10 short years ago today...

King Karl

five-year run of unparalleled suffering
Mar 18, 2014
Halifax, NS
Geez, can't believe it's been 10 years. I still remember the crowd out at the airport when the team got back and parade down Elgin like it was yesterday.

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
Oh boy, Can't believe its been 10 years.. time flies

I wasn't even in university then, and now I am long graduated and what not.. :amazed::amazed::amazed:

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
It's been 10 years since highschool. Jesus h christ I've done nothing with my life.

Neil Patrick Harris

Now sponsored by Zoom™
Aug 23, 2008
Ottawa
I was in grade seven when that happened. This year I'm graduating from uOttawa.

It's been a long time, but I can still clearly remember that goal and much of what followed. I clearly recall going outside my house, in the middle of suburban Barrhaven, and hearing nothing but car horns blaring.

I'll be honest, just being out and about in the community, I think this year is the first time since the cup run that I've seen so much excitement about the team. I'm seeing so many people rocking the Sens that it's become noticeable. A lot of people are really excited about this team again after so many years of struggling. No matter how this ends, I think the run this year has gone a long way to capturing some of that excitement for the Sens that we've seen wane in recent years.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I was the Byward Market Heart and Crown all day.

First was the FA Cup between Chelsea FC and Manchester United (Go Blues!) and then the Senators book their trip to the Cup finals.

The staff wouldn't serve until 11:00 (?) AM but you could order in advance and they had all the pints sitting there at like 10:57 waiting to be served.

Wandered up and down Elgin in a haze of excitement and cheering.

Solid day all around.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Bittersweet day. We made it to the finals, but later we learned Elgin Fraser passed away :(

I'm thinking of his family today. I hope they're well.

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Hard to believe it's been 10 yrs. since that. Hopefully we'll see the same result this year in the conference final and a different result in the Cup finals.

ColinM

Dec 14, 2004
Halifax
My soon to be wife and I were watching that game together. In overtime she wouldn't even let me move from the place I was standing. When Alfredsson scored we were bouncing off the walls together.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad