Golf: 103rd PGA Championship - May 20-23

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
This guy is a joke. He’s a tour pro that failed off the PGA Tour and now he beats up on club pros without actually having to do any of the work that club pros have to do on a daily basis.

Reactions: Dr John Carlson

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
Love Omar Uresti attacks, always seems to rile up golf Twitter.

We are due for an actually close tournament, haven't had one in a long time.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I understand why, but I hate that this tournament is in May now and not August.

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
Anyone want to know how hard but also beautiful this course is, just gonna leave this here:

This guy is not a terrible golfer by any means. I'd need to bring at least 2 dozen balls to this course (in my dreams)

Should be a very watchable PGA Championship.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
I think Rory distorted what people think of this course. Second place in 2012 was -5. It wasn’t a -13 set up. The course also usually plays tougher in the spring than summer. I’d expect a winner between -5 and -10. Weather looks really good for this week, otherwise I’d say it’d be tougher than that.

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Man Phil winning would be so f***ing cool.

I believe it was one of the NLU guys who said it would make him the oldest major champion in history and at the same time the most recent player to win on the PGA as an amateur.

Reactions: Canes

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
It feels like the guys playing later today that are in contention are at a distinct disadvantage. Three days in a row of the toughest winds is going to be really tough to put up three good scores in a row. There’s just absolutely no momentum in these rounds you can take, and it’s constant grinding over how much to account for the wind on every single stroke.

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
I know Koepka is Koepka in majors, but he sucked at Augusta and I really didn't think he'd be pushing here at this course. We'll see if the walking for 40+ more holes wear on him.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I know Koepka is Koepka in majors, but he sucked at Augusta and I really didn't think he'd be pushing here at this course. We'll see if the walking for 40+ more holes wear on him.
Just missed a green by like 30 yards.

Curious how this plays of the winds are going to switch like they’re saying and supposedly no one knows how to play the course that way.

Reactions: Our Lady Peace

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Some dude who is like 8 over on the last 6 holes just threw a bunch of shit in the water after his ball ended up there

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
Some dude who is like 8 over on the last 6 holes just threw a bunch of shit in the water after his ball ended up there

That was Erik Van Rooyen. Not a good look for him when National TV caught all of it. Played himself out of the cut on those final holes.

Reactions: GKJ

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad