helmut doesn't help either!

The biggest kick in the crotch of this whole situation.

I in the Eye

Drop a ball it falls
Dec 14, 2002

That he wasn't exposed in the expansion draft is a head shaker...

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
I think I said this already but it's funny that Cam Atkinson's freshly signed contract, which doesn't start until next year at age-29, is still less AAV than we gave to 31-year-old Loui Eriksson two years ago, coming off a similar recent track record of production.

That is without even getting into the buyout-proof, NMC details.

Last edited:

thepoeticgoblin

Dec 16, 2011
Sweden
A lot of Loui-bashing going on. I get it. The contract was and is horrible (as most UFA-signings turn out to be in the cap era). But let’s not pretend like he hasn’t been good since he returned from injury.

And what kid should be playing instead of him? I guess Goldy, but he could just as well take the spot from Dorsett, Sutter, Gagner etc. Also, we refuse to commit to a full scale rebuild so it would never have had happened regardless.

That contract is untradeable however. Bad Benning.

Reactions: Pastor Of Muppetz

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Gotta beat the Blues. But they are regular season stars so i guess anything can happen. Such an unlikeable team of overrated disappearing acts

4-2 Canucks goals ALL by Baertchi Horvat and Boeser

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
A lot of Loui-bashing going on. I get it. The contract was and is horrible (as most UFA-signings turn out to be in the cap era). But let’s not pretend like he hasn’t been good since he returned from injury.

And what kid should be playing instead of him? I guess Goldy, but he could just as well take the spot from Dorsett, Sutter, Gagner etc. Also, we refuse to commit to a full scale rebuild so it would never have had happened regardless.

That contract is untradeable however. Bad Benning.

There will be PLENTY of young players that should play ahead of Eriksson over the next 4 1/2 years.

Even now, Goldobin could probably chalk up 2 assists with pp time for 5 mil more available on our salary cap.

The good play you are referring to has resulted in his usual no goals. He doesn't bring anything physically. So we are paying 6 million for a penalty killer?

I agree most UFA signings don't work, but 36 million for this player is about as bad as it gets. Keep in mind, this is the first 18 months of the deal. What do you think the last 3 years of the deal are going to look like and bring this team?

Talk about a guy who should feel guilty cashing his pay cheque.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
Eriksson is still a better NHL player than Granlund. Sutter, Dorsett, Burmistrov and Gagner.

At this point I obviously hate how much money and term we've committed to him but if we want kids to play over other guys there's definitely other places I'd look (not to mention it'd be easier to move the aforementioned players). Eriksson at 3M or so is probably a useful asset on a third line and this sentiment that he isn't even an NHL player is getting kinda ridiculous. And with Hansen and Burrows gone, he's probably the best defensive forward on the entire team.

I hate the contract, and if I'm given any opportunity to move him I'm taking it, but he's not the worst guy to have in the lineup.

Last edited:

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
Not gonna happen.

The only guys benched will be Gaunce, Virtanen, Burmistrov, and Biega. Kids and guys stereotyped as fringe players. There is zero accountability for 'established' players.

Same as last year when the team finished in 29th place but the only established player to be healthy scratched all year was Baertschi once in November, and it's very generous to call him established.

This is so naive. I agree that, on merit, thus far Gagner should be in the press box. But that's not how the NHL works. You don't sign guys to 3+million for 3 years and then healthy scratch them 20 games into the year.
Please point to a time where this has happened.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
This is so naive. I agree that, on merit, thus far Gagner should be in the press box. But that's not how the NHL works. You don't sign guys to 3+million for 3 years and then healthy scratch them 20 games into the year.

Connor Murphy was just healthy scratched 4 games into his Blackhawks career (on a 6 year/$24 million deal) after being the main piece back in the Hjalmarsson deal.

Matt Beleskey was scratched barely over a year into his 5-year deal with Boston.

Jannik Hansen was healthy scratched after being a pretty significant pickup by SJ.

And even if that 'isn't the way it is', it damned well should be. Especially on a team that's just finished in 28th and 29th place. These guys haven't earned shit.

Reactions: Krnuckfan and Peen

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC

Vadim Shipachyov

Reactions: MS

member 105785

Gotta beat the Blues. But they are regular season stars so i guess anything can happen. Such an unlikeable team of overrated disappearing acts

4-2 Canucks goals ALL by Baertchi Horvat and Boeser

^ supports Canucks, calls Blues regular season all stars, unlikeable team of overrated disappearing acts

Reactions: LetsGoBLUES91

BassMason

Dec 1, 2006
I think the Canucks come out and play one of their best games of the season. If that's enough to beat The Blues I don't know.

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
Well...what Nucks team is showing up tonight? I hope you're right BassMason, but I'm skeptical.

Hope I'm wrong. Go Nucks!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad