OT: 100th Obsequious Banter Thread: You don't look a day over 99.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Heading to the doctors at 1:30...it's continuing to get worse than it is better

Fingers crossed. It's still spreading and my leg is swollen/infected for sure.
Did you scratch it with dirty hands? That’s easily an infection. Same if you cut or knicked the skin on a branch.
I’m assuming you have had run ins before without this type of reaction.

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
If that's the part of the story you're focusing on, then the leak did its job.
In an environment that does not have leaks, to have one is huge. Both sides of the aisle here hold the Supreme Court in high standard. I’d argue that they as a whole hold more power than an individual president.
The leak is the issue, 100%.
I’m being as sterile as possible with the content of the leak so the thread doesn’t catch a warning as I don’t want to talk politics.
The content of the leak is not a big deal in a sense that it was planned to officially be announced before the midterms. Leaking it early has no more affect on them than releasing it in the summer would. They only reason to leak it would be to put outside pressure on one of the justices.
That is why this needs to be investigated as heavily as possible. IMO this is on part with jury tampering.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Did you scratch it with dirty hands? That’s easily an infection. Same if you cut or knicked the skin on a branch.
I’m assuming you have had run ins before without this type of reaction.
I've done my best not to scratch it at all and I thought I was doing a pretty good job. There is a spot in the middle of my leg where there looks to be a scab, but I definitely didn't scratch it to the point that it would have scabbed. I've got all sorts of shit leaking from my ankle. I can't wait to go to this doctors appointment and I am one that very rarely ever goes to the doctor, and no, I've never had this type of reaction prior.

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Heading to the doctors at 1:30...it's continuing to get worse than it is better

Fingers crossed. It's still spreading and my leg is swollen/infected for sure.
Make sure to scrape off some spores so we can sprinkle it on DeAndre Jordan and Millsap's legs....only way to keep them both out the game thanks to Glenn Anton Rivers...

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
W5pFeWZ.jpeg

@JojoTheWhale @Starat327 @Chinatown88 @Striiker @Jack Straw

Some assembly required

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
In an environment that does not have leaks, to have one is huge. Both sides of the aisle here hold the Supreme Court in high standard. I’d argue that they as a whole hold more power than an individual president.
The leak is the issue, 100%.
I’m being as sterile as possible with the content of the leak so the thread doesn’t catch a warning as I don’t want to talk politics.
The content of the leak is not a big deal in a sense that it was planned to officially be announced before the midterms. Leaking it early has no more affect on them than releasing it in the summer would. They only reason to leak it would be to put outside pressure on one of the justices.
That is why this needs to be investigated as heavily as possible. IMO this is on part with jury tampering.
It doesn't make sense that it wasn't a planned leak. Half the country is up in arms about the leak itself, deflecting attention from the substance. The story will already be played out when the formal ruling is announced.

It also allows each individual state to codify its own law, because we all see where this is heading.

Whatever investigation is done into the leak will barely be a footnote to this ruling. There's no accountability for the justices to the American public, so any "anger" from the justices is just political theatre.

How is this anything like jury tampering?

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
It doesn't make sense that it wasn't a planned leak. Half the country is up in arms about the leak itself, deflecting attention from the substance. The story will already be played out when the formal ruling is announced.

It also allows each individual state to codify its own law, because we all see where this is heading.

Whatever investigation is done into the leak will barely be a footnote to this ruling. There's no accountability for the justices to the American public, so any "anger" from the justices is just political theatre.

How is this anything like jury tampering?
I’m not saying it wasn’t a planned leak, as they had security barriers in place almost immediately, as well as people not SCJ’s tweeting out nearly identical statements almost as fast as the barriers went up.
It makes zero sense for the justices in favor of repeal to leak the opinion as states do not need time to get affairs in order before any ruling is out in place. The matter at hand does not become outlawed the moment the ruling is decided, it becomes a state issue and if there is nothing in place one way or the other on the matter then the issue is legal for the time being to make a policy.
I’m also not saying this was a planned coordinated leak. It could very well be a clerk that acted on their own, or even a compromised computer from outside actors.
No matter where the leak came from we now have a window where the SCJ’s can and I believe will be harassed possibly making them change their ruling on the issue.
The leak happening is the bigger issue than both the content of the issue and the ruling of the issue at hand. Undermining the process of the court that is the end all be all, the supreme of you will, court that handles ruling for many many various topics has a much bigger impact.
Without trust that they can do their job properly and safely, every other ruling is at risk of either being tampered with or thrown out.

Or this imbecilic nation will forget about it in a week when the next shiny thing comes on tv. Who knows anymore.

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
Yeah the trust within the Supreme Court took a major hit. I am not sure they will reveal who was responsible, but if in fact it was one of the judges impeachment papers need to be drawn up.

How did this case even come about? I've heard pretty recently the supreme court has been taking up cases it shouldn't be involved in.
Post automatically merged:

Almost like all of this was a scam to begin with

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
What are you applying? Have you seen anyone? What's wrapped?
Went to the doctors today and got a steroid and an antibiotic. I applied some stuff at the onset, but haven't done much to it since, not sure exactly what's the best to apply. The part that's wrapped is where it's blistering and omitting puss and gross shit

Reactions: DancingPanther

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Went to the doctors today and got a steroid and an antibiotic. I applied some stuff at the onset, but haven't done much to it since, not sure exactly what's the best to apply. The part that's wrapped is where it's blistering and omitting puss and gross shit
Aha yes. Ok so both of those things are what need to be done so that's good. Let them do their thing and you should be good. Just tell someone if you notice it doesn't get any better or most importantly if it gets worse.

I knew that shit was infected lol that's why I asked if it was warm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad