GDT: 10/4 - Preseason Game 5 - New York Rangers @ New Jersey Devils, 7pm EST, MSG, MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
yes the same way ben harpur watches fox and wonder why he's so successful compared to him
They certainly were comparable level of d men before they got to the NHL, certainly on par with two 1oa picks taken in consecutive years...

MrAlmost

Beer league hero.
Jun 3, 2010
I actually liked the new breakout. Guys are cold and not used to it. The forwards are much closer to the d when breaking out so its not just stretch passes all the time. I don't know how good we will be but at this point if it's between the players and the staff, I choose the staff.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
I wonder if Hyman Roth Molasses Inc is hiring? I know a boatload of guys that would fit right in to that slow and sticky environment. Pathetic. But let's see first in a week. And more importantly, by the beginning of December. We will see if it's sink or swim in the black mud they are seemingly stuck in

Reactions: TheDirtyH

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
I actually liked the new breakout. Guys are cold and not used to it. The forwards are much closer to the d when breaking out so its not just stretch passes all the time. I don't know how good we will be but at this point if it's between the players and the staff, I choose the staff.

What's the new breakout in your opinion? I haven't watched closely enough to see the systematic stuff.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Holy crap, Laffy did not even play in the game but people still need to shit on him :)
The entire team except for Cuylle and Othmann have had miserable camps. Let's blame Lafreniere. Cuylle and Othmann aren't expected to make the team. That's the Rangers way. Those plans might change with Pitlick's injury. The entire team has been bad in preseason. It's all Lafreniere's fault. Quick has given up 11 goals on 57 shots. Blame Lafreniere.

GENESISPuck94

Sponsor
May 2, 2022
NJ
I am sure Hughes would be successful playing 3rd line minutes and receiving no meaningful power play minutes.
Their 20 year old seasons were actually very comparable at even strength. Despite Lafreniere getting much less ice time. Laf scored 19 even strength goals, Hughes scored 20. Hughes had more assists but like I said, getting much more ice time with better linemates in a top 6 role. The regular PP time, more overall ice time, and long leash by coaches and management helps a player get in a rhythm. Lafreniere never had that and still was productive.

Where they split is last season. Devils at that point had properly developed Hughes as "the guy" and with all the even strength minutes and special teams time and the teams other top forwards at his disposal, he broke out.

Lafreniere by comparison was still used as a 3rd line player, with no meaningful PP time, and he barely improved his overall production. And people wonder why.

Reactions: JCMac23

savebyrichter94

CALM LIKE A BOMB
Sep 14, 2008
PA
The same way Marty Jannetty looked at Shawn Michaels and wondered why he was so successful compared to him @savebyrichter94
BBF61ADB-601D-46D3-AA4F-71ECC476195B.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad