['10 HFB Draft Board] #9

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The first 5 names listed above the line are eligible to be put directly on to the list.

The next 5 (below the line), are eligible to be moved up to be put on the next poll. If any two are tied in bottom portion, I'll just move them up, and later on pare down the list when it gets too big.

Vote for one on each side of the line.

We can tweak the process if it merits such.

This is to encourage discussion comparing prospects to each other, citing a drop in talent, etc. Especially for those of us less fortunate to see them for ourselves. It is not supposed to be a mock draft, so just pick the players you like.

1. Taylor Hall, LW, Windsor (OHL) - CAN
2. Tyler Seguin, C, Plymouth (OHL) - CAN
3. Cam Fowler, D, Windsor (OHL) - USA
4. Brandon Gormley, D, Moncton (QMJHL) - CAN
5. Erik Gudbranson, D, Kingston (OHL) - CAN
6. Vladimir Tarasenko, RW, Novosibirsk (KHL) - RUS
7. Brett Connolly, LW, Prince George (WHL) - CAN
8. Nino Neiderreiter, LW, Portland (WHL) - SUI

Canuck71*

Burmistrov and Pysyk.

Add Etem

Why is there two Jeff Skinner's to vote for? Shouldn't one of them be Riley Sheahan?

AwesomePanthers

Maybe next season
Aug 20, 2009
Two Skinner, and Kabanov listed as BLR. Went with Kabanov (even with all the problems) and Skinner. Add Etem.

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
kabanov and pysyk, add kuz.

and kabanov was born in moscow.

aside:
when people talk about the russian factor, i think its important to look at which team they grew up on and where they were born. For example:

Tarasenko: Born Yaroslavl, came through Sibir system. Sibir isnt a rich team, but lokomotiv is. Medium flight risk.
Kabanov: Born in moscow, came through Spartak Moscow system. Medium-Large flight risk, but he did spurn his club in the KHL already, so they may not be happy with him.
Kuznetsov: Born in chuba... (i cant spell that), Came through traktor system. Traktor is a mediocre poor team, but he is loyal to it. I'd say he wants to come to the NHL, and big money from other KHL clubs wont lure him. Very Low flight risk.
Burmitsov: Born in kazan, came through kazan system. Also defected from his club team. AK Bars is a good, wealthier team. He could get good money going home if he's stuck in the AHL. Medium-Large flight risk.

Last edited:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
kabanov and pysyk, add kuz.

and kabanov was born in moscow.

aside:
when people talk about the russian factor, i think its important to look at which team they grew up on and where they were born. For example:

Tarasenko: Born Yaroslavl, came through Sibir system. Sibir isnt a rich team, but lokomotiv is. Medium flight risk.
Kabanov: Born in moscow, came through Spartak Moscow system. Medium-Large flight risk, but he did spurn his club in the KHL already, so they may not be happy with him.
Kuznetsov: Born in chuba... (i cant spell that), Came through traktor system. Traktor is a mediocre poor team, but he is loyal to it. I'd say he wants to come to the NHL, and big money from other KHL clubs wont lure him. Very Low flight risk.
Burmitsov: Born in kazan, came through kazan system. Also defected from his club team. AK Bars is a good, wealthier team. He could get good money going home if he's stuck in the AHL. Medium-Large flight risk.

I thought Kabanov was playing for the Belarus U-18

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad