GDT: 10/22/13 - Nashville Predators @ Minnesota Wild - 7:00PM CDT - NBCSN/TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billy Mays Here*

BrodinPuckToFacePreds.gif

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
I see Koivu as decent 1C, elite 2C and oh-my-god-what-is-he-doing-on-the-3rd-line 3C.

Koivu and Parise have looked decent together. It's only a matter of time before the floodgates open. They have a lot of chances and have dominated every opponent we've played this season.

Also, Koivu > Granlund/Coyle.. It's not that close.. Yet.

Anyways, Granny had a good game once again. 1st line was good as well, I'd still like to see Nino in there instead of Fontaine. Poms played well. Spurgeon was our best player tonight. Great defense, great offense, and a game saver. I liked Prosser's game as well.

Last edited:

TZM

Par too easy
Mar 25, 2012
Kerava
An important win but they still lack dangerous chances.

Am I the only one who doesn't understand the praise Jones gets?

StealthClobber

A Digital Frontier.
Feb 7, 2013
Minnetonka, MN
Well, the Wild officially made me fall asleep this game. Fell asleep sometime in the 2nd period, missed everything.

I'm not too excited about this win. 1 goal plus an empty netter is not good enough.

Taylor26

Nov 12, 2011
minneapolis

kids what 18 or 19... In his 9th or 10th game. He looked great tonight... D men usually take longer to develop. lets talk in 3 or 4 years about him. Could see him in 2018 making the US Olympic team with oh maybe Suter on the other side.:yo:

Caior89

Mar 31, 2011

From what i've seen so far the kid is a stud. Had some nice passes and did break some of our top lines plays.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Glad to see the Wild get a win when they are outplaying the opponent.

I also FINALLY saw some of the creative offensive play that I've been wanting to see from the team. The top line rush that led to the Fontaine goal was an excellent play by everyone and Mikko made a couple offensive moves that were very good. One play in particular he came off the half wall, charged the net, and got a good shot off. The second line looked good and Granlund was more dynamic and assertive. Third line also had chances and the fourth line had pressure.

Impressive that this team is so stingy on defense at even strength. But the Brodin injury is very scary. I hope he bounces back quickly but a puck to the jaw might be bad on a number of fronts.

I liked the look of Fontaine on the top line and Nino on the third. Fontaine has good speed and seems to play well with Parise.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
Glad to see the Wild get a win when they are outplaying the opponent.

I also FINALLY saw some of the creative offensive play that I've been wanting to see from the team. The top line rush that led to the Fontaine goal was an excellent play by everyone and Mikko made a couple offensive moves that were very good. One play in particular he came off the half wall, charged the net, and got a good shot off. The second line looked good and Granlund was more dynamic and assertive. Third line also had chances and the fourth line had pressure.

Impressive that this team is so stingy on defense at even strength. But the Brodin injury is very scary. I hope he bounces back quickly but a puck to the jaw might be bad on a number of fronts.

I liked the look of Fontaine on the top line and Nino on the third. Fontaine has good speed and seems to play well with Parise.

yes it was terrific to get a win, buzzkill we could have been called for a penalty on our goal by fontaine (just sayin).

PFL615

Jul 19, 2012
Smashville, TN
You guys played a hard game last night. You guys have an awesome forecheck and always seem to be pestering the guy with the puck.

To the comments on Jones. Last night was the worst game he has had so far this season. The hype is very accurate.
It was also the worst game offensively for the Preds. It was awful out there but the Preds were still inches away from stealing a point. 3 games in 4 nights the guys looked tired and it showed.
We also were without 3 of are top line players Fisher, FF, and Josi.

It's going to be a fun year when the Preds get healthy and clicking.

this providence

Chips in Bed Theorem
Oct 19, 2008
St. Paul
Was extremely disappointed when Brodin went down. Hopefully it's not a long term thing, but he'll miss some games, IMO anyway.

The positive of the whole thing is that players stood up. Spurgeon, Scandella, and Stoner all had very good games. It'd be nice if either could give the team somewhere near a consistent game like they had last night every night.

Prosser... Prosser on the other hand, I have no idea why he ever sees ice. Let alone is allowed to stay around the team. After that fight he obliged Nystrom in, that would be his ticket out of town if it were up to me. Not to mention generally acting like a clown all game to go along with his terrible play.

I'd still like to see a forward shoot the puck with a purpose at some point. The majority of shots taken have been thrown on net to attempt to get the play to the front.

I also hope Yeo isn't fooled into having Fontaine on the top line for any kind of stretch...

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
I thought Prosser was good last night. The fight was poorly timed as we were already down a defenseman, but still.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Fontaine is quickly becoming one of my favorite players. That kid is skating 100% of the time. I honestly can see a glimmer of Zach in it. The possibility of Parise^2 on a line does sound entertaining.

mezcal

Wild Complacency
Feb 19, 2013
CA
Fontaine is quickly becoming one of my favorite players. That kid is skating 100% of the time. I honestly can see a glimmer of Zach in it. The possibility of Parise^2 on a line does sound entertaining.

It's like we found a gem. Just one of those good finds. I think he will continue to get better and better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad