OT: 102d Obsequious Banter Thread: The One That Interlocked Plastic and Silverware

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Everyone is a critic...

Neighbour finally loses patience with pianist next door after ‘six long years’ with excruciating note

Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire

We have an update on the Joc Pederson/Tommy Phan fantasy football feud. Tommy Phan has gotten a 3 game suspension for slapping Joc Pederson pre-game.

In addition the feuding over "IR stashing" in a fantasy football league, apparently Joc Pederson went on to describe how he trolled some of the Padres players in the group chat by posting a GIF mocking the team lol.

Is Joc Peterson 16 years old?

macleish1974

Crash.....Heart of a Lion
Aug 2, 2005
Florida Swampland
The movie To Hell or High Water with Chris Pine , Ben Foster and Jeff Bridges is about authentic rural Texas as it gets. Love the hats. Rural Texas is a shithole. Almost got myself shot on West 70 reaching for my license/registration/insurance cards out of the glovebox.

The music from the movie is pretty cool; written by Cave and Ellis.

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
So when is Jon Hamm gonna give us a new Fletch movie?

Fletch is one of my favourite movies, so many memories of watching it as a kid. I’m excited for the reboot.

Reactions: DancingPanther

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

Heat is easily in my top 10 movies ever. Now granted my favorite movies slant towards the crime/war drama types but it’s in there nonetheless.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Two of my "breakup" movies. Of course, they're all pretty much war movies anyway.
Wait. You make your would be ex whatever watch apocalypse now or platoon before breaking up with them?
Man there is seriously some deeper issues at hand. That’s dark dude.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Wait. You make your would be ex whatever watch apocalypse now or platoon before breaking up with them?
Man there is seriously some deeper issues at hand. That’s dark dude.

I have a friend who...

Waited until the day after his birthday to break up with his GF, so he would for sure get presents from her.
Proceeded to start dating her younger sister the next week.

Takes some topping on the breakup scale.

He was only 16 at the time though and is a lovely guy despite that week of madness, not spoken to him about that incident in about 10 years but last time we did he was still so ashamed aha.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
I have a friend who...

Waited until the day after his birthday to break up with his GF, so he would for sure get presents from her.

He was only 16 at the time though and is a lovely guy despite that week of madness, not spoken to him about that incident in about 10 years but last time we did he was still so ashamed aha.
That takes some major balls. I can't imagine the relationship with his ex's younger sister lasted very long

macleish1974

Aug 2, 2005
Florida Swampland
I have a friend who...

But did he marry either one???? HA HA.......

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
But did he marry either one???? HA HA.......

Aha, nope.

Just turned 31 the other month and cant see him getting married anytime soon.

Him and one of my other close friends from high-school are housemates (in an apartment owned by another close high-school friend who is very high flying) in the city centre and are either partying or on holiday every weekend still aha. (while both holding down pretty damn good jobs)

macleish1974

Aug 2, 2005
Florida Swampland
Thinking of hats.......

From the Letters to the Editor, Wilmington News-Journal [ before Gannett bought it out}:

" I think if we lower the standards for entrance into the Delaware State Police, then we should be able to tell the difference between the troopers who had passed the entrance test before and those who passed after. I think they should have different size hats. That way, when I get stopped by the small sized hat troopers, I can speak with words that they can understand, while the troopers with the bigger hats, I can converse in a more nuanced language."

I do not think the Delaware State Police followed this person's suggestion. After all, after 25 years, all the Delaware State Troopers would by now would be wearing the same size hats.

My sister-in-law's father was Captain of a Troop in New Castle County. He was a sharp dude. He had a very large hat...........

Reactions: Lord Defect

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
I have a friend who...

Under 18 without causing a criminal record is no biggie. I’ve known people that broke up with girls in January To avoid Valentine’s Day then got back together in march.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad