GDT: 10/30/23 - 7:00PM EDT - Seattle vs Tampa Bay

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
We were one of the first teams if not the first team to strategize holding the puck in OT and being content to get to the shootout. Why are giving up puck control so much now?

Reactions: Hoek

Rschmitz

Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
We aren't winning the faceoffs.
We've always sucked at faceoffs, the concerning thing for me is how easily we give control right back up after working so hard to get it. I'd rather we never shoot the puck than these low percentage plays from the perimeter towards the net. Exhaust them enough and they'll commit a penalty

Last edited:

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
We were one of the first teams if not the first team to strategize holding the puck in OT and being content to get to the shootout. Why are giving up puck control so much now?
Seems like we lose the opening faceoff and then never get it.

Reactions: Rschmitz

Rschmitz

Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Seems like we lose the opening faceoff and then never get it.

I think the only solution for that is to attack the puck carrier and let them get some looks if necessary. If that means we lose in 30 seconds instead of 3 minutes so be it

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
50 goals was always a bit of a fluke but he should be good for at least 35..
He's had 40 before too. He's a little snakebit but he's getting chances. Some guys are scoring more than they should, some guys are scoring less. It will all shake out.

Renopucker

Jan 17, 2019
Reno
I mentioned earlier that I see him getting closely marked during a PP. I thought it was initially because 91 wasn't on the left side, but now I don't know. 91's SOG vs attempted is brutal right now, so perhaps teams concentrate more on Point. Just guessing.

Reactions: Rschmitz

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I mentioned earlier that I see him getting closely marked during a PP. I thought it was initially because 91 wasn't on the left side, but now I don't know. 91's SOG vs attempted is brutal right now, so perhaps teams concentrate more on Point. Just guessing.
As long as other people are shooting. PP has been good overall, but yeah, seems like teams are over defending that play. Might be why the PP has been pretty lethal at times.

Rschmitz

Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay

Gotta think Paul's success on the PP has at least somewhat come at the cost of Point, it's working out great so far

Reactions: Renopucker

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad