News Article: 10 players we expected more from this season

The Underboss

Dec 20, 2006
Florida
http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/n...10-players-we-expected-more-from-this-season/

There are two sides to the surprise coin. On one side, you have the players who outperform even your wildest expectations. This season, they’ve taken the form of Colin Wilson, Mathieu Perreault, and several others. On the other, you have players who haven’t come close to expectations.

At the midpoint of the 2014-15 season, there are more than a few candidates for disappointing player of the campaign, but only one can take the cake. While fans of every team have the players they wish they would get more from, the following 10 are the ones that are playing well below the expectations this season.

blitzkriegs

May 26, 2003
Beach & Mtn & Island
Visit site
Isn't Jokinen on this list annually???

PHI is laughable because they signed a guy for some insane reason to that deal when he should be on a 2yr deal. RJ, yeesh, that was an obvious one while in CLB.

Nail? Still don't understand why EDM with its obvious need for D at that time and a G didn't trade down or out and not select this guy. Personally, I think they did it out of fear that he could be the next best thing, but have Stefan/Filatov on their hands and are pretty much stuck with him bc I would be shocked if a team would give up major assets for him at this point bc he's underachieved - thanks to EDM per se, but Kovy dominated in ATL on a crappy team something Nail isn't even coming close to.

Finally, Semin. Seriously, why on Earth did CAR do that deal? Anyone in hockey KNEW signing that guy to anything more than an annual deal was nuts and would regret it. In the end, they'll get a zinger this year at the draft...

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Semin had wrist surgery and Carolina sucks, a lot.

He's such an easy target though, so I'm not surprised.

I'm also somewhat surprised to see Vinny on their (actually I'm not). I haven't had any expectations for him for quite some time now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad