#10 - Ranking the greatest all-time NHL Jets

Who is the tenth best NHL Winnipeg Jet (after the previous chosen 9)?

• Babych, Dave

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Boschman, Laurie

• Connor, Kyle

• Doan, Shayne

• Domi, Tie

• Elhers, Nikolaj

• Enstrom, Tobias

• Hellebuyck, Connor

• Khabibulin, Nikolai

• Kyte, Jim

• Ladd, Andrew

• Lukowich, Morris

• Olausson, Fredrik

• Perreault, Mathieu

• Savard, Serge

• Smail, Doug

• Trouba, Jacob

• Stuart, Mark

• Other (Post your choice)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan
1. Dale Hawerchuk
2. Teemu Selanne
3. Robert Marvin Hull
4. Thomas Steen
5. Dustin Byfuglien
6. Teppo Numminen
7. Phil Housley
8. Blake Wheeler
9. Mark Scheifele

Scheifele takes the ninth spot by a single vote. Will a Moustache or goalie make the top 10? Will final HHOFer Savard finally get some love? Will two time bridesmaid Zhamnov break the top ten?

The criteria once again remains the same. The player must have played in the NHL for the Winnipeg Jets. That's it. The interpretation of what makes someone the greatest is left up to the voter.

SUX2BU

User of registers
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
1. Dale Hawerchuk
2. Teemu Selanne
3. Robert Marvin Hull
4. Thomas Steen
5. Dustin Byfuglien
6. Teppo Numminen
7. Phil Housley
8. Blake Wheeler
9. Mark Scheifele

Scheifele takes the ninth spot by a single vote. Will a Moustache or goalie make the top 10? Will final HHOFer Savard finally get some love? Will two time bridesmaid Zhamnov break the top ten?

The criteria once again remains the same. The player must have played in the NHL for the Winnipeg Jets. That's it. The interpretation of what makes someone the greatest is left up to the voter.

Answers to your questions there, Brooke

Buff, Wheeler and Scheifele all have facial hair and:

All are No

My vote:

Here kitty kitty kitty

Reactions: Eyeseeing

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Feeling crushed that Bambi snuck past Zhamnov.
C'mon people give the red headed dynamo his due!!!

We're all in on Zhamnov!
Pre-season GDT if he makes #10 (as in his Jersey number).

Otherwise I'm going to pout like my 9 week old son when he's hungry!

Reactions: Jets 31

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
If you're looking for another reason to vote in Zhamnov look no further then Game #5 of the Detroit series in 96.

The Buhlin Wall of course was the story of the day.
51 saves on 52 shots and he stopped 2 Penalty Shots (the refs were sooooo trying to steal that game)

Jets are hanging on to a 2-1 lead (thanks Eastwood and Manson).

In the dying moments of the game Detroit got the puck past Khabby and as it was about to cross the line to tie the game Zhamnov stopped it on the line and whipped it down the ice into the empty net for the 3-1 win.

I truly felt if that had gone in that we wouldn't have been able to stop the momentum against us.

#10 was a key factor in getting us a game #6 and giving us a chance to go out in style with some class. Instead of the debacle that was the end of game 4... don't throw mustard jars people!!!

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Feeling crushed that Bambi snuck past Zhamnov.
C'mon people give the red headed dynamo his due!!!

We're all in on Zhamnov!
Pre-season GDT if he makes #10 (as in his Jersey number).

Otherwise I'm going to pout like my 9 week old son when he's hungry!
You mean pout like a 21 year old winger with one of the best shots in all of hockey . :naughty: Just kidding people , just kidding .

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
If you're looking for another reason to vote in Zhamnov look no further then Game #5 of the Detroit series in 96.

The Buhlin Wall of course was the story of the day.
51 saves on 52 shots and he stopped 2 Penalty Shots (the refs were sooooo trying to steal that game)

Jets are hanging on to a 2-1 lead (thanks Eastwood and Manson).

In the dying moments of the game Detroit got the puck past Khabby and as it was about to cross the line to tie the game Zhamnov stopped it on the line and whipped it down the ice into the empty net for the 3-1 win.

I truly felt if that had gone in that we wouldn't have been able to stop the momentum against us.

#10 was a key factor in getting us a game #6 and giving us a chance to go out in style with some class. Instead of the debacle that was the end of game 4... don't throw mustard jars people!!!
Khabby is next after Zhamnov . Was it mustard jars or peanut butter ? I thought it was peanut butter because i remember getting hit with one of the damn things .

SUX2BU

User of registers
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
A lot of people would agree with me, Zhamnov is the second best to wear #10 for the Jets

Hell, he wasn’t even the first Jet to score 5 in a game (Willy Lindstrom did it Mar 2/82 against Philly)

His best season (his first with the Jets – 71 points 92-93 yr)

Kitty’s achievements
>>Won the Norris in 81
>>2 time NHL captain (Pens and Jets)
>>His best season (83 points 80-81 yr)
>>Instrumental in the Moose development when there wasn’t NHL hockey in this town
>>Won a Stanley Cup in 2007 (gag, with the Sucks)

And I’m sure he “read books” too …………

Last edited:

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
A lot of people would agree with me, Zhamnov is the second best to wear #10 for the Jets

Hell, he wasn’t even the first Jet to score 5 in a game (Willy Lindstrom did it Mar 2/82 against Philly)

His best season (his first with the Jets – 71 points 92-93 yr)

Kitty’s achievements
>>Won the Norris in 81
>>2 time NHL captain (Pens and Jets)
>>His best season (83 points 80-81 yr)
>>Instrumental in the Moose development when there wasn’t NHL hockey in this town
>>Won a Stanley Cup in 2007 (gag, with the Sucks)

And I’m sure he “read books” too …………

All respect to Carlyle but he was basically an old man when he came here. We were the team that benefited from the Pens trading him for nothing during their tank job to draft Lemieux.

My mom was in love with him.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Khabby is next after Zhamnov . Was it mustard jars or peanut butter ? I thought it was peanut butter because i remember getting hit with one of the damn things .

Ya I could have swore it was a broken mustard jar but I could be wrong. I'm not sure peanut butter would have spread out the way I thought I remembered it.

I just remember Vernon hiding in his net as the garbage rained down on him.

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Ya I could have swore it was a broken mustard jar but I could be wrong. I'm not sure peanut butter would have spread out the way I thought I remembered it.

I just remember Vernon hiding in his net as the garbage rained down on him.
You might be right , not a good idea to give plastic jars of anything for a free giveaway as you walked in . :laugh: Maybe as you left the arena instead .

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
1. Dale Hawerchuk
2. Teemu Selanne
3. Robert Marvin Hull
4. Thomas Steen
5. Dustin Byfuglien
6. Teppo Numminen
7. Phil Housley
8. Blake Wheeler
9. Mark Scheifele

Just had to keep Wheeler and Scheifele together in the poll standings, eh people? Wouldn't be right to split them up, eh? :laugh:

Reactions: SUX2BU

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
I can't believe Housley is ahead of Scheifele and Wheeler. If you watched Housley play he was one of the weakest defensemen ever without the puck, probably weaker than Pionk. Honestly I demand a recount. The guy played 3 seasons as a Jet, giving us a combined -32. What the?

Laurie Boschman for me is an underrated Jet. He had the toughest matchup in hockey, going head to head against Gretzky, and he did alright.

Dave Ellett for me would have been ahead of Housley too.

I'll vote for Tkachuk though. He was a big deal. I remember him battling against the Canucks in the playoffs in his rookie debut. Scored a lot of goals as a Jet. If Chicago hadn't made him an offer sheet that paid him so well, we might have kept Selanne.

Last edited:

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
All respect to Carlyle but he was basically an old man when he came here. We were the team that benefited from the Pens trading him for nothing during their tank job to draft Lemieux.

My mom was in love with him.

An old man? He was a kid of 28! He played 8 full seasons for Wpg + parts of 2 more, 564 games.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
An old man? He was a kid of 28! He played 8 full seasons for Wpg + parts of 2 more, 564 games.

Yes but I was a little kid.
I remember being at a game where Paul McLean scored a hattrick on his 30th b-day. Hawerchuk bounced 2 off his butt and he legit shot one.

McLean seemed like he was about 60 years old.
It's all perspective.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Yes but I was a little kid.
I remember being at a game where Paul McLean scored a hattrick on his 30th b-day. Hawerchuk bounced 2 off his butt and he legit shot one.

McLean seemed like he was about 60 years old.
It's all perspective.

:laugh: So the greatest Jets of all time are Hawerchuk and a bunch of Jets 2.0 players?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad