Prospect Info: #107 Alfons Malmstrom (D)

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
looks like they're just going for guys with good skating and vision and hoping something sticks

not the worst plan

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Have been reading about this draft for months, and literally have never seen this name before today.

Was at least somewhat familiar with all of Cholowski, Smith, and Hronek.

I love these off the radar Hakan picks, though. Surprisingly good size for a Hakan pick? Kid is listed at 6'2" and 190 lbs.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
The Wings didn't have a third-round pick, but at 107th overall, they drafted 6-foot-2, 190-pound Swedish defenseman Alfons Malmstrom. Andersson called him “a Mattias Ekholm-type player, a big defensive defenseman. He's mobile. He's still growing and I think he's closing in on 6-foot-4. He played junior in Sweden and he was in camp with the men's team in April and the coach said he was our best defenseman.

“He was mean. He was blocking shots. He was doing everything you want to hear about a guy like that. So that's what we think we have there.â€

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/n...etroit-red-wings-draft-givani-smith/86374390/

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
This guy went pretty early and he is completely unknown. He's a Hakan pick

I'm pretty sure this guy will play in the nhl

hot dog

Mar 20, 2013
This guy went pretty early and he is completely unknown. He's a Hakan pick

I'm pretty sure this guy will play in the nhl

I love that we are more confident in guys we've never heard of because of Hakkan than any other late round fliers. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad