GDT: #10; "Balance". Oilers v Leafs Jan 30, 5 PM on SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
We have heard a lot about Balance since the Play In Round of the Playoffs back in the summer of 2020. Dave Tippett had a winning formula with the games top line however that was dismantled in favour of "Balance".

In fact "Balance" has become the new Oiler buzzword replacing "Visually Better", "Bold Moves", "Chop Wood Carry Water", "Patience" and "Its the Water", monickers inscribed forever into the Oilers Wall of Shame.​

A35D29B1-1C74-4D45-A8D8-FD8B34417447.gif

Since the quest for "Balance" going back to last season, the Oilers have gone 4 and 10 which to the outside observer is not very balanced. However Dave Tippett is pushing all of chips into the middle of this frozen poker table in the name of "Balance".

Without "Balance" he believes we will not win a hockey game despite us losing 70% of them since "Balance" suddenly became a thing.

Not to mention having an ineffective penalty kill, terrible support scoring, average goaltending coupled with zero goaltending depth, brutal 3rd and 4th lines, wanting his D to move the puck better but refusing to play the teams best puck moving D, and the remaining D corps that at times looks more like the Keystone Cops than an NHL defence.

However, Dave believes that it is "Balance" that will win the day.

Perhaps Dave comes by this quest for "Balance" honestly. He looks at his available players and gets incredibly frustrated with what Holland has given him.

8D6DABD6-54DF-4B75-B162-A98606B1EBE9.gif

In Hollands defence:

F8699592-8566-4CF1-B507-805111D2D3F3.gif

So the players today fully bought in at practice when forced to wear bright orange pants as punishment for the way they have started the season.

Our 1st line of RNH, McDavid and PJ is "balanced" and ready.

EAEA9912-142C-4DDA-B794-8058CDD04C1F.gif

Our 2nd line of Rieder Kahun, Draisatl, and Honey Badger is "balanced" and ready.

C5CBB176-2E36-42A5-8F3A-5B43B7FA9072.gif

Our 3rd line of Neal, Turris and Kassian is "balanced" and ready. Sort of.

A02F6959-5DD1-4128-B328-9426C713B2DE.gif

Our 4th line is not "balanced" and is not ready, it is a collection of 8 AHL and replacement level NHL players struggling not to get scored on or take stupid penalties at inopportune times which at 5 v 5 has zero chemistry and cant get out of their own way. We can only watch in silent horror.

4A295664-1BBC-459A-BBC5-721CBA8873FF.gif

Our D Corps however say they plan to be incredibly balanced.

Here is the pair of Nurse Bear trying to show they can be a top pairing in the NHL with an amazing display of "Balance". Ready.

2419804A-E062-4B1E-AC38-4DA4F73578DF.gif

The 2nd pair of Jones Larsson has incredible chemistry and "balance". Ready.

74432148-4A58-4C88-B392-589FDFCF88B7.gif

The 3rd pair is a revolving door of 4K, KRussell, Barrie and Lagesson which thus far has not been very "balanced" to say the least. Perhaps they still think it's Christmas and are drunk. In 4K's defence he has been the best of the lot but when your paired with Drunk Santa, well.....your f***ed.

08746A20-D8F8-45BF-99E6-76C70328FE3E.gif

In goal we know we will be very average and very tired, and I cant add another gif because there is a 10 gif limit but I suspect we will get the above gifs performance Saturday night so onto the projected lineups.

Projected :edmonton Lines

RNH - McDavid - Puljujarvi
Rieder Kahun - Draisaitl - Honey Badger
Neal - Turris - Kassian
Ennis - Shore - Archibald

Nurse - Bear
Jones - Larsson
4K - Barrie

Koskinen and Pray
Groesnick

Balance

Since 1967

:stanley::stanley::stanley::stanley::stanley:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Projected Centre of the Universe Lines

Hymen - Nostrils - Mitchie
Mikheyev Skatealot - Pajamaboy - Hairspray
Feces - Kerfeet - Simmonds Beauty Rest
Barabanov Skatealot - Spazza - Boid

Turnstile Reilly - TJ the Ex Flame son of Satan
Muzzins beard impersonating Burns - "Shut Down" Holl
Captain Dermott - Cant Skate Bogosian

Cant Win A Series Andersen in net

In the hospital - Duct Tape Joe

Since 1967

:golfnana:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fun Leaf Facts!

