OT: 103rd Obsequious Banter Thread: "Summertime, and the livin's easy."

If you had to fight a tortoise or a sloth, which do you choose?

• Tortoise

Votes: 17 43.6%
  • Sloth

Votes: 22 56.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
I can't f***ing believe this isn't a landslide. Giant Tortoises can weigh 500 or more pounds and are covered in armor. Why the f*** would you want to fight that? Sure sloths have talons, but their reaction time is next to nothing, they're much lighter, smaller, and have no shell.

Get with the damn program

Last edited:

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
I can't f***ing believe this isn't a landslide. Giant Tortoises can weigh 500 or more pounds and are covered in armor. Why the f*** would you want to fight that? Sure sloths have talons, but their reaction time is next to nothing, they're much lighter, smaller, and have no shell.

Get with the damn program
Use terrain to your advantage. Flip tortoise over, game over. The sloth will keep coming for you.

Reactions: BernieParent

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Right on. Take it slow and have fun.
If you start to like it , a few lessons will be a game changer.

Yeah, I was out with my buddy yesterday. He's teaching me to focus on control over power/distance first. My last 30-40 balls were just about dead center drives, where I was aiming for. Most were falling between the 175-200 range but I felt I had a good groove going in controlling placement, digging several off the distance markers (which was the aim).

Seems super short for a driver, but he also said distance will come in time and at this stage, you want to just aim for playable balls.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
You're not flipping a tortoise. They're huge.

When you get a Sulcata tortoise, they eventually grow to a size where they just start walking through the walls like the Kool-Aid man. Tortoises are inevitable

The context for this statement never matters. I always let out an audible chuckle anytime i see a Kool-Aid man reference.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
The thing with tortoises is that they can only attack with their weak point. They send out their soft mushy head to bite and wind up self impaling themselves. Then you got 500lbs of meat and a cool bowl.

PDX Flyer

Lost in the Woods
Nov 13, 2019
Yeah, I was out with my buddy yesterday. He's teaching me to focus on control over power/distance first. My last 30-40 balls were just about dead center drives, where I was aiming for. Most were falling between the 175-200 range but I felt I had a good groove going in controlling placement, digging several off the distance markers (which was the aim).

Seems super short for a driver, but he also said distance will come in time and at this stage, you want to just aim for playable balls.
Your swing is all about maintaining a smooth tempo from backswing to follow through

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
You're not flipping a tortoise. They're huge.

When you get a Sulcata tortoise, they eventually grow to a size where they just start walking through the walls like the Kool-Aid man. Tortoises are inevitable
Tiger traps.

Why do old people always have to use speakerphone even when they start talking about private family matters while they're out in public?
Old people? I almost always see this with people younger than me.

BigToe

Robocop sucks
Jan 6, 2018
Philly
I just did some sloth searching googlings. They’re more dangerous than I thought. Sloth is such a good name for that thing. Shoutout to whoever named it sloth.

Reactions: DancingPanther

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018

People fleeing a 4th of July parade in Highland, Illinois after a mass shooting event where 8 or more have been shot... running past this band on a float playing patriotic music as they try to flee to safety.

Reports are the shooter fired from the roof of a outdoors shop and managed to get away.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad