GDT: 11/11/23 - 7:00PM EDT - Carolina vs Tampa Bay

OffBy1

Aug 5, 2021
I was traveling and going to watch the replay of the game, but accidentally saw the score and "settled" for the lowlights. I think it showed maybe 3 or 4 scoring chances for the Lightning all game.

TheFurryPickle

Mar 9, 2019
Tonight was another disappointment. There's some games we've played that have been frustrating to watch, but games like tonight just make me more worried than angry. I look back on the 2019-2020 season and the Bolts started off 6-5-2. They were also trying to learn a new system and that was going poorly. There's some similarities there of a team just struggling to get it's act together and get out of it's own way. The Bolts were able to use the Sweden trip to reset and change the trajectory of their season. I'm still waiting for the 2024 Bolts to find that game or that moment that can help propel them. Maybe that's Vasy returning and it becomes a rallying cry. But that's still a few weeks away. Something's gotta give. We can't take this groundhogs day stuff.
Personally I dont mind -- with that said. The guys have to be hungry again, the newer players have to push our 2 cup winning vets again so soon. It wouldnt worry me too much if the hunger isnt there atm -- even to make play offs. But, with a bit of adversity and the need to make the playoffs approaching -- the hunger can come back.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Way too dependent on Kucherov. I remember when Point could create stuff too

When? Everytime Kucherov is out he's under a ppg, his weakness was on display tonight, he's great at opening up space and creating for himself but terrible for his linemates, and he holds onto the puck for too long.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I've felt like crap on and off the last 2 weeks. It's possible the guys were too. I was going to go to this game and thankfully something came up. That would've been really disappointing

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
This team is just completely devoid of offense without Kucherov and that's not a good thing when you can't defend at all. We were just completely outskated and outworked by a team on a back to back. Felt like it was 6 vs. 5 the whole game.

Something needs to change because this isn't it. Maybe it wasn't the wisest thing to change our style when one of our most important players was missing the first two months. Goaltending isn't even sinking us. Johansson has played as well as you could expect from a guy who had already signed in Sweden before we came calling.

It's just depressing watching this team right now. We're almost a quarter way through the season and there's no improvement from the first game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad