['10 HFB Draft Board] #7

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The first 5 names listed above the line are eligible to be put directly on to the list.

The next 5 (below the line), are eligible to be moved up to be put on the next poll. If any two are tied in bottom portion, I'll just move them up, and later on pare down the list when it gets too big.

Vote for one on each side of the line.

We can tweak the process if it merits such.

This is to encourage discussion comparing prospects to each other, citing a drop in talent, etc. Especially for those of us less fortunate to see them for ourselves. It is not supposed to be a mock draft, so just pick the players you like.

1. Taylor Hall, LW, Windsor (OHL) - CAN
2. Tyler Seguin, C, Plymouth (OHL) - CAN
3. Cam Fowler, D, Windsor (OHL) - USA
4. Brandon Gormley, D, Moncton (QMJHL) - CAN
5. Erik Gudbranson, D, Kingston (OHL) - CAN
6. Vladimir Tarasenko, RW, Novosibirsk (KHL) - RUS

AK

May 31, 2008
Maybe not just for this next poll, but I'd start thinking about adding Ryan Martindale. He could move up the board pretty quickly.

Madic

May 21, 2008
^ The vote to add Johansen is pretty funny. Wow, that was easy!

Add Sheahan.

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
Maybe not just for this next poll, but I'd start thinking about adding Ryan Martindale. He could move up the board pretty quickly.
the two 67's (toff and martindale) are a bit of an enigma in this draft to me. I could honestly see them both going in the late 1st round (obviously one to the sharks). I could also see neither of them going in the first round. Both have tools, both are smart players, and both have been trained well in one of the better junior systems in the world, but because Ottawa has struggled this year, and last year too, its hard to judge where they are in relation to other top prospects. The 67s are never a team where you see a 1st round player put up amazing numbers, but you see solid players who listen to coaches and play the system. Scouts rankings on the two have also been up and down, with some earlier in the season showing both as 1st rounders, others showing martindale dropping to the bottom of the 2nd round.

I wouldnt be surprised with them being drafted anywhere from ~18 to 60.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Honestly if you guys think Sheahan is a top-15 (or even top-20) player in this draft you are gonna be disappointed. I've seen him play a bunch this year and there is no way he plays a scoring role at the NHL level.

Madic

May 21, 2008
^ I have literally no reason to give a damn about Sheahan, the 1st round of this draft...any of it. I'm a Leafs fan. I've clearly never seen him play.

But regarding your opinion of Sheahan and apparent incredulity at his being included...this fellow called McKenzie and his NHL scouts disagree with you.

http://tsn.ca/draftcentre/feature/?id=15660

BIG BLUE

Apr 4, 2009
Toronto
Brett Connolly...I have this suspicion, he will be the beast of this draft when it's all said and done down the road.

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
^ I have literally no reason to give a damn about Sheahan, the 1st round of this draft...any of it. I'm a Leafs fan. I've clearly never seen him play.

But regarding your opinion of Sheahan and apparent incredulity at his being included...this fellow called McKenzie and his NHL scouts disagree with you.

http://tsn.ca/draftcentre/feature/?id=15660

Yes, but aren't we looking for new opinions? We've all read that. He's said he's seen Sheahan play a bunch, no sense drowning him out with some old article like its scripture.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad