GDT: 11/11/23 - 7:00PM EDT - Carolina vs Tampa Bay

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
This team officially stinks.
I don’t think they can make the playoffs they definitely suck more then they have In many years

Their goalie came in with a .833 save % and is shutting us out.

I don't want to say anything knee jerk again but it is looking more systemic in nature than just poor play.

We basically laid down. Again. Not sure what the fix is...but a shake up is needed. What's our goal diff since Jan 1st? ANyone?
Lol 😂 the goalie that played for our own AHL team shutting us out

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
The team really hasn't done anything good all game. It's sad to see. Now if I thought a game like this would be a wake-up call then maybe I could see this as ok but we all know that the team won't learn from it, at least nothing more than something that would last.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Maybe sit Stammer or Point for a game? Bring up some AHL guys that work hard at least?

Maybe thats too extreme.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Their goalie came in with a .833 save % and is shutting us out.

I don't want to say anything knee jerk again but it is looking more systemic in nature than just poor play.

We basically laid down. Again. Not sure what the fix is...but a shake up is needed. What's our goal diff since Jan 1st? ANyone?
Can we trade for him we need a goalie!

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
After what happened in the last game I wanted to see the response. That's why I liked our 1st period. We showed some life, some want. Everybody's pissed off, and sometimes that's not a bad thing playing a little angry. Whatever gets you going. But right now we've checked out once again. :shakehead This team use to be the King of responding after losses. Not sure what's happened to us.

DMB06

Jun 3, 2015
Vasy being out complicates things. Does the front office view his absence as the main problem, or do they recognize the team just isn't very good in general? Do we wait for him to return to see if that turns things around? It might be too late at that point. JBB has some tough decisions to make. The defense needs an upgrade and we need depth. Only way for that to happen is to trade a forward, Stammer is the obvious choice but if he doesn't waive he's not going anywhere. We might just have to accept that the team is going to suck this year and see what we can put together in the offseason.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Vasy being out complicates things. Does the front office view his absence as the main problem, or do they recognize the team just isn't very good in general? Do we wait for him to return to see if that turns things around? It might be too late at that point. JBB has some tough decisions to make. The defense needs an upgrade and we need depth. Only way for that to happen is to trade a forward, Stammer is the obvious choice but if he doesn't waive he's not going anywhere. We might just have to accept that the team is going to suck this year and see what we can put together in the offseason.
Difficult to not view the team as just bad right now but it's also a little bit difficult to know if a change at all would be worth it because we simply don't know what vasi will be like when he is back and not only that would changes made even help enough for when he does come back. It's also probably just difficult to make a significant enough move at all. Feels like a mess right now but hopefully things get better?

Reactions: Rschmitz

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Tonight was another disappointment. There's some games we've played that have been frustrating to watch, but games like tonight just make me more worried than angry. I look back on the 2019-2020 season and the Bolts started off 6-5-2. They were also trying to learn a new system and that was going poorly. There's some similarities there of a team just struggling to get it's act together and get out of it's own way. The Bolts were able to use the Sweden trip to reset and change the trajectory of their season. I'm still waiting for the 2024 Bolts to find that game or that moment that can help propel them. Maybe that's Vasy returning and it becomes a rallying cry. But that's still a few weeks away. Something's gotta give. We can't take this groundhogs day stuff.

Bozo Nicholson

5 Alarm Fire™
Jun 6, 2015
Tonight was another disappointment. There's some games we've played that have been frustrating to watch, but games like tonight just make me more worried than angry. I look back on the 2019-2020 season and the Bolts started off 6-5-2. They were also trying to learn a new system and that was going poorly. There's some similarities there of a team just struggling to get it's act together and get out of it's own way. The Bolts were able to use the Sweden trip to reset and change the trajectory of their season. I'm still waiting for the 2024 Bolts to find that game or that moment that can help propel them. Maybe that's Vasy returning and it becomes a rallying cry. But that's still a few weeks away. Something's gotta give. We can't take this groundhogs day stuff.
Tonight we saw the groundhog’s ass.

• Haha
Reactions: CupsOverCash

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad