10th Place in the East - Don't worry! Get your popcorn ready

pcanuck

Jun 6, 2011
Edmonton
The Jets have a 3-4-1 record or 10th in the Eastern conference. 24 goals for, 32 against. Okay ... so our defence sucks. It's okay, don't panic.

This is all a part of the plan. See the big picture! This is a long term thing. It's a process.

We ARE the new look Jets. Say it out loud, it feels good! We needed to make sure the jerseys and logo looked good or people wouldn't buy it. We had to make sure that the NHL Jets channel could supply crazed fans with games (for only $10 a month) because they couldn't get tickets. A rookie GM and rookie coach will go through some growing pains. That's all it is - we are the next Nashville. Draft and develop. Don't worry. We're like the Oakland Athletics - you know moneyball.

It might take 4-5 years to get some good players who can help this club. For instance, Scheifele has only two years of seasoning since he's been drafted. He's going to be great - a true 1st line centre. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise and don't worry, he will meet our expectations and more. We were also so lucky to select Trouba last year. Those other teams were foolish for not selecting such a highly ranked defenceman. With only 3 years of eligibility left at the U of Michigan, I'm sure he won't use it all. There is NO WAY he'll want to graduate and become a free agent like U of Wisconsin star Schultz. And hey, we're signing quality NHL free agents to change the culture of losing for our AHL and NHL teams. This is a process. We need to be patient.

Until then, we'll resign the current lot of players we have for 4-5 years as stop gaps. Okay, maybe they aren't the best but it's tough to recruit to a hockey crazed city and the loudest rink in the NHL!!! This year, maybe RFA Bogo, Burmi, Little and Wheeler can get paid. Maybe we can resign Hainsey at a discounted price. Don't worry though, reinforcements are on the way.

Season ticket holders - don't worry! By the time you are resigning your new 5 year contract, we should be as good as Nashville.

But really - Does everyone have their new jersey? I do! Jets channel? (Well, here in Edmonton I have Centre Ice). Hat? Check, THREE and and even a scarf! It's cold here in Edmonton. I needed the license plate covers too. Sorry got off track...

But until then, don't worry - what did Terrell Owens say? "Get your popcorn ready!" It might be a little cold but hey, come on - we're used to it being cold.

mzappa

Jets fans in space
Jun 27, 2011
always wondered about that. $50 for all NHL CentreIce/Gamecenter all year, but $10 a month ($40) just for the local feed, while Edm/Cal/Van get most their games free on Sportsnet West already. Guess thats the price we pay for our market and there is nothing that can be done....

meh, the NHL is back! (wonder how long that sentiment lasts)

10 bucks a month is too much to watch this horse ****
Especially when others get it for free

Prot

Sep 21, 2011
While I can't be Mr. Ra-rah-shish-boom-ba about this team, I won't get too negative either.

Any of us from a certain era that were adults when the Jets left know the pain first hand. And knowing that pain, I have to admit, I would rather have a Nashville than nothing. Sad? Perhaps, but I'm being honest. :)

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba
While I can't be Mr. Ra-rah-shish-boom-ba about this team, I won't get too negative either.

Any of us from a certain era that were adults when the Jets left know the pain first hand. And knowing that pain, I have to admit, I would rather have a Nashville than nothing. Sad? Perhaps, but I'm being honest. :)

for christ sake i'd rather have, pheonix, or florida, or hell even columbus then nothing!

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Absolutely! Jesus, I'll ***** and moan about this team to high heaven, but I'm a fan and I love having them here no matter how much they suck. I'll keep watching and hoping no matter what!

broinwhyteridge

Jun 27, 2011
Fire Maurice
The Jets have a 3-4-1 record or 10th in the Eastern conference. 24 goals for, 32 against. Okay ... so our defence sucks. It's okay, don't panic.

This is all a part of the plan. See the big picture! This is a long term thing. It's a process.

We ARE the new look Jets. Say it out loud, it feels good! We needed to make sure the jerseys and logo looked good or people wouldn't buy it. We had to make sure that the NHL Jets channel could supply crazed fans with games (for only $10 a month) because they couldn't get tickets. A rookie GM and rookie coach will go through some growing pains. That's all it is - we are the next Nashville. Draft and develop. Don't worry. We're like the Oakland Athletics - you know moneyball.

It might take 4-5 years to get some good players who can help this club. For instance, Scheifele has only two years of seasoning since he's been drafted. He's going to be great - a true 1st line centre. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise and don't worry, he will meet our expectations and more. We were also so lucky to select Trouba last year. Those other teams were foolish for not selecting such a highly ranked defenceman. With only 3 years of eligibility left at the U of Michigan, I'm sure he won't use it all. There is NO WAY he'll want to graduate and become a free agent like U of Wisconsin star Schultz. And hey, we're signing quality NHL free agents to change the culture of losing for our AHL and NHL teams. This is a process. We need to be patient.

Until then, we'll resign the current lot of players we have for 4-5 years as stop gaps. Okay, maybe they aren't the best but it's tough to recruit to a hockey crazed city and the loudest rink in the NHL!!! This year, maybe RFA Bogo, Burmi, Little and Wheeler can get paid. Maybe we can resign Hainsey at a discounted price. Don't worry though, reinforcements are on the way.

Season ticket holders - don't worry! By the time you are resigning your new 5 year contract, we should be as good as Nashville.

But really - Does everyone have their new jersey? I do! Jets channel? (Well, here in Edmonton I have Centre Ice). Hat? Check, THREE and and even a scarf! It's cold here in Edmonton. I needed the license plate covers too. Sorry got off track...

But until then, don't worry - what did Terrell Owens say? "Get your popcorn ready!" It might be a little cold but hey, come on - we're used to it being cold.
baghdad+bob+for+obama.jpg

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg

This. Over and Over.

There are some posters who just post the sky is falling stuff over and over. I don't mind reading it, because honestly I find it really entertaining. But isn't it exhausting being negative about everything all the time? I couldn't do it.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
This. Over and Over.

There are some posters who just post the sky is falling stuff over and over. I don't mind reading it, because honestly I find it really entertaining. But isn't it exhausting being negative about everything all the time? I couldn't do it.

As Colby Cosh said about being an Oilers fan: "On bandwagon for life; reserve right to ***** about the ride." :)

Aerial

Oct 14, 2011
Sigh...

JACOB TROUBA IS NOT ELIGIBLE FOR THE NCAA LOOPHOLE.

Can we tattoo this on someone's forehead and have them walk around Winnipeg for awhile please?

Anyway, other than that... I guess the sarcasm confuses me because everything else you said is basically the truth. This is a process. I'm not frustrated by that, that's just reality. I mean, Chevy can't force solutions to stuff like the D issue, although it's very safe to assume he's looking for them. Obviously I want the Jets to be better than they were the last few games, but I also expect it will take several years to see what this team becomes. That's fine, there will be lots of fun to be had along the ride.

Crazed Fan

Jul 9, 2011
Winnipeg
On any given night, the Jets can beat any team. They just have to want it. They have some great players with the right tools but it boils down to consistency and discipline. Learning the hard way seems to be what defines a Jets team.(1.0 or 2.0)
Rooting for the underdog will bring its share of Losses, but it will also make it that much sweeter when they inevitably overcome all this adversity and hoist that Cup.

jiho

Apr 30, 2012
On any given night, the Jets can beat any team. They just have to want it. They have some great players with the right tools but it boils down to consistency and discipline. Learning the hard way seems to be what defines a Jets team.(1.0 or 2.0)
Rooting for the underdog will bring its share of Losses, but it will also make it that much sweeter when they inevitably overcome all this adversity and hoist that Cup.

I have been very optomistic on the Jets making the playoffs this year. I really liked the off season acquistions of Jokinen and Ponikarovsky. I thought Scheifele would make the team and contribute. Noel's second year and comments about setting the bar with higher expectations for everyone. I thought Perry Pearn was a great addition to help with the defence. BUT this last 3 game road trip was VERY concerning the way they played. It seems this team is just not grasping how to play defence. They MUST get two wins against Toronto and Florida at home this week as these are teams the have to beat if they are going to make the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad