10 Reasons for Hope in '14-'15

PaperRockChamp

Oct 19, 2009
Wpg
Great thread, puckatron. #9, I did laugh out loud.

It's that time of year where optimism seeps back into the mix. So glad this offseason is behind us.

EpicGingy

Jul 30, 2012
Ontario
I want the Jets to either get busy winning or get busy losing.

I would prefer the winning, but would take losing over the usual no mans land.

If there was a year to get a good chance in the lottery, this is definitely it.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
my summary:

1. Will the real Pavs please stand up? or sit the **** down and let Hutch play. Either way, should get us a few more W's, i hope.
2. Does the core still have room to grow to reach their ceiling? Little, Kane and Wheeler - can they become elite forwards?
3. Bogo - who is he, what is he and can he stay healthy? If so, including a 2nd year Trouba, the front 4 D are pretty nice. No all stars per se, but 4 serious 2nd tier guys.
4. Nice depth on the top 3 line. best top 9 we've had since the move.
5. Schiefele's ceiling? If BrightEyes can play like a legit 2nd line centre, then that looks pretty darn good.
6. Changing of the guard - i'm not that optimistic that this will happen, but if 1-2 rookies can make the line-up this year, then that's fewer stiffs from the past that will make the team. Looking at you, Slater and (unlikely) Thorbum.

Tintin's Ghost

May 28, 2007
Saskatoon
A full season with Maurice makes this team better than last year immediately. The core group of players locked up by a Chevy are anticipated to keep trending upwards in their development. This is a good team poised to improve thus year. Pavs still questionable but the issue of goaltending so front and center right now that it will be put up or shut up and substandard play (from either net miner) hopefully won't be tolerated.

GO JETS GO

CanWin

What happens now?
Mar 7, 2014
Winnerpeg
Saw Ladd and Buff at a phone centre this afternoon. They didn't seem to have any ill effects from the bag skate this morning (I'm assuming there was one). I was fully decked out in Jets gear (hoodie and cap). My son noticed them first even though he doesn't follow the Jets that closely. We got a picture with them. Buff looks tall and solid, but not portly by any means. That is one piece of good news. The other is that the new linemates were spending some time together bonding. I think we're in for a great season!

P.S. - Out of respect for the advertisement at the top of the page, I won't say what kind of phone we were getting.

P.P.S. - I tried to make this post fit the topic at least tangentially, but feel free to move it if there is a better place for it. Andrew and Dustin are the first Jets that I have ever met around town.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
The other is that the new linemates were spending some time together bonding. I think we're in for a great season!

They did some fishing in the summer. Maybe Maurice saw the tweet and decided they should be linemates.

@aladd16: Had a great time catching this beast with @STURGEONSLAYERS today! #catchrecordrelease #sturgeonslayers http://t.co/Aj1L0V1BLZ

CanWin

What happens now?
Mar 7, 2014
Winnerpeg
They did some fishing in the summer. Maybe Maurice saw the tweet and decided they should be linemates.

@aladd16: Had a great time catching this beast with @STURGEONSLAYERS today! #catchrecordrelease #sturgeonslayers http://t.co/Aj1L0V1BLZ

Maybe we shouldn't be giving away the scientific secrets of PoMo's methods.;)

BTW, they might just have been at Cabellas. The phone centre is close to there and Buff was wearing a camo jacket.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad