GDT: 10/10/23 - 5:30PM EDT - Nashville vs Tampa Bay

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
I hope bedard and Crosby crash into each other and knock each other into a parallel dimension without espn in it.

Just looking at stats, Eyssimont didn't play much, just over 8 minutes and had a fairly quiet game. Did he look better than the stats?
He looked good to me. There was a lot of PP and PK time and that probably limited his involvement.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
RH6gLoQ.jpeg

BowB4Bolts

Aug 6, 2021
Tampa
Can't do that Kuch
Lemme guess, was that - the other guy came away w loose puck v Kuch, Kuch is pissed, guy starts skating away n Kuch does the ol 'stick, stick, stick, hook, penalty!' Doesn't Kuch seem to do this too often?

And was it my failing eyes (quite possibly) or did Serge coast too much and generally bone it up a number of times...at least in 1st 2 periods?

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
In my estimation, the defenseman power list for tonight goes like this:

1) cernak - looked fantastic
2) sergachev - some mistakes, mostly good
3) Raddysh - nice hit, had some hairy situations
4) da haan - not terribly noticeable (good!)
5) hedman - looked faster more mobile, made some bad plays and forgot to cover some areas that let the puck in our net
6)perbix - maybe his worst game since he made the league. Out of position often, bad mental mistakes, and poor cross ice pass led to the preds go ahead goal.

Last edited:

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Looking over the stat line, here are some things that stood out:

Cernak had 6 hits -- Really liked him tonight. I mean in an athletic way. I remember when he first came to the team I was surprised at how fast he was. Seems to have regained that skating ability. Not sure if he's fully healthy or shed some pounds or what, but he looked different tonight. And yeah, 6 hits is a nice start.

We crushed them on faceoffs, except for Nick Paul, who got destroyed... but I think we can give him a pass this one time.

Jeannot played less than 12 minutes -- Loved the play where he hit the post, but it seems like Coop wasn't seeing it overall. Maybe because there was a lot of special teams play in this one.

Hedman had 4 shots ON NET... and missed with 3. Mid-season form.

We played the top guys a LOT tonight. Coop is probably gonna try to go full playoff mode while Vasy is out. We saw a lot of blocked shots, and we put the pedal down as soon as we lost the lead.

Mikey Eyssimont doesn't kill penalties??

Reactions: CupsOverCash

OffBy1

Aug 5, 2021
Who's the Killorn replacement? Unzip, er, I mean unveil Big Nick!

Good to see Jeannot look dangerous with his shot. Glendenning made some great blocks on the PK.

Adding Stamkos to the Point-Kuch line just seems to increase the number of forced passes the line as a whole tries to make. He passed up several chances to shoot when he was in good position. I think that line is fine without him and he should be on the second. Not counting the empty netter, we scored 3 goals on the PP, which is awesome, but only one at even strength which came from our 1st line, where almost all the scoring talent is. Put Stammer on the 2nd and just about anybody in his place on the first.

Hedman made several good plays in our end. His biggest problem there was constantly getting screwed over by his "partner" Perbix. On the PP his decision making or execution is slower than Serge and he takes longer wind up shots that miss the net way too often. Serge seems to have the better instincts for the QB 1 position.

Game 1 Serge with the puck in his end this season looks like game 1 Serge with the puck in his last season - an extended sequence of scoring chances for the opposing team about to start. Zero growth there. But I'll cut him slack there because it's only his 540th NHL game. As bad as he can be in our end at times, he looks very decisive and effective on the PP. He and Hedman need to switch units.

While Serge was bad in our end, Perbix was the worst all over the ice. He looked as bad or worse as he has all preseason. It's like he suddenly realized, I should have never been as good as I was last season.

Raddysh had an awesome hit and he looked assertive and confident, even though he had some mistakes as well. He looks much better than Perbix at this point in year 2.

OffBy1

Aug 5, 2021
Am I the only one who keeps coming back to the GDT to see Byrd's review?
I tried to keep the audience warm with my last post.

Perbix with a blueline low of 11:42 played. De Hann had more at 13:41. Last year Perbix averaged over 15. I hope he remembers he's good soon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad