GDT: 10/26/23 - 7:00PM EDT - San Jose vs Tampa Bay

TheFurryPickle

Mar 9, 2019
i missed the entire f***ing game it seems.. i thought it was..

ahh f*** it.

Just found a replay -- if you want to know the site as it has em all: nhlvideo.net

Last edited:
Reactions: Peacefool

Tampa22

Eternally grateful TBL enforcers!
Oct 11, 2010
Buenos Aires, Argentina
I saw the game and was like watch Bolts vs Sharks from years 96/97/98 when we sucks and lost games by huge margin, the players looks lost. The only difference in those times are the pride and heart showing by tough guys, now players seems to be the same lost 2-1 than 9-0.

OffBy1

Aug 5, 2021
It's been a while since I actually felt bad for the opposing team. Has anyone ventured over to those forums to see if there's still a pulse?

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Is Watson the odd man out when Motte returns? Hard to see what he brings given the lines right now.

Tampa22

Eternally grateful TBL enforcers!
Oct 11, 2010
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Is Watson the odd man out when Motte returns? Hard to see what he brings given the lines right now.
Hard to read, my thought is Watson has low salary, locker room guy and feisty player. Everybody know what to expect from him also is not a problem to sit. Don't like Motte, but I think he will be in Sheary spot. Sheary could have potential for a trade and get some pick in return, my concern is when Vasy gets off the IR who will be gone.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Hard to read, my thought is Watson has low salary, locker room guy and feisty player. Everybody know what to expect from him also is not a problem to sit. Don't like Motte, but I think he will be in Sheary spot. Sheary could have potential for a trade and get some pick in return, my concern is when Vasy gets off the IR who will be gone.
I'm guessing the plan is sending Merela and Tomkins down, and possibly Fleury. Brown is going to Syracuse right away too. That should open enough. Haven't done the math.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Great question. ABB is the call-up, so it should be him, but 2 goals, 1 assist in his last 3 games, his best 3 games, and Kuch and Pointer connecting well with him has certainly changed things. For once in his NHL career, ABB is making it hard for the coaches to pull him from the lineup. Merela is waiver exempt and can be moved back and forth from Syracuse, but he's reliable and has contributed to a really strong PK unit. Watson seems like the odd man out, I just don't know if they'll actually do it. Same with Sheary being the weakest link of the 12 forwards in the lineup. He should sit for Motte, but will he?

Last edited:

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
While I’m no fan of ABB I hope he can stick on that line, Coop has hopefully figured out the 2nd line is better with Paul centering. While it was against a poor Shark team to me that’s about the best top 6 we can ice.
Also strengthens our bottom-six immensely to have Cirelli down there. Our forward group still looks pretty strong when we have Point -> Paul/Stamkos - > Cirelli down the middle. Paul feels like an okay 2 or 3C, almost interchangeably, whereas Cirelli feels like an okay 2C and arguably the best 3C in the league.

Reactions: Hoek

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Also strengthens our bottom-six immensely to have Cirelli down there. Our forward group still looks pretty strong when we have Point -> Paul/Stamkos - > Cirelli down the middle. Paul feels like an okay 2 or 3C, almost interchangeably, whereas Cirelli feels like an okay 2C and arguably the best 3C in the league.
Honestly the difference in Paul ion that 2nd line is his ability to add more scoring. Cirelli is not as gifted as Paul scoring. Cirelli may be better defensively which fits for that checking 3rd line. Paul is not a liability defensively and probably will pot 5 or more goals more than Cirelli in the top 6. If ABB falls apart Coop will likely revert back . It is so important that none of the top 6 take any injuries.

Reactions: Zwui21 and Meuracas

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009

Cirelli at 3C where he can excel instead of forced into a top 6 role, what a crazy idea only a 10 year NHL head coach could figure something like that out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad