Tribute 10 years ago today: The Chara hit on Pacioretty

FLHabs

Send all your underacheiving prospects!!
Feb 18, 2017
Lolll to my defense I was younger back then haha still should've known better though lol. I remember at some point my favorite prospect was Maxim Trunev just because of one highlight package of a game lolll

FLHabs

Feb 18, 2017
I hope you got super mad at people for saying otherwise around here too, as we all do
Wasn't posting back then, just a lurker hehe I think I just thought his name sounded cool lol
looking back at it, I really don't know why I would pencil him in my fantasy lineups haha

Last edited:

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Lolll to my defense I was younger back then haha still should've known better though lol. I remember at some point my favorite prospect was Maxim Trunev just because of one highlight package of a game lolll
I remember making a post on those old RDS forum when I was like 14 saying that AK46 would score 40 one day.

Oof.

FLHabs

Feb 18, 2017
I remember making a post on those old RDS forum when I was like 14 saying that AK46 would score 40 one day.

Oof.
Loll fun times. Let's hope this new crop of players actually reach our lofty expectations this time

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
man I was also pretty high on Kostistyn, that's why i'm the way I am now, i'm like an emo teenager who got his heart broken in high school

i'll never let KK break my heart, that bum

Koivu11

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
I'll never forget the sound of him hitting the stanchion and then the eerie silence that followed in the Bell Centre... just sickening. I genuinely thought he might have been killed for a few minutes.
Yup I remember feeling that way as well. I legit thought we witnessed a man get killed on the ice.

It was scary as shit.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
I thought I had seen my first live TV death.

I remember the live feed only showed Chara skating towards Patches and you just heard the sound shortly after. I thought he legit decapitated Patches.
Happened to me watching baseball when the ump started walking to the mound and collapsed, dead.

On April 1, 1996, the Cincinnati Reds and Montreal Expos were playing an Opening Day game, and McSherry was the home plate umpire. Seven pitches into the game, McSherry called a timeout, spoke briefly to Reds catcher Eddie Taubensee, and walked slowly towards the Reds' dugout. Moments after signaling for the second base umpire to come in and replace him, McSherry stumbled forward and collapsed. Resuscitative efforts were begun on McSherry and he was taken to University Hospital in Cincinnati, but was pronounced dead upon arrival. He was 51 years old.

Reactions: Skip Bayless

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Happened to me watching baseball when the ump started walking to the mound and collapsed, dead.

On April 1, 1996, the Cincinnati Reds and Montreal Expos were playing an Opening Day game, and McSherry was the home plate umpire. Seven pitches into the game, McSherry called a timeout, spoke briefly to Reds catcher Eddie Taubensee, and walked slowly towards the Reds' dugout. Moments after signaling for the second base umpire to come in and replace him, McSherry stumbled forward and collapsed. Resuscitative efforts were begun on McSherry and he was taken to University Hospital in Cincinnati, but was pronounced dead upon arrival. He was 51 years old.
That's wild.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office

I remember that game as well...McSherry was a HUGE man, likely 150lbs or so overweight; that was when MLB started really getting on the umps to be in shape...

Reactions: peate

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
ouf that roster, dark times

today:

d0b17ba77ac4040b809d914843e17ac8.gif

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Recchi went from being one of my all time favorite players, to someone I hated to their inner core. Threw out anything I hate Recchi related. Jerseys, hockey cards a signed picture. Guy went from a class act to a disgusting piece of filth in one year.

I hated how the Habs honored him during a pre-game ceremony, which occurred after the Chara hit, if I recall correctly.

vHAB

Apr 21, 2007
Montreal
I was driving on the 40 when this happened and listening to the game on the radio and the broadcast guys legit made it sound like he was dead. Imagine not having actually seen the incident and just hearing these guys just sounding completely stunned and just trying to describe it and saying max was just laying there motionless. I pulled over and called my friend to know wtf was going on, it was a surreal moment

Habano

Allez les Bleus, (Blancs, Rouges)
May 18, 2012
I was at a concert in Toronto during this game. I had a look at what was going on in between the opening act and headliner. I saw that Max was hurt but didn't know what happened until I got back to the hotel room after the show.

In any case, f*** Chara. He should've been suspended for this. At least the NHL is more serious about holding players accountable now, right?
One of the tings that pissed me off the most in the aftermath was Dr. Mark Recchi insinuating that Paccioretty was faking the injury.

I wonder if Dr. Recchi thinks Carlo is also faking. I Would love to hear his expert opinion :sarcasm:

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
One of the tings that pissed me off the most in the aftermath was Dr. Mark Recchi insinuating that Paccioretty was faking the injury.

I wonder if Dr. Recchi thinks Carlo is also faking. I Would love to hear his expert opinion :sarcasm:
Recchi was my favourite player as a kid, but after he said that, I lost all respect I had for him.

hvac412

Apr 15, 2013
Why would you say Ovi is a piece of garbage lol? He's a legend and the definition of what hockey is.
Anyone knowing very well they can get away with it because of their elite status who purposely goes out of his way to injure another player (Drouin) and ridicules the NHL as flawed as they may be for trying to punish an extremely dirty player (Wilson) is not my definition of what hockey should be.

Aug 25, 2009
éal
yeah, Chara did this on purpose. Not premeditate but in a split second he saw an occasion to get revenge rise and he took it. very reckless

Reactions: Jee

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 5