Fun Fact 1 - Did you know the Leafs have never won more than 2 playoff series in a row in their entire history? Its True!

Fun Fact 2 - Did you know that the Leafs are the only team in NHL history to lose to their own zamboni driver? Its True!

Fun Fact 3 - Did you know that the Leafs fans plan a parade every September thru October but come April they are planning their first round exit! Its True!

Fun Fact 4 - Did you know that any time the Leafs win a game their fans, the fan version of malarial mosquitos, infest their opponents boards with taunting they can never, ever back up? Its True!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fearless Prediction:

Balance is found.

We stay on the balance beam, we don't fall into the lake, we don't crash face first into a parked car, we climb the stairs, we don't fall into an open manhole, and we win this hockey game.

That is if Koskinen doesn't suffer a total meltdown. If he doesn't suffer a total meltdown, we win this hockey game!

Balance.
:cheers:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GDT MUSIC

"We Hate Toronto"

PS It is past midnight in the Maritimes so I am posting this GDT on the Game Day and I want to get in before the Duster GDT to test my theory that Balance wins over Duster and the pre-game thread is now a debate about whose better, Gagner or Turris....

Last edited:

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003

PS It is past midnight in the Maritimes so I am posting this GDT on the Game Day and I want to get in before the Duster GDT to test my theory that Balance wins over Duster and the pre-game thread is now a debate about whose better, Gagner or Turris....

I actually wasn't planning on making the GDT for this game, lol.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
That's for a different message board lol.

Besides, if we win today, you get to make the GDTs until we lose again (which, granted, might not be very long at all).

If we lose again - I don’t even want to think about it......

Reactions: Cloned

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
We have heard a lot about Balance since the Play In Round of the Playoffs back in the summer of 2020. Dave Tippett had a winning formula with the games top line however that was dismantled in favour of "Balance".

In fact "Balance" has become the new Oiler buzzword replacing "Visually Better", "Bold Moves", "Chop Wood Carry Water", "Patience" and "Its the Water", monickers inscribed forever into the Oilers Wall of Shame.​

View attachment 390145
Since the quest for "Balance" going back to last season, the Oilers have gone 4 and 10 which to the outside observer is not very balanced. However Dave Tippett is pushing all of chips into the middle of this frozen poker table in the name of "Balance".

Without "Balance" he believes we will not win a hockey game despite us losing 70% of them since "Balance" suddenly became a thing. Not to mention having an ineffective penalty kill, terrible support scoring, average goaltending coupled with zero goaltending depth, brutal 3rd and 4th lines, wanting his D to move the puck better but refusing to play the teams best puck moving D, and the remaining D corps that at times looks more like the Keystone Cops than an NHL defence.

However, Dave believes that it is "Balance" that will win the day.

Perhaps Dave comes by this quest for "Balance" honestly. He looks at his available players and gets incredibly frustrated with what Holland has given him.

View attachment 390158
In Hollands defence:

View attachment 390159

So the players today fully bought in at practice when forced to wear bright orange pants as punishment for the way they have started the season.

Our 1st line of RNH, McDavid and PJ is "balanced" and ready.

View attachment 390150
Our 2nd line of Rieder Kahun, Draisatl, and Honey Badger is "balanced" and ready.

View attachment 390152
Our 3rd line of Neal, Turris and Kassian is "balanced" and ready. Sort of.

View attachment 390153

Our 4th line is not "balanced" and is not ready, it is a collection of 8 AHL and replacement level NHL players struggling not to get scored on or take stupid penalties at inopportune times which at 5 v 5 has zero chemistry and cant get out of their own way. We can only watch in silent horror.

View attachment 390155
Our D Corps however say they plan to be incredibly balanced.

Here is the pair of Nurse Bear trying to show they can be a top pairing in the NHL with an amazing display of "Balance". Ready.

View attachment 390160
The 2nd pair of Jones Larsson has incredible chemistry and "balance". Ready.

View attachment 390161
The 3rd pair is a revolving door of 4K, KRussell, Barrie and Lagesson which thus far has not been very "balanced" to say the least. Perhaps they still think it's Christmas and are drunk. In 4K's defence he has been the best of the lot but when your paired with Drunk Santa, well.....your f***ed.

View attachment 390167

In goal we know we will be very average and very tired, and I cant add another gif because there is a 10 gif limit but I suspect we will get the above gifs performance Saturday night so onto the projected lineups.

Projected :edmonton Lines

RNH - McDavid - Puljujarvi
Rieder Kahun - Draisaitl - Honey Badger
Neal - Turris - Kassian
Ennis - Shore - Archibald

Nurse - Bear
Jones - Larsson
4K - Barrie

Koskinen and Pray
Groesnick

Balance

Since 1967

:stanley::stanley::stanley::stanley::stanley:

Projected Centre of the Universe Lines

Hymen - Nostrils - Mitchie
Mikheyev Skatealot - Pajamaboy - Hairspray
Feces - Kerfeet - Simmonds Beauty Rest
Barabanov Skatealot - Spazza - Boid

Turnstile Reilly - TJ the Ex Flame son of Satan
Muzzins beard impersonating Burns - "Shut Down" Holl
Captain Dermott - Cant Skate Bogosian

Cant Win A Series Andersen in net

In the hospital - Duct Tape Joe

Since 1967

:golfnana:

Fun Leaf Facts!

Fun Fact 1 - Did you know the Leafs have never won more than 2 playoff series in a row in their entire history? Its True!

Fun Fact 2 - Did you know that the Leafs are the only team in NHL history to lose to their own zamboni driver? Its True!

Fun Fact 3 - Did you know that the Leafs fans plan a parade every September thru October but come April they are planning a mass casualty event? Its True!

Fun Fact 4 - Did you know that any time the Leafs win a game their fans, the fan version of malarial mosquitos, infest their opponents boards with taunting they can never, ever back up? Its True!

Fearless Prediction:

Balance is found.

We stay on the balance beam, we don't fall into the lake, we don't crash face first into a parked car, we climb the stairs, we don't fall into an open manhole, and we win this hockey game.

That is if Koskinen doesn't suffer a total meltdown. If he doesn't suffer a total meltdown, we win this hockey game!

Balance.
:cheers:
GDT MUSIC

"We Hate Toronto"

Outstanding work! What a GDT! It really gave me the feels.
A1F22C2B-70A4-416A-9A06-34CCF58B4218.gif

I’m still chuckling over your GIF’s.

Good luck with the Leafs. I really hope your boys can stay out of the box and let Connor & Leon do their damage.
9A9F41F2-0F23-405F-B231-F4EE3BF4B072.jpeg

edit: and that lineup. I woke my wife up laughing again.
24FBFED3-60EC-4460-BA57-3A0F574F1196.jpeg

I missed it the first time because of the GIF’s. Again, well done @5 Mins 4 Ftg .

Last edited:

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

Patch101

Feb 27, 2002
Kamloops
I was one of the guys that was pushing for Tips .... but ...
This whole bullheaded comment about "balance" really ticks me off.

As a coach, you should be doing your best to find chemistry within your players, and sometimes that comes from unlikely combinations.
I mean, I get the message of ... "stability" right, but that's to far guy ...

Now all of a sudden Nuge is the player that makes us a one line team? that's some BS right there.
No ... nooo .... Lets just keep doing the same thing, hoping for different results .....

but hey, I'm sure its that the 4th line that's the big problem so far ..... (they had the perfect guy in sheahan btw)
I'm so baffled by some of the decisions this year.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad