#100 Malte Setkov

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
He does not. Doesn’t use his size effectively and not showing much offensive upside.
When did you see him playing?.
In today game he played physical , long reach halps him a lot, skating is very good, very noticeable on the ice

Reactions: Henkka

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
In today game he played physical , long reach halps him a lot, skating is very good, very noticeable on the ice

After coming from an injury, he had a small 14-minute role, but been doing good lately.

Best defenceman on CorsiFor% and FenwickFor% of Malmö defencemen.

But currently he is loaned to 2nd level Allsvenskan. 1st pair D for AIK Stockholm, plays 22 minutes per game. 10 games, 1+3=4 points, +1.

Last edited:

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Seen him a bit in Malmö.

I still like his tools but he's not really making much progress. He needs to establish himself in the SHL and if he can't do that on one of the worst SHL teams?
Don't see a Wings future for him at this point.

Reactions: Killerjas

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Seen him a bit in Malmö.

I still like his tools but he's not really making much progress. He needs to establish himself in the SHL and if he can't do that on one of the worst SHL teams?
Don't see a Wings future for him at this point.

This right here really says it all. We aren't talking about a 19-year-old kid in his D+1 season.

Vandalay Industries

Feb 13, 2008
After coming from an injury, he had a small 14-minute role, but been doing good lately.

Best defenceman on CorsiFor% and FenwickFor% of Malmö defencemen.

But currently he is loaned to 2nd level Allsvenskan. 1st pair D for AIK Stockholm, plays 22 minutes per game. 10 games, 1+3=4 points, +1.

"Injury" - what injury?

He hasn't been injured. They just didn't play him because he fell out of favor in Malmö. So he was a healthy scratch.

He was loaned out to AIK exactly for that reason. Malmö couldn't depend on his foulfull play in the SHL so they shipped him to Allsvenskan AGAIN when another Danish defenseman came back from injury.

He will never be a top player. Very low hockey IQ and not willing and able to play a more simple game and get into the physical aspects of the game. And he is plain and simply way below average in any aspect of "playing without the puck", you know.

He is an exeptional skater for his size and there is definitely an upside on his offensive instincts, but he is not exactly Erik Karlsson, so I don't see Red Wings accepting all his defensive lapses just to get a kind-of-almost-ok offensive defenseman. Anything can happen in the world of hockey, but I would forget about him in your shoes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad