10 years since the record brawl vs Flyers

Tragedy

Jan 10, 2013
Regina, SK
It's probably just an over-reaction to the dismal results of the last 2 games, and a bit of nostalgia kicking in, but damn did I ever love that old team. Brings back some good memories.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Making me feel old

I remember that brawl very well: watching it in my basement back when I lived in Blackburn

Johnny Hanson

Jul 6, 2008
Where does the time go? Back then I was an eager, young whippersnapper who thought he had the world by the short and curlies. Oh the good ol days

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
wow 10 years eh . . . time flies.

I remember that game very well. Half of the posters here probably hadn't had their voices change yet when that game was going on

Sentron5000

Mar 24, 2010
Funny story about this. I was overseas doing work (in Cairo). We would get an English daily delivered to our rooms. And what was the lead story in the Sports section? This brawl. I'm disappointed I missed it.

it's funny to read about your hometown team halfway around the world...especially for something like this.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Loved that Fisher body slam on Handsus, although Ray took a bit of a beating from Brashear. Spezza even fought, he went after Patrick Sharp off the faceoff.

PoutineSp00nZ

Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Loved that Fisher body slam on Handsus, although Ray took a bit of a beating from Brashear. Spezza even fought, he went after Patrick Sharp off the faceoff.

I remember reading somewhere that Spezza told Sharp at the faceoff that he was going to fight him. Said the coach told him to so he's gunna fight him.

The first time Spezza dropped the gloves I think

John Holmes*

I remember reading somewhere that Spezza told Sharp at the faceoff that he was going to fight him. Said the coach told him to so he's gunna fight him.

The first time Spezza dropped the gloves I think

It was the other way around.

Then Spezza stepped on a stick and went down / fight over.

The whole thing was caused by Havlat kicking Mark Recchi if I remember right, and then Jacques saved Marty's life by putting him in the box to serve an extra two for somebody.

That was a great day in Sens history. Right up there with McGrattan dropping Domi.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
It was the other way around.

Then Spezza stepped on a stick and went down / fight over.

The whole thing was caused by Havlat kicking Mark Recchi if I remember right, and then Jacques saved Marty's life by putting him in the box to serve an extra two for somebody.

That was a great day in Sens history. Right up there with McGrattan dropping Domi.

Wasn't this one caused by havlat cross checking recchi in the face near the boards when recchi went to hit him? Havlat put his stick up when the hit came. Recchi went hard into the boards and loss some teeth I think. Havlat had a couple kicking incidents, but I don't think a kick started this one.

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
That was awesome, and hard to believe it's been 10 years! :yo:

Last years beat down of the Habs in Game 5 was a nice small taste of it. :hit:

John Holmes*

Wasn't this one caused by havlat cross checking recchi in the face near the boards when recchi went to hit him? Havlat put his stick up when the hit came. Recchi went hard into the boards and loss some teeth I think. Havlat had a couple kicking incidents, but I don't think a kick started this one.

Well, it has been 10 years, but I believe the high sticking happened in Ottawa the previous time they played, so Havlat had a big target on his back for the "rematch" in Philly.

He was getting a rough ride I think from Recchi who was standing over Havlat as he was lying on the ice, and he gave him a short let jab to the nads, which in turn started the series of brawls.

If that's not how it actually happened, I like my version better.

Oct 10, 2010
One of the greatest moments in SENS history for me.

I remember how exciting that was.

Hopefully we'll see something like this again sometime.

PoutineSp00nZ

Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
bring back martin..........and bring back the bawlzy sens

Those Sens teams weren't bawlzy at all, that was the problem. They'd get pushed around in the playoffs and periodically explode during a game like that one as if to show the league that they weren't soft.

Berserker*

The Senators almost always have a better season when they have some sort of brawl during the year. Overall, we are a much better team when we have a tough team.

Scrub*

Team Canada
Dec 28, 2008
lol

spezza wearing 39

Bondra on our bench for every brawl.

Prusek backup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad