GDT: #10 - 02/04/21 | capitals @ RANGERS | 7:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Aaah hell, I will do it. I'm so bored/psyched? For this game. Going to be a very "telling" game, if you ask me. Literally only the 3rd game we've played vs a team I somewhat respect. (Dont shoot me as the 1st two were vs Isles) Have absolutely NONE for Pittsburgh as I KNOW we are better than they are, but they were just beyond fortunate and we just didnt put it in the net. (Fell short of saying we played like crap, because we didnt)

Telling? Because the Caps are no doubt solid, and its a wonder "which way" our team will go..... post Tony.
Positively thinking........we move on, and concentrate on hockey.
Negatively thinking......who REALLY will cover what Tony brought?

Just kind of thinking that, for this team to start BELIEVING they are a good team, they must beat the Caps, as that will be a very good start. That would be 3 of 4, and may just be, a turning of the corner and creeping up the standings.

Brooks wrote that article about how Kreider "should be" annointed our Captain.
I have been stating that for the last year and a half. It "should be done" soon.
The time is "soon". But until "soon comes", Kreider must lead the charge, and continue doing what he is best at. Leading by example, is IMPERATIVE.
Then "soon", will be "sooner" than later.

This team NEEDS a Captain, I simply don't think it works without one. ONE PLAYER that stands up ON and OFF the ice, being the leader and the one that ties together mgmt. and the players.

Here's to hoping ........."soon", comes sooner than thought, and bringing us that much needed Kreider led victory vs the Capitals.

Reactions: Buchnevich89

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
Caps are my pick to win it this year.
They're gonna bring the heat for sure.
I expect this to be a loss..

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
Every time I expect the boys to get smoked by a way better team they elevate their game.

Wouldn’t surprise me if we played great tomorrow, regardless of the results.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
I'd say Kreider's got to pull that off for a whole season. Some major league branding power there. The way he's skating with the puck, that's great to see, and something you really didn't see a whole lot of earlier in his career. Having to defer to guys like Nash and Stepan, he wasn't a puck carrier. With that size, speed, that's going to get you a lot of clean entries or penalties. Almost looked like a center at times.

RickChartraw

Oct 12, 2018
Kreider is what he is, always leaving you expecting more. So big, so fast, but just disappears way too often.

MyLoveIsBlue

Feb 20, 2015
OVI.jpg

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Its unfortunate that Hajek is gonna be put right into the fire but happy to see him get a shot.

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Just give me an entertaining game with heart and passion. Give me goals. And, if not, give me hits. Just don’t give me the first two periods of Monday’s game. Almost fell asleep during the second.

Excited to see OV again. Have to enjoy it now that he’s approaching the end of his career. We’re lucky to have seen arguably the greatest goalscorer — regardless of his allegiances.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Well... our bottom pair is gonna be an adventure. The team does sometimes surprise and elevate their game against a better team, but I don’t know if we have the horses right now unless Washington under estimates us. But it’s so early anything can happen. We can find our groove. Shesty can start stealing games. Zibanejad can start coming on. One of Laf or Kakko could suddenly click. No point in predicting the loss. Just watching to see the kids.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Aaah hell, I will do it. I'm so bored/psyched? For this game. Going to be a very "telling" game, if you ask me. Literally only the 3rd game we've played vs a team I somewhat respect. (Dont shoot me as the 1st two were vs Isles) Have absolutely NONE for Pittsburgh as I KNOW we are better than they are, but they were just beyond fortunate and we just didnt put it in the net. (Fell short of saying we played like crap, because we didnt)

Telling? Because the Caps are no doubt solid, and its a wonder "which way" our team will go..... post Tony.
Positively thinking........we move on, and concentrate on hockey.
Negatively thinking......who REALLY will cover what Tony brought?

Just kind of thinking that, for this team to start BELIEVING they are a good team, they must beat the Caps, as that will be a very good start. That would be 3 of 4, and may just be, a turning of the corner and creeping up the standings.

Brooks wrote that article about how Kreider "should be" annointed our Captain.
I have been stating that for the last year and a half. It "should be done" soon.
The time is "soon". But until "soon comes", Kreider must lead the charge, and continue doing what he is best at. Leading by example, is IMPERATIVE.
Then "soon", will be "sooner" than later.

This team NEEDS a Captain, I simply don't think it works without one. ONE PLAYER that stands up ON and OFF the ice, being the leader and the one that ties together mgmt. and the players.

Here's to hoping ........."soon", comes sooner than thought, and bringing us that much needed Kreider led victory vs the Capitals.

Just because you sew a letter on someones chest doesn't make them a captain, if they thought someone was the captain of this team they'd have it sewn on by now.

Reactions: leetch99

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
I only watched half the game the other night, Bitetto was ok from what i saw was he not?

Cmox

Jan 22, 2010
In the woods
Just because you sew a letter on someones chest doesn't make them a captain, if they thought someone was the captain of this team they'd have it sewn on by now.
It’s been apparent on the rangers the C could mean one of two things “confidence” or “cancer”. Its between the gamble being worth or just keep your money. I guess we’ll see ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad