Prospect Info: #105 , Anton Johansson 2022 Draft

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
They also suggest he's, pretty timid and has gap control issues.
That sounds a bit too much like ChoLOL, was that based on his U20 play or SHL?

I'm hoping he gains confidence and some physicality once he fills out his body like Elmer did.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
SHL makes more sense for next year. First establish a top-4 and results will follow. Since he was drafted from Europe i believe, he don't need to be signed until 2026. So, patience.
Sounds good. With Tuomisto seeming to drop off a bit we need a top 4 RHD and at this point Johansson may be next man up.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Looking at our prospect pool, I see THW list Johansson as our #25 prospect and it sounds like he has played a decent number of games in the SHL. Does anyone have a feel for when he may come over to play in North America? 6'4" right handed D could look nice next to Edvinsson but I have no idea how AJ is trending.

I’m guessing 3 years SHL then over to GR for a year or two. There’s no rush to sign him.

I get a feeling that the wings will be paying a lot of attention to this kid. Good sized frame, very good mobility for how tall he is, pretty good stickhandler too. His IQ and shot/pass selection could use fine tuning but there is a lot of potential with this puck.

GoBoltz56

Brisebois 1st Rounder
Jul 31, 2004
Tampa and Michigan
He's still raw. I was hoping for more offense from him at the J20 level this year. He'll definitely need more time in Sweden. At least a year, probably 2.

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing
With Tuomisto seeming to drop off a bit
Tuomisto haven't set the sky on fire but he's having a good year in Liiga, 2 games left of the regular season and he's 4th in all rookie scoring. Technically tied in 3rd place with Lenni Hämeenaho, but Hämeenaho has 4 goals more than Tuomisto. And Tuomisto is also highest scoring d-man in his team, tied again with Kivihalme 5+15. 2nd highest TOI in the team as well 20:05.

Kronwall also visited in Finland few weeks ago and was on ice with Tuomisto. Interesting to see if Red Wings sign him this summer, i think he's rights are about to expire. If they do sign him, Tuomisto should also stay in Europe.

Reactions: Stony Curtis

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Looking at our prospect pool, I see THW list Johansson as our #25 prospect and it sounds like he has played a decent number of games in the SHL. Does anyone have a feel for when he may come over to play in North America? 6'4" right handed D could look nice next to Edvinsson but I have no idea how AJ is trending.
He’s very, very raw. Think Wallinder +1-2 years. Minimum 2 more years in sweden imo, maybe even 3.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Tuomisto haven't set the sky on fire but he's having a good year in Liiga, 2 games left of the regular season and he's 4th in all rookie scoring. Technically tied in 3rd place with Lenni Hämeenaho, but Hämeenaho has 4 goals more than Tuomisto. And Tuomisto is also highest scoring d-man in his team, tied again with Kivihalme 5+15. 2nd highest TOI in the team as well 20:05.

Kronwall also visited in Finland few weeks ago and was on ice with Tuomisto. Interesting to see if Red Wings sign him this summer, i think he's rights are about to expire. If they do sign him, Tuomisto should also stay in Europe.
How many of those rookeis are his age? I know him and Hameenaho are like 4 years apart.

I don't really put much stock in Tuomisto at this point in time. I was surprised to see they even bothered sending Kronwall over there.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Just had his 1st SHL Goal and Point!
office.gif

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
What a strange shot, with his weight transfer going backwards lol.

Even off balance and off his back foot that was a decent blast.

Good for him. I hope he can be a regular next season so we get a better look at his game.

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing
How many of those rookeis are his age? I know him and Hameenaho are like 4 years apart.
TOP-10
1. Huuhtanen, F, 2003, 47 games, 29 points
2. O.Kapanen, F, 2003, 53 g, 27 p
3. Hämeenaho, F, 2004, 49 g, 20 p
4. Tuomisto, D, 2001, 58 g, 20 p
5. Viirret, D, 2003, 39 g, 15 p
6. Nyman, F, 2004, 29 g, 14 p
7. Mäkiaho, F, 2001, 38 g, 13 p
8. Laakso, D, 2004, 32 g, 11 p
9. Helenius, F, 2006, 32 g, 10p
10. Teissala, F, 2001, 34 g, 10 p

2001 or older with more than 25 games played.
13. Reini, D, 2000, 44 g, 8 p
16. Okany, F, 2001, 34 g, 7 p
18. Riihinen, D, 2001, 49 g, 6 p
19. K.Nieminen, F, 2001, 41 g, 6 p
21. Heikkala, F, 1999, 38 g, 6 p
26. Koskinen, F, 2000, 27 g, 3 p
29. Aarnio, D, 2000, 50 g, 2 p
33. Luhanka, D, 1999, 28 g, 2 p
35. V.Nieminen, F, 2001, 25 g, 2 p

Liiga U22 stats
Elite Prospects - Liiga Stats 2022-2023

Last edited:

Chad Smiley

Oct 9, 2020
You look at this prospect list and there isn't so much to be excited about. There isn't one surefire star on the entire list. Haven't made the playoffs since 2016 and that list is our reward. This organization is years away from contending for a cup.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
You look at this prospect list and there isn't so much to be excited about. There isn't one surefire star on the entire list. Haven't made the playoffs since 2016 and that list is our reward. This organization is years away from contending for a cup.
There’s arguably not a surefire star prospect in the world.

Reactions: NotSmart42

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Yes, the days of lineups littered with sure fire HHoFers ended when the salary cap was implemented. Welcome to the 2020s my dude.

haulinbass

Mar 6, 2014

Yeah but that's about to change now that we endured this crappy year and are awarded drafting in the top 4 in a great draft. Oh wait, I forgot we signed a bunch of UFAs that everyone here is always begging for every summer because they always work out so great. So instead we are competing for the playoffs this year. Oh wait, that isn't happening either. Oh I think we are just gonna draft a bunch of Points and Kucherovs later in the draft, yeah that's the plan I think. Don't worry bro, we will sign some more UFAs. I heard depth teams produce the best powerplays anyway. Don't need elite players for a top PP in this league. It will all be fine. Main thing is tanking for superstars is not aloud here. Because a couple teams like the St Louis Blues over the last 30 years won a cup without top 3 picks on their roster.

AlwaysSunnyInDetroit

Oct 1, 2021
Yeah but that's about to change now that we endured this crappy year and are awarded drafting in the top 4 in a great draft. Oh wait, I forgot we signed a bunch of UFAs that everyone here is always begging for every summer because they always work out so great. So instead we are competing for the playoffs this year. Oh wait, that isn't happening either. Oh I think we are just gonna draft a bunch of Points and Kucherovs later in the draft, yeah that's the plan I think. Don't worry bro, we will sign some more UFAs. I heard depth teams produce the best powerplays anyway. Don't need elite players for a top PP in this league. It will all be fine. Main thing is tanking for superstars is not aloud here. Because a couple teams like the St Louis Blues over the last 30 years won a cup without top 3 picks on their roster.
your sarcasm game is trash 🗑 🗑 🗑

Reactions: NotSmart42

jfrank21

Oct 1, 2009
Edvinsson is .5ppg as a rookie defenseman in the AHL, Wallinder is the top u21 player in ppg in the SHL, Kasper is 4th and hes only 18, Mazur is tied for 4th in goals for the entire NCAA, Lombardi is 4th in points in the entire OHL, Buchelnikov is the top u20 ppg player in the VHL....Seider won the Calder just last year and Raymond is 4th in u21 scoring in the NHL...people really need to get a grip! The sky is falling, the sky is falling!

GoBoltz56

Brisebois 1st Rounder
Jul 31, 2004
Tampa and Michigan
Edvinsson is .5ppg as a rookie defenseman in the AHL, Wallinder is the top u21 player in ppg in the SHL, Kasper is 4th and hes only 18, Mazur is tied for 4th in goals for the entire NCAA, Lombardi is 4th in points in the entire OHL, Buchelnikov is the top u20 ppg player in the VHL....Seider won the Calder just last year and Raymond is 4th in u21 scoring in the NHL...people really need to get a grip! The sky is falling, the sky is falling!
But Mazur is like 28 years old

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad